Results 392 to 408 of 460
Thread: Things you hate about badminton!
07-23-2010, 05:20 AM #392
07-23-2010, 07:14 AM #393
This isn't so much about the game itself but more where i play.
Early April i phoned around 3 or 4 clubs in my area to find one to play at. I found i could join one on Tues, Weds or Thurs. The one closest to me was Weds so i decided to go there. I couldn't go for a couple of weeks because i was busy that weds i phoned and the next. Well i phoned again before the first Weds i could attend and the coach told me in the last 2 weeks they had got pretty full. This is where the problem is. I went along but the group was small that night so i stayed. I have become a permanent fixture there now since mid April and the club has been pretty busy, between 16-20 per night.
This is where the problem is. In the last 3 weeks we have had an influx of people. I was one of a small group to have joined but in the last 3 weeks we have had a good 8 new people. We have a hall with 4 courts. Problem is there is a rockwall one end and the climbers have it on a block booking so when they show up we have to close that court. We play from 7-10pm which costs £4.50 with 3/4 courts. It used to be £4 for 2 hours, then went to £4.15 then £4.20. But a few weeks ago the centre we play at booked a small private group apparently by accident. Since then though they keep doing it. It really annoyed me 2 weeks ago when the 2 people who turned up to take one of our courts came over to me and asked 'How do you play?'. That night luckily we had the other 3 courts. But last week the rock climbers showed up at 8:45 which put us down to 3 and then the private group which gave us just 2! At that point i counted 23 people in our group with only 2 courts. This then forced some people to decide they were going home, others did like they normally would. It finally came down to 16 people for 2 courts which gradully go smaller. We are now paying 50p extra for less.
The other problem is more people coming along to the group. The centre we play in told us they would start turning people away but last week we had 25 people at one point and they knew what would happen with the rock climbers and private group. Now i don't want to sound harsh or arrogant but these guys coming along aren't exactly good, at all. Its getting frustrating as the coach has no space to take these guys aside to teach them while the rest of us play so they are thrown into the mix. There is one guy i love playing doubles with, we make a great pair but because we are at the same level we are always pitted against eachother with 2 no hopers to make it even so neither of us gets a good game. I played in 3 hours about 12 games, maybe more. In that time we played against eachother a bloody lot and only together once. Its impossible to get a good competitive game because there are so many people below our level.
Gonna have a word with the coach next week see if it can be sorted because the centre is just trying to make as much money as possible with a complete disregard to the club.
07-26-2010, 12:22 AM #394
1. While playing with a new expensive Yonex shuttlecock bought by my rich friend, suddenly i missed hit it while playing with him and it landed on the stacks of lights above us, beyond our reach to retrieve it......as a punishment, my friend ask me to go and take it - hate no. 1.......
2. to continue my mission to retrieve the shuttlecock, i went and search for a ladder which i took from the store and on my way to my court i some how realise that it seems the whole player inside the hall that day suddenly stop for a while playing as to witness a new "lamp tecnichian" starting his routine work without knowing what actually is happening - hate no. 2
3. after confidently positioning the ladder align to the area where the unfortunate shuttlecock landed, while i was slowly climbing it, my trusted colleague that i asked to hold the ladder look at me from below said that i look sexy while wairing shorts i should consider myself to work as a underwear model .......which that statement causes the whole team (including few females) laughed - hate no. 3
4. not enough...my now, not trusted collague went and shake the ladder while i was still on it and i suddenly fall down. As to make sure that i landed as mancho as possible in front of the females, i tried to perform an acrobatic manoeveur but suddenly my not trusted collague went and grab me by the pants and it nearly went off making me half naked - hate no. 4
5. while still laughing like no body business after witnessing a "clown performance" by me, my rich friend coolly said that "nevermine, we can take another shuttlecock from the tube"......in which he can said that much more earlier (in which i did told him earlier) - hate no. 5
...................what a day
07-26-2010, 05:41 AM #395
shutttlecocks are too expensive...Especially the good one.
07-26-2010, 05:46 AM #396
Waiting for the UPS guy to come. Tracking your package like a madman in the mean time and hoping it will still be delivered as scheduled.
07-26-2010, 06:55 AM #397
The endless supply of badminton rackets, it never stops!
07-26-2010, 12:26 PM #398
07-30-2010, 07:47 PM #399
I don't like how badminton is perceived by some as a sport that anyone can play and takes no athleticism.
08-11-2010, 09:57 PM #400
i might sound arrogant, but i will just reply to this thread...
i hate loosing playmates who cannot understand basic badminton, they tend not to exert more effort to improve their game, or maybe they want different style of the game
08-14-2010, 01:38 PM #401
Eventually, time and experience would make them a better player and ultimately their attitude towards badminton would become more positive.
08-14-2010, 05:54 PM #402
1. EXPENSIVE FEATHERS GAH!!!!!
2. INJURIES AND SORENESS/FATIGUE >.<!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. and opponents who are good just plays lazy - I hope everyone understand that if you are good, and you don't show competitiveness against people who ask to challenge you and you think they suck more, you are consider a deutchbag. If you want to get better by playing with people who are pros and actually love badminton. Please do a favor and return that opportunity you had to someone who looks up to you for a challenge to get better themselves. That shows if you truely love badminton (except probably highschoolers and below they probably don't know any better)
4. I AGREE WITH T-maker
5. BROKEN STRINGS/RACQUETS!!!!!!!!!!
08-16-2010, 10:20 AM #403
Things that I hate about badminton.
1) Double partners who are a level or 2 below you. Likes to pin point your mistakes and give sarcastic remarks whenever you
2) Opponents who lost the game and gives all kinds of excuses that he didn't play to his true form.
3) Fatigue and soreness the next day.
4) Constant fear of injuries.
5) Player who think he's very good and likes to couch others. When in fact some of the players he couches are much better than
6) Arrogant advance players who will leave the court and not play with you the moment you step in. When in fact they are just
slightly better than you.
7) Monthly/weekly hassle to change grips, strings and etc.
8) Addiction to this sport.
Last edited by tmh7781; 08-16-2010 at 10:34 AM.
08-16-2010, 05:13 PM #404
This is an awesome, awesome thread! Every forum has a LOL thread or two, and I found one!
I haven't yet gone through every post, but already I'm struck at how different the badminton culture is between the east and the west (i.e. UK). We don't really have the club culture where I am - we play where our pals are, and float from one playing venue to the next as our daily routine invariably changes. So we don't face some of your pet peeves, but still, pretty damn funny stuff!
Originally Posted by wizbit
Originally Posted by wizbit
08-19-2010, 05:01 PM #405
08-20-2010, 04:42 AM #406
08-20-2010, 12:14 PM #407
08-20-2010, 12:56 PM #408
By Rongjun in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 2: 11-23-2009, 11:24 PM
By Carbonlist in forum General ForumReplies: 27: 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM
By darkaznboi333 in forum General ForumReplies: 28: 11-30-2007, 08:21 PM
By tingc222 in forum Market PlaceReplies: 95: 03-13-2007, 10:57 PM
By shawntn in forum General ForumReplies: 12: 04-24-2004, 06:13 PM