Results 137 to 153 of 460
Thread: Things you hate about badminton!
11-15-2007, 02:18 PM #137
1. Fragile and expensive feather shuttles.
2. Plastic Shuttle sux!
11-15-2007, 03:32 PM #138
...who would say such a thing?
11-15-2007, 05:00 PM #139
I don't like playing with beginners who are older adults. At the club I play at, I'm at least 7 years younger than the next youngest person, I can beat a good number of them and play among the best, but since I'm so much younger than all the others, it doesn't feel right to be trying to "give them advice" simply based on my age. Beginners who try hard, learn well, and work hard to get better are fine though. But arrogant beginner/intermediates? They're terrible.
11-16-2007, 03:16 AM #140
i hate not having a badminton court in my house. I hate paying for courts and shuttles
11-16-2007, 10:13 PM #141
I hate it when I play mixed doubles and the guy I'm playing with just makes me stand in the front to take the net shots, otherwise it's great. Depends on the people you're playing with really. As a sport, I love badminton :3
11-16-2007, 10:25 PM #142
shuttlecocks wearing off so quickly
the price to replace the shuttlecocks
trouble of booking courts
price of eqquipment
my terrible skills
11-16-2007, 11:32 PM #143
11-17-2007, 01:38 AM #144
I dont like playing with beginners, who always muck around and not concentrate on the game, those who never take advices from the more advanced players.
I myself as an intermediate player, love to play with the more advanced players, so that I can learn from them, improve my skills, and the most important factor, to enjoy the games.
11-17-2007, 08:36 AM #145
11-17-2007, 09:08 AM #146
i hate about badminton is I have to wait a another long week. Badminton is not the sport than u can play anytime you like. For example snooker, you can play with only one of your friend and anytime you like. Too bad i'm not a single player but even yes is hard for me to play anytime due to difficult to get court during prime time.
11-17-2007, 11:15 PM #147
1. I hate people who walk on the court while we are playing.
2. i kind of hate in when you still want top lay but everybody's exhausted already.
3. When the court attendant shuts the light off because they are about to close.
4. Courts charging exorbitant fees when the facilities are not that good.
11-19-2007, 01:56 AM #148
what i hate most is people complaining all the time
11-19-2007, 01:57 AM #149
1) The cockiness of players when they are not all that good
2) The odd screams/moans that people make when they get a point to put off their opponent (which does not work and makes people laugh @ them when they don't know)
3) The expensiveness of buying feather shuttles
4) ITS NOT SHOWN ON TV IN CANADA!!! $%^*^%*^&$# (yes I know Canada is . <--- compared to asian countries..lol)
5) Yonex clothing is expensive for sport clothing
6) My badminton bag makes me look like my parents kicked me out've the house..lol
11-19-2007, 02:56 AM #150
Personally (and as a semi-beginner), I find that there is nothing wrong in smashing to beginners. Just smash directly to them and consistently to the same place, dont smash at their face for safety reasons. Eventually, people WILL start getting the smashes back. Then you can practice smashing accurately, and they get practice returning consistent smashes. Then you can start varying it round.
Personally the thing I hate most about badminton is opponents who dont try, or are arrogant. Drop shot bandits (drop every shot when not playing a game) are also really annoying. Of course, if it were a game they can do whatever they want.
11-19-2007, 03:14 AM #151
11-19-2007, 07:11 PM #152
What i hate is:
expensive sport ---> rent a court, buy racket, buy shuttlecock, etc...
really a very expensive sport
11-19-2007, 08:41 PM #153
By Rongjun in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 2: 11-23-2009, 11:24 PM
By Carbonlist in forum General ForumReplies: 27: 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM
By darkaznboi333 in forum General ForumReplies: 28: 11-30-2007, 08:21 PM
By tingc222 in forum Market PlaceReplies: 95: 03-13-2007, 10:57 PM
By shawntn in forum General ForumReplies: 12: 04-24-2004, 06:13 PM