Broken Handle?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by oOVuOo, Mar 5, 2010.

1. oOVuOo

oOVuOo New Member

Student
    So i was at one of my school games, while rallying before the game i did a clear shot and too my surprise my 1 year n 2 month racquet gave out on me.:eek: I just wanted to know if my racquet can still be saved. :crying:

The handle is disconnected from the shaft said my coach. I just wanna hear other peoples thoughts

http://img684.imageshack.us/g/011von.jpg/ <--- 6 Photos, if still unclear will post for more.

2. CrimsonRain

CrimsonRain Regular Member

Pharmacy Student
    Sorry about your loss :[

Well...if there IS a way to repair that...it would be either time-consuming, expensive, or you'd have a hard time finding someone who would be willing to do so...

I'd suggest replacing it ><

3. oOVuOo

oOVuOo New Member

Student
    thank you for your suggestion, but i dont really have that much money to buy a replacement, that was a $220 racquet that my uncle gave to me on my birthday. I really do not need this racquet anytime soon so time consuming is not a problem to me, if anyone knows if this racquet can be fixed please let me no :confused:

4. CrimsonRain

Pharmacy Student
    Yeah...AT900T is pretty expensive...but it depends on where you look at :]

Many online stores sell most rackets for a lot less, such as sohubuy.com (just suggesting...not really endorsing it haha)

5. oOVuOo

oOVuOo New Member

Student
    hah, it was pretty cheap i give you that but i did a little snooping into that website and checked out the shipping fee. Correct me if im wrong but its shipped from HK? So i checked out their shipping calculator sorta thingy? lol?

turns out, from HK to CA would be 100$ additional 150$ for the racquet would
    ultimately be the same price as if i were to go to a nearby sportschek. :(

im a cheepo cause i got no job, not really planning to spend more than...80$?

6. CrimsonRain

Pharmacy Student
    lmao its not $100 USD for shipping, its $100 HKD, which is roughly $12.88, which is actually, one of the better rates for shipping relative to several other online stores.

7. dude1327

dude1327 Regular Member

hey, according to my local shop where i bought my racket..

if you still have your reciept your dealer should be able to send it back to yonex to see if its fixable under life time waranty... but if yonex for some reason decided to turn you down..... then maybe a finishing nail in the shaft could do???

any ways good luck with it:)

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if you bought it from a yonex dealer u should ask for a warranty replacment.

9. what07

what07 Regular Member

Sportchek is also over priced on there racquets ;)

10. 1984Maximus

1984Maximus New Member

Hello,
    I bought 4 Head metallix 8000 tour. Two in August in Canada and two in England in october. In Dezember the two rackets from Canada broke at the handle at the same day (got money back) and yesterday one of the rackets from England broke! Before I baught Head rackets i had never problems with the handles by my Yonex rackets. it seems to be bad quality of the wood from the head rackets. It´s realy pitty because I like the racket very much! Did you make the same experience? I think it would be a matter of time when the last handle broke too...:-(
    Reagrds Maximus