User Tag List

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate people who think you beat them because you have better equipment. It's upsetting because I've spent so much time and money on training to get to where I am now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OSFcross View Post
    I hate people who think you beat them because you have better equipment. It's upsetting because I've spent so much time and money on training to get to where I am now.
    I feel sorry for them. If they keep thinking this way, it's unlikely they will ever improve. Fortunately, I do not win enough for it to be a problem .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who want to warm up with you and all they do is smash everything.

*I half court clear, they smash, I pick up birdie and half drive it to force them to at least clear it for me but then they smash it again* -repeat-

Drives. Me. Insane!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eugh, double post

Sorry guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LVbeam View Post

*I half court clear, they smash, I pick up birdie and half drive it to force them to at least clear it for me but then they smash it again* -repeat-

Drives. Me. Insane!
    I can sometimes be guilty of that , although I only do it when I'm angry about something else or warming up with somebody I don't really like. Most of the time I will knock-up properly though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LVbeam View Post

Drives. Me. Insane!
    Different players have different versions of what a real warm up entails. Warming on the court is different from warming up out of court. A real warm up on court prior to a match should include the full repertoire of strokes, that is clears, both attacking and defensive, smashes, both stick smash and full blooded and returns of smashes, normal and reverse sliced, drives, short and long serves, net tumbles and pushes. But most beginners don't like this type of warm up, preferring instead to clear all the time because they find the full repertoire warm up too demanding and too revealing of their weaknesses.
    So there is no hard and fast rule for on court warm up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anger management thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strictly speaking, limbering up and warming-up to avoid pulled muscles should be done outside the court or in the dressing-room. On the court you have a few minutes for a knock-up, not a warm-up which is strictly off court. The whole of the knock-up should be systematic, not simply hitting here or there. You should practise the main strokes needed for the particular game you are about to play (e.g. clears and drops in singles; smash and defence in men's doubles; net shots for the woman and drives for the man in mixed doubles). Play the knock-up exactly like the way you will play during the first few strokes of a real game.
    Pay close attention to your opponent's weakness during the knock-up. In other words the knock-up should be more like a reconnaissance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to re-open an old thread, but I play at quite a high standard too, I don't mind playing with people from any standard, but I hate it when, at the start of a game on a club night, my partner says this to me:

"Do you wanna play front and back or sides?"

It tells me straight away that the game is gonna be hideous and i'm going to be covering 75% of the court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmandj View Post
    Sorry to re-open an old thread, but I play at quite a high standard too, I don't mind playing with people from any standard, but I hate it when, at the start of a game on a club night, my partner says this to me:

"Do you wanna play front and back or sides?"

It tells me straight away that the game is gonna be hideous and i'm going to be covering 75% of the court.
    LOL. That happens to me ALL the time :P

Actually. I was just at cities last week, and my partner (Beginner, and a girl) said that she would rather play back (even though she's at her weakest there). I thought it was funny how i didn't want to bother her, and let her play in the back :P

Note that we had no prior experience playing with each other. My other partners had other commitments, and she was sort of a backup, so we didn't really have a sense of eachother's playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.) i hate cheaters who add up points for themselves
    2.) i hate people who thinks pissing people off is a strategy cause thats a ***** move
    3.) i hate people who discourages you cause ur not as good as them
    4.) hate how people who don't pick up their birds
    5.) hate horrible sportmanship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is terrible lol

Overlook the negative aspects of the game and you will learn to enjoy it more.
    A positive mindset achieves even the most unrealistic of goals.

negatives create a brick wall and "progress" no longer exists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though badminton is my life and I love virtually every aspect of it, i suppose I'll list some things that tick me off slightly:

- Poor sportsmanship (Mainly not picking up birds, not shaking hands, and not trying when they are losing)
    - Bad line calls
    - Players who are better than you and refuse to play their hardest against you... this is probably the worst thing because then I can't accurately gauge my skill against there's

Drives. Me. Insane!
    Before you begin, discuss with your opponent how you would like to warm up. For example, say you would like to begin with some easy clears just to get started, then go into smashes, drops, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who think Badminton is an easy sport.

Seriously, probably everyone in my school thinks that badminton is a "wussy" sport and when they picture badminton in their heads, they picture the recreational play in your backyard that you just clear back and forth until one gets tired and quits.

I am a top junior for my school team and goodness, I always hear this from people (Who sometimes don't even look like they excercise):
    "I bet I can beat you in badminton." lol...

Once they get on my nerves, I agree to play them and after I win they go: "OMG YOU'RE SO PRO! WOW!" You just suck, man.

Some people in my class goes:
    "Wow you're good in badminton, big deal. Everyone's good at that!"
    "Badminton's not a sport."
    "Badminton's for chickens."
    "Good job, now go play a real sport."

Everytime I hear that... Oh, how I want to smash (JUMP SMASH EVEN) a birdy at their face...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to see that FirstSecond, I too have heard that in the past. Badminton is not the most popular sport in North America but from playing the game, it has all the elements to be defined as a "real sport" it really is what we make of it! There's going to be positives and negatives whether we like it or not.

If I am reading this correctly, it sound's like pride or lack of understanding for the sport?

I really don't agree with what these people are saying..............

"Badminton's not a sport." or "Good job, now go play a real sport"

Definition: " an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc."
    note: definition from www.dictionary.com

"Badminton's for chickens.

Based on the sports definition above, how is badminton different then tennis, golf or bowling?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont' like people who just smash everything, especially like people who aren't great, so you serve, they smash, you block, and then rally's over during a warm up. It gets really boring sometimes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azbad View Post
    (1) Have to work when there's a badminton session
    (2) Don't get good and challenging games
    (3) Have to deal with players who love to boast about their skills
    (4) Losing
    (5) Have to partner a player who keeps blaming you for his and your mistakes
    (6) Have to listen to a 'Mr Know It All' player
    (7) Players who claim that they are super good when in actual fact they suck big time!
    (8) Players who string their racquet beyond their capability
    (9) Players who wanna play only with good players
    (10) Players who blame everything and everybody except for themselves
    i share almost all your views.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast