User Tag List

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Hahaha... you got a username that really suits you. Always looking for troubles!

Never mind let him say whatever he wishes. Most importantly we must be self-contented. I dont want to be categorized as those things you hate about badminton.
    hahahaha... that's what i'm called.... omg.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mr. know-it-all wannabe.

Just came back from a good session and as usual, I would do a full set of stretching for warming down as well as a few sets of abs crunches and torso twisting just to keep in shape.

I learned this from my gym trainer as the main purpose of this is to strenghten the core and building endurance to the hip flexors that may benefit us when we execute certain shots like the over-the-head shot and backhands.

While I am at it a fellow player from next door came over and said to me without me asking: "Hey, your crunches are for girls and you should be doing Bruce Lee's crunches!! Let me show you the way.......... and there he goes. This was what Bruce Lee used to do"

Just one of those days I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just came back from a good session and as usual, I would do a full set of stretching for warming down as well as a few sets of abs crunches and torso twisting just to keep in shape.

I learned this from my gym trainer as the main purpose of this is to strenghten the core and building endurance to the hip flexors that may benefit us when we execute certain shots like the over-the-head shot and backhands.

While I am at it a fellow player from next door came over and said to me without me asking: "Hey, your crunches are for girls and you should be doing Bruce Lee's crunches!! Let me show you the way.......... and there he goes. This was what Bruce Lee used to do"

Just one of those days I guess.
    Care to share what Bruce Lee crunches are :P Keeping your core strong is important, I use a variety, otherwise I get bored doing the same ab exercise over and over....

Still, this is better than being told you aren't very good at badminton because your racket isn't made by Yonex and that using Carlton shuttles will cause injury.... Fair enough I'm not great at badminton but I don't think that's the reason! As for shuttles choice I always thought using too slow shuttle would cause injury, not the brand! Fortunately I was wearing a Yonex top, who knows what horrific injury I may have obtained if I hadn't had that protecting me (to be fair the person didn't say that), the whole incident did make me chuckle though.

I'm still not sure if the person had a very dry sense of humour though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    Care to share what Bruce Lee crunches are :P Keeping your core strong is important, I use a variety, otherwise I get bored doing the same ab exercise over and over....

Still, this is better than being told you aren't very good at badminton because your racket isn't made by Yonex and that using Carlton shuttles will cause injury.... Fair enough I'm not great at badminton but I don't think that's the reason! As for shuttles choice I always thought using too slow shuttle would cause injury, not the brand! Fortunately I was wearing a Yonex top, who knows what horrific injury I may have obtained if I hadn't had that protecting me (to be fair the person didn't say that), the whole incident did make me chuckle though.

The Bruce Lee crunches?? You need to lower your upper body to more than 90 degree and keep your head parallel with your body while moving up and down so that you do not have any leverage from your back. Thats it!

Yes I do workout different part of the core on each different session targeting certain particular area at a time. Sometimes I used lightweight dumb bell to increase the intensity and on some other days I super-set the regime.

By the way you have a positive outlook in life and a good sense of humor though.
    Last edited by Aspire; 10-15-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try do crunches then your back to balance up mate

next day in office you sit better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    try do crunches then your back to balance up mate

next day in office you sit better!
    pBm, I overdo it once and next day in the office, at a secluded corner I sleep better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this just happen in my court friday night

a guy came running asking for ice and holding a broken racket

he just wacked his partner and his racket broke

so we gave him ice

few minutes later he came again

'plaster, plaster many plaster please'

and we gave him 4 plasters

curious I went to see what happen, of course laughing all the way to the court

o my grandmother, the poor guy needs stiching and he was trying to plaster him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pBm, I overdo it once and next day in the office, at a secluded corner I sleep better!
    that's good but it depends on what time you went to the corner lol

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

that i always play until late at night and then cannot sleep and get into work late. like today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying so much gatorade..
    Arriving early and waiting for your group to show, and watching strangers play.
    Challenging those who are stronger than you (necessary to grow, but hard to do.) It's tough to ask ppl to play when you know it's a sure loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal list of pet peeves:

1) 'Poor sport' players who can't take a defeat graciously .... eg; sulk, throw tantrums, blame the heavens, blame their equipment, blame their parents .....
    2) Players who refuse to listen/believe when you tell them the rules and instead call you picky .... eg; serving above the waist.
    3) Players who tell you that "they're not playing at the World Championships" when you point out certain basic rules.
    4) Players who come to your court 20 minutes before their alloted time, dump their equipment in front of you, gear up and warm-up in an attempt to try to visually 'pressure' you to stop your game just because they have already 'arrived'.
    4) Cheapskate players who play on empty courts for free, and then throw you a disgusted/irritated/unhappy look when you arrive at the same court for your game, which you have BOOKED and PAID for.
    5) Players who like to pass comments, insult or be sacarstic of other players when they themselves suck at the sport.
    6) Players who like to 'stray' into your court during your game.
    7) Parents who let their children run wild around the hall, oblivious of the potential dangers !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    this just happen in my court friday night

a guy came running asking for ice and holding a broken racket

he just wacked his partner and his racket broke

so we gave him ice

few minutes later he came again

'plaster, plaster many plaster please'

and we gave him 4 plasters

curious I went to see what happen, of course laughing all the way to the court

o my grandmother, the poor guy needs stiching and he was trying to plaster him!
    That reminds me of myself at one tournament. My partner in accidently smashed me in the head with his racket and his his racket broke to pieces. The whole hall starting to run around to get some ice pack while im being treated like a fallen soldier. The side of my head just above the left ear was swallen big, but luckily no bloody thing happening.

What happend was, i was at the net and hit a drive down the middle and my opponent double hit the shuttle but managed to return the bird. At that point, the ref called the point and i let myself stand straight. But my apparently my partner missed the whole story and thought that the bird is still in play, so at half court he smashed as hard as he can and hit both the bird and me. Now me and my partner joked around that YY racket is not as strong as my head

BWT we still managed to get into SF with my dizzy head going around
    Last edited by Yoppy; 10-17-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dingboy View Post
    My personal list of pet peeves:

1) 'Poor sport' players who can't take a defeat graciously .... eg; sulk, throw tantrums, blame the heavens, blame their equipment, blame their parents .....
    Holy mackeral! The place you play sounds like the most peevish, impolite place on Earth. Hope these are occasional rather than common experiences for you, otherwise badminton would be less a joy than a schoolyard rumble. Stay cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    That reminds me of myself at one tournament. My partner in accidently smashed me in the head with his racket and his his racket broke to pieces. The whole hall starting to run around to get some ice pack while im being treated like a fallen soldier. The side of my head just above the left ear was swallen big, but luckily no bloody thing happening.

What happend was, i was at the net and hit a drive down the middle and my opponent double hit the shuttle but managed to return the bird. At that point, the ref called the point and i let myself stand straight. But my apparently my partner missed the whole story and thought that the bird is still in play, so at half court he smashed as hard as he can and hit both the bird and me. Now me and my partner joked around that YY racket is not as strong as my head

BWT we still managed to get into SF with my dizzy head going around
    yes this kind of accident do happen in court, a player banged by his partner is very common!

sincerely hope you don't let that happen again

trying to use your head to beat yonex racket tensile strength lol

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Holy mackeral! The place you play sounds like the most peevish, impolite place on Earth. Hope these are occasional rather than common experiences for you, otherwise badminton would be less a joy than a schoolyard rumble. Stay cool.
    Yeah ..... fortunately, incidents like these rarely happen ..... but they do.
    Sadddest part is, some of these people are in my badminton group.

I guess almost everyone here have see this type of players at some point in their life ..... but i dont let it bother me, in fact, it makes me wanna bear down and whoop their asses even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dragon Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post

I believe Bruce Lee crunches are known as dragon flags.

Heres a good example.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCMq2zkbOo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Things I hate about baddy

Also a common behaviour among amateurs (at least some are from my group) were during actual matches, they really played like an amateur especially on the mental aspect (like a tiger when facing weaker players, if they knew the opponents is strong, they behaved like a pussy cat).

Not only that, when it comes to post match tea session, all the pussy cats would become a roaring tiger again. Very vocal in pointing others weaknesses and give free lectures!

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast