I need a racket ASAP Please Help Me Out

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by greataristotle, Mar 5, 2010.

1. greataristotle

greataristotle New Member

I am an intermediate player.
    I've heard medium flex shafts are good for control and power. People say yonex is the best, but i found this good wilson racket. I am not sure if it will last me a while for play at school b/c it's a wilson racket. I am only considering the nano speed 80 b/c it is yonex with medium shaft.

http://www.badmintonalley.com/Yonex...Badminton_Racket_p/racket-yonex-ns80-2010.htm

I also like this one:

http://www.badmintonalley.com/Wilso...ton_Racquet_p/racket-wilson-dynasmash-500.htm

Is the Wilson string durable? it says prestrung with wilson string and i don't want to get it restrung. I think the Wilson racket is better but is it really durable with its Hot Melt, Pre-preg material and "wilson badminton string"?

Thank You

2. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

ahh just go with nanospeed 100
    some low end wilson models break easy

3. greataristotle

yeah, that's what I thought. I trust Yonex more than Wilson. Nanospeed 100 had flexible shaft, and I don't really like the feel of it which is why I want nanospeed 80, medium shaft so it doesn't bend as much and still maintains power and control.

4. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

ns 80 is made out of graphite and alloy metal.
    ns 100 is just full graphite.
    metal makes the racket heavy and decreases power.
    so i would go with ns100
    ns 100 makes a pretty loud pop for me tho :)

5. greataristotle

is the ns 100 good for control? i heard the flexible rackets have good power but bad control. Plus, don't you feel the racket bend when you hit with it?

6. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member

i think you need to refer back to the sticky post about racket flexibility.
    racket flexibility does not determine its control.
    'slow swingers' should get flexible shaft for power,
    'fast swingers' should get stiff shaft for power.
    so when u say flexible rackets have good power but bad cotrol, its definitely wrong.
    if your a slow swinger, then it might give u better power. conversely, if your a fast swinger, go with a stiff shaft.

7. happycar

happycar Regular Member

IT
    would like to know, what is 'fast swingers' ?? how to know whether is fast or slow?

8. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member

why dont u try out rackets from flexible all the way to extra stiff.

9. happycar

happycar Regular Member

IT
    why?
    I suppose we are willing to share our experience to other here. With you reply, it is just my wish.
    ;)

10. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Do you take a long slow wind up swing to generate power, or do you snap your arm/wrist/shoulder to quickly generate power at the last second? The first swing is a slow swing-suitable for flexier rackets. The second swing has much more acceleration, it's a faster swing-more suited to stiffer rackets.

Use me as an example. When I first started playing, I was slow to move around the court, so I developed a very snappy, quick swing that allowed me to hit shots with better control even though I barely got to the birdie. As a result, I cannot play with flexier rackets like the Zelm Trixon 8, it simply bends too much, making it unstable.

11. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

bro greataristotle,
    therea re so many rackets to choose from.it's hard for us t recommoned one that fits yoh playing stytle.da best way is for you to go out there and try out the rackets yohself.

12. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    You say you are of intermediate level, but intermediate doesn't say much. What kinds of shots have you mastered? Clear, drop, drive, smash, attack clear, hard drop, long drop, there are many others, plus backhand varients? What are you capable of doing consistantly? Play doubles or singles? Which needs more help, defense or offense, power or control? Quick or lumbering? And what's your budget? List these things out, and we'll try to recommend what would fit you best.

13. greataristotle

that's fine. My badminton coach told me to go with Nanospeed 80, and i like the feel of the racket with medium flex shaft. Thanks to everyone who replied to this post.

14. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member

do you really think i can tell you what a fast swinger / slow swinger is?
    unless u put upload a clip of you hitting a shuttle cock, theres no way to tell(that may be quite vague as well).
    yes in this forum, we may share our experiences, but ive already gave you an advice, and if your not going to take it, sharing will be of no use.