User Tag List

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 460
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so aren't we glad that we are all one happy family here at BCentral?

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yeah, one more thing to add to the list:

    NYLON SHUTTLES

    Phil

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yeah, one more thing to add to the list:

    NYLON SHUTTLES

    Phil

    Oops, double post.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Phil
    Oh yeah, one more thing to add to the list:

    NYLON SHUTTLES

    Phil

    Really??? I found out that, at least Yonex Mavis 300/350 are much better than some crappy brand feather ones.

    Nylon ones are more durable, which save some $$$. However, once the "skirt" get twisted, the flying won't be consistant anymore. Also, crappy nylon ones are nightmare for its heavy weight and bullet like speed.

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't like nylon shuttles either. They don't suit my style of play. I
    find that except for the vibration, they're fine for a bashing game
    but quite frustrating if I want to play control since their flight patterns
    are quite a bit different from feather ones. I find feather more fun
    since I'm wristy and many of my fancy shots depend on the flight
    characteristics of feather.

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    JWU - respect
    "I can tolerate everything xcept for the intolerable..." ((c)nearly)

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Things you hate about badminton!

    Originally posted by Wizbit
    People who refuse to "knock up" with you or play a friendly. For the people who reply when asked, usual excuses are they are injured - and then go on to play the next match as soon as other people are available, say they are resting or waiting for another match. Worse is people who say it is boring so no. Worst is people who pretend you are not there and can't hear you. They just stare into blank space!
    I understand what you mean. A guy - let's call him Leo - did everything that you've mentioned above to me before, and I got so angry after he continuously treated me like that for a month.

    And what got me even angrier is that Leo is someone whom I once considered to be a close friend. We even started training badminton together when we were young. After a while, I stopped playing badminton completely while he kept up with his training and he kept improving.

    1 year later, when I picked up my badminton racquet again and wanted to play some badminton for fun, I was so shock and upset when I find find that Leo, someone whom I thought to be my friend, was ignoring and disrespecting everytime we see each other on the badminton court when he is now a much better player than I am. Is that the way a childhood friends should treat each other?

    And to make things worse, he kept talking down upon me, and he expects me to lose every single game even when I'm slowly getting back into shape. Oh well, some people aren't meant to be friends afterall.

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,370
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Re: Things you hate about badminton!

    Edwin,
    Best revenge is to train elsewhere and improve so much that you can beat him silly. Then come back to the club and to partner with someone else and hit him with everything you got.

    Originally posted by edwin
    I understand what you mean. A guy - let's call him Leo - did everything that you've mentioned above to me before, and I got so angry after he continuously treated me like that for a month.

    And what got me even angrier is that Leo is someone whom I once considered to be a close friend. We even started training badminton together when we were young. After a while, I stopped playing badminton completely while he kept up with his training and he kept improving.

    1 year later, when I picked up my badminton racquet again and wanted to play some badminton for fun, I was so shock and upset when I find find that Leo, someone whom I thought to be my friend, was ignoring and disrespecting everytime we see each other on the badminton court when he is now a much better player than I am. Is that the way a childhood friends should treat each other?

    And to make things worse, he kept talking down upon me, and he expects me to lose every single game even when I'm slowly getting back into shape. Oh well, some people aren't meant to be friends afterall.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Re: Re: Things you hate about badminton!

    Originally posted by Winex West Can
    Edwin,
    Best revenge is to train elsewhere and improve so much that you can beat him silly. Then come back to the club and to partner with someone else and hit him with everything you got.
    Unfortunately, that didn't work. Originally, I thought about that too, and I then wasted so much of my parents' money and my effort to train elsewhere. But no matter how hard I train, I couldn't catch up with him. I wasn't about to give up on training, but I was in University at that time. When my marks have dropped as a result of the effort that I've been putting in badminton, I concluded that it's not worth it to give up so much of my time (and waste money) to train just because I want to beat a loser in badminton. I've stopped playing badminton completely once again. It wasn't until 2 years ago when I picked up my racquet and attempted to play for fun. This time, I played with different people, and I was able to put the unhappy memories of my past behind .

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    one thing i hate about badminton is that, sometimes, the more you play, the better you want to get, you just play worse!!

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by patrickshum
    one thing i hate about badminton is that, sometimes, the more you play, the better you want to get, you just play worse!!
    Everyone can have good or bad days. Also, certain mix of old (maybe wrong, or bad habits) and new (good, useful tactic) tricks together, the initial steps are difficult. Since u have to adopt to the new form, well "filtering out" the junks.

    However, in a long run, hard work + good determination of improvement should help us to get to another level.

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Things I hate about badders...

    probably a repeat, but my two penneth....

    1. Fun/Club play partners who huff and blow and curse under their breath and give out unsolicited advice but not from a friendly perspective. Hey, it's a game, no one's losing money on the game. I'll get better given the time, don't embarrass me to the point I don't return, Superman.

    People who smash and give ridiculous returns while WARMING UP... has the competition started already? Prove yourself in the actual match not the warm up, Ego Boy.

    That there aren't any retail outlets in my Dallas area. Thank gawd for the internet.

    T-Shirt and other apparel mark-up in sports stores.

  13. #64
    Regular Member wwcbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    1650'N 30'W
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up This Got To Be The Funniest Thread.......

    I have read so far!! Hands down.
    I have seen & experience almost all the stuff mentioned...and also dished out some of the stuff.
    Isn't badminton great?

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lymm, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,287
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Being in the same team as my ma and pa - and having to play with them in competitive matches, being blamed for losing points when it is their fault that i end up under pressure and running round like a headless chicken to save their mistakes. and then coming home and talking about the matches over and over and over again.... GRRRRRR!!!

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes the UK and it's old style approach stinks big time.

    I know of an open club formed by the city council where the members somehow elected themselvs to a board and passed judgement on all the players and asked a few if they would kindly mind not coming back.

    I took great pride when I closed it down!!

    As a whole every club I have been to has problems with pretentious players whose skill is far beneath their assumed ability and as a coach you can watch and pick apart their game and it still amazes me that if you play and they lose they make up silly excuses like I just re-gripped. Well if you can't play after re-gripping your racket then don't play until you can! I've just got new shoes, well don't wear them to play until you have broken them in properly!

    Simple really I would think.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Montreal (514)
    Posts
    1,229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm, one thing I noticed about most of dudes from badminton clubs: They are snobbish.

    They think they are so good and all that. They dont even bother play with you just because you are not in a club.

    Thats why I prefer to play with old people as they tend to be more friendly. I think That's pretty much all I hate about badminton.

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a pity that nobody else can appreciate the irony of Dill's post on delusions of grandeur; in any case, one of the most irrating aspects of badminton clubs in the UK is the practise of excluding new members - whether from conversations, games or even the club itself - not on the basis of ability (which would be harsh, but understandable) but because they don't immediately fit in to a club, which on account of its exclusivist nature, tends not to be recepetive to new members.

    Those who actively participate in making new members feel isolated and unwelcome tend to be older, well-established members who have long remained at the same level and are unlikely to improve much; they also tend to have quite poor technique, but having learnt a wide range of strokes by rote, win points (and apparently esteem) by a graceless form of consistency. While the immediate feeling for someone who experiences such treatment would probably be to go away, train and come back much better, this is often not practicable, as there are very few clubs just below County standard and they all tend to be much the same in this respect. And so, it is perhaps more wise simply to put up with it, and look upon it as a transitional phase, until one can join better clubs.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    Yes the UK and it's old style approach stinks big time.

    I know of an open club formed by the city council where the members somehow elected themselvs to a board and passed judgement on all the players and asked a few if they would kindly mind not coming back.

    I took great pride when I closed it down!!

    As a whole every club I have been to has problems with pretentious players whose skill is far beneath their assumed ability and as a coach you can watch and pick apart their game and it still amazes me that if you play and they lose they make up silly excuses like I just re-gripped. Well if you can't play after re-gripping your racket then don't play until you can! I've just got new shoes, well don't wear them to play until you have broken them in properly!

    Simple really I would think.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTS : Badminton things for sales
    By Rongjun in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 11-23-2009, 11:24 PM
  2. Unethical things to do in badminton
    By Carbonlist in forum General Forum
    Replies: 27
    : 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM
  3. Things you like about badminton!
    By darkaznboi333 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 28
    : 11-30-2007, 08:21 PM
  4. I hate the Canadian badminton market...
    By tingc222 in forum Market Place
    Replies: 95
    : 03-13-2007, 10:57 PM
  5. Things you like about badminton!
    By shawntn in forum General Forum
    Replies: 12
    : 04-24-2004, 06:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •