User Tag List

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    Also you see players refusing to play with others and waiting off to pick their opposition on club nights and even worse inviting certain players to an extra club night say for instance a Wednesday which is subsidised from the main club night say for instance a Monday but all the players from the Monday are not invited but end up paying for the Clique to play!

It makes me

Easy tiger ; how can you be sure that none of them visit this site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry I have said this to their faces and if they visit this site they know who I am!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that bothers me is that players often say to get better you have to play players that are better in order to improve on court, if that is the case why then do so many dislike playing with weaker players after all they have the same mentality of playing better players!

I think it is just plain arrogance on the part of these individulas, only wanting to play better players in order to improve their own game completely disregarding others who are "less better" in their own mind especially on club nights!

Also you see players refusing to play with others and waiting off to pick their opposition on club nights and even worse inviting certain players to an extra club night say for instance a Wednesday which is subsidised from the main club night say for instance a Monday but all the players from the Monday are not invited but end up paying for the Clique to play!

It makes me
    yah, i dislike those people too.
    Like, honest players wait patiently for their turn to play then 1 or 2 idiot players jump the quene because they gotta play the other pair that have waited and its their turn and give them justification to jump the quene to play those pair. Ie, some inconsider players pairs up players who have waited properly so they can jump into the next game without the normal wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things I hate about badminton:
    1. Breaking a feather on a shuttle after the first hit.
    2. A shuttle not lasting a single game.
    3. Going through a whole tube of shuttle in less than a week.
    4. my shoelace always getting untied
    5. But what i really "HATE W/ A PASSION" about badminton is the top 2 inches of the net - where 70% of my smashes ends up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5. But what i really "HATE W/ A PASSION" about badminton is the top 2 inches of the net - where 70% of my smashes ends up.

me tooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahhaha

calvin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going up for a smash and landing on my ankle 5 days before a tournament and being in a lot of pain

I mean how the hell did I land on my ankle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default And another thing

People who constantly ask questions at a club night because you are a coach and when you give up your time FREE to help them by explaining things they asked and then taking them on court to help them practice they go and ask another coach the same questions and wasting their time only to be told the same thing by them and then they go and ask someone else, so on and so forth

Now that makes me

(and no fan, I don't mean you before you send a PM)

I just read back through the thread, badminton, doubles in particular just seems to make me is it any wonder I prefer singles. No excuses and no one else to blame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"People who try to repeatedly AND deliberately smash in your face (they shout YES, and clinch fist everytime it works).

People who stare at the racket everytime they lose a point (I used to do it, but now I stopped cos I consciously know how silly it is)."

I burst out laughing on these ones.. you're so lucky I wasn't drinking my juice at the moment or you'd owe me a new monitor and keyboard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who constantly ask questions at a club night because you are a coach and when you give up your time FREE to help them by explaining things they asked and then taking them on court to help them practice they go and ask another coach the same questions and wasting their time only to be told the same thing by them and then they go and ask someone else, so on and so forth

Now that makes me

(and no fan, I don't mean you before you send a PM)

I just read back through the thread, badminton, doubles in particular just seems to make me is it any wonder I prefer singles. No excuses and no one else to blame
    Yah, same here for me but it's about stringing.
    Some people have the nerve to bring their rackets(strung by someone else) to me and ask
    1. is this a good string job?
    2. is this really 25 lbs? Is it too loose? should I get it restrung by so and so?
    3, is it yonex string? Is brand X good?
    4. why there is a nick on my string over here, and how long the string gonna last now?
    5. My string keep breaking, how come?
    Last edited by cooler; 04-20-2004 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    5. My string keep breaking, how come?
    HAHA That's a good one.
    Any String has its life........and it will break no matter what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    HAHA That's a good one.
    Any String has its life........and it will break no matter what.
    I think he meant why his string is breaking so fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing at all.

I absolutely love this sport.

The only complaint I have is with Network Television, not airing enough coverage of this great sport.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tylercruz

People who stare at the racket everytime they lose a point (I used to do it, but now I stopped cos I consciously know how silly it is)."
    Why this is silly?

I tend to look at my racket very often, after losing a point, after an intensive rally, or even sometimes after winning a point. I think it's just my habit, as well as the purpose to check if i need to shift the string back into proper position. No, I never took 10 min for that, to delay the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin
    Nothing at all.

I absolutely love this sport.

The only complaint I have is with Network Television, not airing enough coverage of this great sport.
    you should play more and not sit at home watching tv or gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...things i hate...

1.Playing badminton when there's is strong wind.
    2.Playing badminton with real pros that give you no chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. actually its not completely to do with the badminton game but more to the people playing it. as i seen all of the posts. the 1 thing i hate most is
    People who thinks badminton is a sissy sports and is more suitable for girls.
    my Primary school(grade1-6) and Secondary school(grade7 onwards.) teachers all feels that badminton is for girls. and the team is make up of GIRLS onli. i requested to the CCA head to open a club for BOYS but he insists that i should join basketball(i have a height of 180 when i was 15) which he feels is more man? He even insulted badminton for being a sissy sport. cant really blame as he never see guys play before(i guess).

Others are:

-Too little TV coverage(have to blame in on the media. They just don't appreciate badminton)

-People who thinks tall people are more suitable to play basketball.
    Really Pissed off by people who say i should play basketball. I really wanna show them what is REAL badminton(btw, i am quite well built too.)

-People who wins u 1 set before but loses almost everytime and still thinks that u won by luck.

-People who suck up to you and ask u to be his/her trainer when he was thrashed and when he is able to win u, he just treat u like .. ****.

The one thing i hate about badminton is that..

-waste of resourses. Where did they get the feathers from? there isn much people who eat goose. and they are killed for the feathers?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Z1985

-waste of resourses. Where did they get the feathers from? there isn much people who eat goose. and they are killed for the feathers?
    1. How u know ppl don't eat geese?

2. Is it necessary kill a goose for the feathers? Same thing as, we can get the fur without kill a sheep.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast