User Tag List

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 426 to 442 of 472
  1. #426
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    novascotia
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The one thing i absolutely hate about badminton is when you are playing doubles and you partner steals all your shots even when you say "i got it" they pull out an excuse like "oh i didnt hear you" or "oh i thought you said i could get it"

  2. #427
    Regular Member nickspeed9900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Batminton City
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwu View Post
    People who complain about how much they hate certain aspect of the game. Just go out and play, have fun, who cares.
    i truly agree with you! Hate wont make you a better... Hate is a negative attitude, just not pro enough ^^

  3. #428
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default People who simply give wrong info

    Also on certain people who give advise when they themselves are not sure of.

    I have a YY racket for sale the other day and a buddy is interested in buying it after testing out the racket for almost 2 hours. While testing his feedback was that the racket felt solid and it suited him. He was asking for a price cut already.

    Then 1 of his close pal interfered and took a close look at the racket and said that it was a fake!!

    I asked what make him said that my racket is not genuine and his reply was that all Yonex SP coded racket shouldn't have the PBSI logo on it!!

    The deal was called off because of this.

  4. #429
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Also on certain people who give advise when they themselves are not sure of.

    I have a YY racket for sale the other day and a buddy is interested in buying it after testing out the racket for almost 2 hours. While testing his feedback was that the racket felt solid and it suited him. He was asking for a price cut already.

    Then 1 of his close pal interfered and took a close look at the racket and said that it was a fake!!

    I asked what make him said that my racket is not genuine and his reply was that all Yonex SP coded racket shouldn't have the PBSI logo on it!!

    The deal was called off because of this.
    why don't you sue the 2nd guy

    and when you do that, probably he has the pbsi logo thing to defend his claim

    then you suggest to him to sue yonex for not been careful in placing the logo...

    you two may end up getting some new rackets! he..he..

  5. #430
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    where Trouble is
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Also on certain people who give advise when they themselves are not sure of.

    I have a YY racket for sale the other day and a buddy is interested in buying it after testing out the racket for almost 2 hours. While testing his feedback was that the racket felt solid and it suited him. He was asking for a price cut already.

    Then 1 of his close pal interfered and took a close look at the racket and said that it was a fake!!

    I asked what make him said that my racket is not genuine and his reply was that all Yonex SP coded racket shouldn't have the PBSI logo on it!!

    The deal was called off because of this.
    sigh....... wish i was there....

  6. #431
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default An experience to share.

    I kinda couldn't tolerate some players who are too choosy when it comes to selecting a partner even for leisure play. A selected few from 1 of my groups tend to be over-selective.

    They are a few state players with us and these few choosy fellows sort of wanting to "grab" them whenever it comes their turn to play.

    What irked me most is when they have a partner of their liking and the opponents is not as strong, they would request for a bet in the sum of RM10-RM20 at stake. In a reversed situation, they would just keep quiet and lose interest to play a proper match.

    When I come across situation like this, I would upped the stake and try my very best to overcome them. This is because i have very low tolerance for bad mentality and most of the time I tend to succeed. (I have no intention of boasting whatsoever!)

    So for those who has the same experience, don't get intimidated but instead play above your ability and you would have a greater dimension on the doubles game. Also its a joy of achievement when you could disappoint these kind of players.

  7. #432
    Regular Member wuyeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I told people that I play badminton most of American responded "That is such an Asian sport...."

  8. #433
    Regular Member thejym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah View Post
    When I told people that I play badminton most of American responded "That is such an Asian sport...."
    Well it's a fairly accurate depiction at the moment, although it's possible that things will change in the future.

  9. #434
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    stickford, boston, england
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i hate it when people get fustrated about a game that they will never win because a lad at my club is like that but when he gets angry he thinks he can do any shot possible when he cant so he misses loads, this then puts the confidence of his player down.

    it's okay if you get a little fustrated when you miss a shot thats easy but when someone is angry all of the time because they loose it's just pathetic

  10. #435
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara, California
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordanbryant View Post
    i hate it when people get fustrated about a game that they will never win because a lad at my club is like that but when he gets angry he thinks he can do any shot possible when he cant so he misses loads, this then puts the confidence of his player down.

    it's okay if you get a little fustrated when you miss a shot thats easy but when someone is angry all of the time because they loose it's just pathetic
    unless he is complaining about his partner, he might just be mad at himself for not getting better and not really about the game. that said, i don't think his partner's confidence should be put down unless that frustration is him saying how his partner sucks. i mostly get angry at myself for being slow since if u can't get into position, u can't do the shot you want. then i yell it out to calm myself down or it would be like a domino effect and i would start playing worse and worse.

  11. #436
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    stickford, boston, england
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah like i dont get fustrated that easily if someone is worse because they will learn while playing with someone better, but my friend just gets so angry because he looses loads of point against me and my bro even tho were the best at our club, my mate even hurts himself and the other day he was hitting his racket on his knee which made it nearly bleed :/ now thats a bit over the top lmao

  12. #437
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah View Post
    When I told people that I play badminton most of American responded "That is such an Asian sport...."
    yeah, yeah and football is for wussies and hispanics. For a mutli cultural society the states can come across as having weird and racist ideas. Result of being the only superpower maybe.

    The result of these prejudiced views is enjoyable addictive sports are neglected and the americans idea of sports man is 400 pound obese lineman who probably has no co-ordination.

  13. #438
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    where Trouble is
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbirdman View Post
    yeah, yeah and football is for wussies and hispanics. For a mutli cultural society the states can come across as having weird and racist ideas. Result of being the only superpower maybe.

    The result of these prejudiced views is enjoyable addictive sports are neglected and the americans idea of sports man is 400 pound obese lineman who probably has no co-ordination.
    Superpower ? only in terms of massive deficit,that is for sure... lol.... other than that ? trying to be the good guy.

    tell others off on human rights,but look at Guantanamo . ?????

    tell others not to have nuclear weapon,but then they have a lot.

    tell others not to trade in this or that , but money talks ,right ?

  14. #439
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-maker View Post
    Superpower ? only in terms of massive deficit,that is for sure... lol.... other than that ? trying to be the good guy.

    tell others off on human rights,but look at Guantanamo . ?????

    tell others not to have nuclear weapon,but then they have a lot.

    tell others not to trade in this or that , but money talks ,right ?
    Oops opened a can of worms. Thats the government of US not neccessarily the people. most governments are dodgy
    Asfar what I said same thing happens here in britain. I am into basketball but its not popular as it is considered american.

  15. #440
    Regular Member Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Westcountry
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Basketball isn't unpopular because it's American - it's unpopular because it's crap :P
    I hate any sport where you're in each other's face, and not allowed to just knock them down...

  16. #441
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,804
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    O I thought it was because you have netball . On "the continent" it is much more popular .

  17. #442
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    now I hate the multi purpose room (the room is for badminton or soccer)
    I ALWAYS hate those lights because I cannot see the bird, and it also hurt my eyes
    they use not only one, but freakin THREE lights as one (which means I absolutely have no idea where is the bird since those 3 lights cover large area)
    but what can I say, that's the closest gym in my area, if not I need to commute using train to "proper" badminton court

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTS : Badminton things for sales
    By Rongjun in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 11-23-2009, 11:24 PM
  2. Unethical things to do in badminton
    By Carbonlist in forum General Forum
    Replies: 27
    : 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM
  3. Things you like about badminton!
    By darkaznboi333 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 28
    : 11-30-2007, 08:21 PM
  4. I hate the Canadian badminton market...
    By tingc222 in forum Market Place
    Replies: 95
    : 03-13-2007, 10:57 PM
  5. Things you like about badminton!
    By shawntn in forum General Forum
    Replies: 12
    : 04-24-2004, 06:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •