User Tag List

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having an entire box of shuttles that are too slow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thing that really annoys me is when i get a partner who never hits anything hard. You know this guy? He's like 'Joe Cool', his every shot is a smartass little net drop he's like 'Hey I hardly moved a finger and I screwed you' James Bond or something. Only thing is most of his moves get killed, and I'm screaming to myself 'Hit the thing dammit, screw the smartass finesse, make a little brute force and ignorance!'
    The worst is when i get in a really neat serve and the opponent lifts the shuttle, I'm praying that the partener will smash it back and all I get is a little clever clever net drop which invariably comes back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    ...And park a Ferarri or two out front, while you're at it. Build that and your 'hot young babes' will appear out of thin air.
    Hot young babes probably like older man's Bentleys! The seats are more comfy than fast red/black/yellow Ferraris? No?
    Last edited by GrayDark; 03-06-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont know if someone have mentioned this , but I hate the waste left behind after matches or practice session, all that feathers going into the bin ! is not economical ........ and damn they are expensive as well !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    Dont know if someone have mentioned this , but I hate the waste left behind after matches or practice session, all that feathers going into the bin ! is not economical ........ and damn they are expensive as well !
    Most of the time, the shuttles looks good but it's abandoned because the 'flight' is not there anymore.

If everyone plays w plastics then it would be a different issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    There's no doubt as to why that is true around here. My group is composed of accountant geeks, computer science geeks, research lab geeks. Not exactly babe magnet material.

What every club needs is a couple of firefighters, movie actors and eligible millionaires. And park a Ferarri or two out front, while you're at it. Build that and your 'hot young babes' will appear out of thin air.
    isn't it easier and of greater certainty just to go to 'certain' bars? (assuming that your gf/wife don't play badminton with u).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    Do you have a local junior club in your area? You could see if they want them for training etc. That's what has been done at my local club, uni club 1 and local club number 2. Uni club number 2 is too disorganised to get there own shuttles, let alone recycle them, but that's another story!

That way the shuttles get some reuse, just be sure not to give them utterly destroyed ones. In fact damaged shuttles are often useful for warming up/drills, as long as they aren't too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. People who say they're better than you just because they you once in a short game...like up to 10 or something

2. Moronic people who makes retarded sounds to distract you

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my partner! wahahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your inathletic sister who is overweight and fat and never played a single sport for real in her life makes fun of you for playing badminton because it's a sissy sport that requires no skill. Wow. Add to the list the many inathletic fat (stick thin too) never played a real sport in their life criticizing you for playing badminton because it's so easy they're good at it (not really). And when you play them at a "real sport" you still destroy them. Wow badminton needs some major marketing. Throwing stats out can't defend it either, neither does reasoning with them why badminton is harder than it looks (one guy said that badminton is hard cause it's windy outdoors and it takes skill to compensate for the wind).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, i noticed i'm not the only one with the *badminton is a sissy sport* thing" :P

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmybrain View Post
    Lol, i noticed i'm not the only one with the *badminton is a sissy sport* thing" :P
    Well, you guys are from Canada where the dominant "non-sissy" sport is the one where players go through teeth like we do shuttles: at least one is broken per game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i forgot to mention:

Stupid partners (its not that they are noob that bugs me, it's either how they make it 2 on 1 or they try to get it even if you clearly got it)

like 3 weeks ago, playing doubles with a couple of friends, they made me partner up with my noob friend

they lift it, i was going to kill it, then my moronic friend comes up any ways and our rackets clash.....his racket got 1 EXTREMELY small paint chip, while mine got 1 enormous one, and 2 small ones...all with one hit....i don't know how more my arc 10 can take..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) newbies who have more money than skill or sense, but know nothing and argue alot
    2) professional players who are very good BUT have a HUGE EGO and think theyre God (there are the FEW ive met who are a bit humble...but most are retards)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. people think they're good and laugh at my weak smashes.
    2. people who purposely aim at you when a high drop shots.
    3. people who doesn't say sorry when they hit me with the shuttle and show that they satisfied with me getting hit by the bird

easy to say "no sportsmanship"

last: people who know nothing about respecting the going on game, walking in the court slowly (yes during the game, some idiots in social clubs do that)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Punch clears when I've steamed in for a drop;
    2. Drops when I've run back into the car park expecting a smash;
    3. The fact that I'm 215 lbs and can't move properly (but the shots I do get to are screamers).

Finally, the fact that it's not as popular as it SHOULD be given the sheer number of people who play it. We get this Premier League dross on Sky Sports pretty much every night (and in HD - talk about polishing a turd), but less than ten days a YEAR of badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. distracts me from school :P

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast