User Tag List

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Also, I was given a pearl of wisdom: NEVER bring a date to your regular badminton club. She better be really into you to withstand the constant attentions from the single guys!
    lol.....hehe...and if you do don't try and swing and miss the shuttle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

I am rather new here, saw this thread, found it interesting and decided to post.

Things I hate about badminton are:

1) Getting a place to play. The usual place I play at, there are only 4 courts and it is very very difficult to get a booking. mucg goes to luck. eg. Booking opens at 7pm. If you log onto the internet booking website at 7.04pm, all courts fully booked. Its almost ridiculous.

2) Playing against very very new players. Sorry to say this, but it gets boring and after a while you simply loose your rythm and you get lethargic and when you miss shots, the very very new players start to feel that you are not up to the standard anyhow.

3) When playing doubles with weaker players as your partner, racket clashes do occur and its very excrutiating to hear metal clashing on metal when your partner simply gets over enthusiastic and goes for every shot regardless of whether he/she can get to it.

4) When you have a court and suddenly players who have not turned up for ages turn up and demand to play and you have to see precious seconds tick by as you wait your turn.

5) Players who worship Yonex even though they have never tried other brands and simply put down other brands simply becos Yonex is "the best".

and lastly.....

6) The stench!!! Yeah, the stench eminating from my very own body with totally drenched clothing after play. Oh gawd! Simply awful! stinko! yucks!!! haha......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hate

What I hate about badminton?

- That I didn't start playing at an early age and got in touch with the sport so late...

- Losing matches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default one more thing

"i hate when i am the only one who bring shuttle cock"

that's a good one too..... and one more thing:

getting injuries from badminton sucks, too....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no place to play ... though in malaysia there's lots of baddy court... but most of them is FAR from my home....

no partner to play with... as most of my frens is either bz or when they're free..i'm not.... somemore i'm the beginner player....ppl will get bored when playing wit a beginner like me

no proper shoes ... as my baddy shoes is been stolen...my mom won't let my buy a new 1....coz saying tat i seldom play.... most of the outing sport shoes is thick......bah.... nothing i can do...buying power wit mom... play bare foot next time

not able to play properly ( double) ... esp when defence time.... when they smash into the middle.... we'll look at each other 1st...coz dunno who will hit the shuttle 1st... as we scare our rackets will clash together...once our racket is broken.... i dunno when are we able to play again....as we need to buy new racket ( yay!! ) but expensive....

expensive rackets... mostly the cheapest is RM100 ++ ... so...as a student... hav to beg mom to hav 1.. she won't let me buy an expensive 1... unless i'm active in it...

though there are lotsa things tat i dislike about baddy.... but i still love to play baddy.... only if time n money allow me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate ppl who think badminton is a backyard girls' game.... so annoying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate badminton because in my lifetime, I will never
    1. smash like Lin Dan.
    2. hit backhand like Taufik.
    3. cover the court like Kim Dong Moon.
    4. have Peter Gade's footwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate Qidong, for pointing out all the things that I will never be able to do... *sob*...

Just kidding, Q.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong
    I hate badminton because in my lifetime, I will never
    1. smash like Lin Dan.
    2. hit backhand like Taufik.
    3. cover the court like Kim Dong Moon.
    4. have Peter Gade's footwork.
    Ahaha the same thoughts i have in mind ~~!!
    Another one is about easily getting injured ingame..........or is it just me ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, UK people, I have not been very active on the forum for a long time. Regarding people with appalling technique who get away with it - yes I hate Phil Troke as well, even more so because he is better than me.

My main hate at the moment is that my game is run by a bunch of old farts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf
    I hate Qidong, for pointing out all the things that I will never be able to do... *sob*...

Just kidding, Q.
    NP. Life is not fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say it's the bad manner people I hate the most.
    There are some players in my area everyone hates to play with, and the funny thing is, they just don't realize how hateful they have became (or maybe they just refuse to change).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love badminton probably as much as most people here in the forum...

However, a lot of times I really dislike a lot of the badminton players when they:

1. just leave the shuttle there for you to pick up when they are so close to it already.

2. pick up the shuttle, but randomly hit it to somewhere far away from you.

3. scream when they make an unforced error like it is my fault that they screw up.

4. argue with me about a line-call when the shuttle landed on my side of the court and I am standing right next to the line watching the shuttle landing out.

5. think that they are cool with just a $300US racket... By the way I myself have more than one of those as spare racket, you cocky moron...

6. age 40+ male players try to lift up their sad ego by picking on ladies, or beginners... then they avoid playing with better players. I always have a good laugh when ladies hit a winner by returning their sad weak smashes back at them though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like badminton when I think about:

1. Limited entries per nation for tournaments (i.e. OG, WC, etc). Therefore, we can't see the best against the best, but simply more different national flags.

2. Players lose but don't analyze themselves. They don't think they are not good enough, simply trying to blame on other factors...

3. "Fans" don't respect other nation's athletes or coaching staffs. Please, respect each other as a human being, but a doll with an national flag covers the body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate when u r not playing great & your doubles partners says "you better not be playing like that in the league match tomoro!" Thats annoys my head. I was just having a bad day.

I hate doubles partners who either think u r crap or r greedy & therefore try 2 take as many shots as they can even if the shuttle is on ur side of court. It ends up that they make more mistakes & we lose the match anyway.

Other than that the only thing i hate about badminton is the fact that i cant play everyday, ahhhhhh, that really annoys me lol. 4 - 5 times a week just isn't enough lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that i dont like about Badminton is their shuttlecocks.. cant have a perfect shuttle all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we just hate people with bad sportsmanship.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast