diving

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Gold-, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Gold-

Gold- Regular Member

-
    when u dive do u land on your stomach or on your knee??? and when diving, is your body suppose to lie flat in the air b4 landing on the ground?
    could any 1 have any suggestion for a effective dive? . how does professional dive properly so they would not get themselves injured?

#1 Gold-, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What type of dive u mean? Singles dive or when playing doubles dive. Your body must be facing upfront before trying to make a dive. When your opponent smash, be prepare to turn to the side which u think he will smash to and try retrieve it. If playings singles, your both leg must jump towards another that side though. right leg should not be in front. This will make your footwork slow.

3. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    I usually dive in head first.

In all seriousness, most of us are playing recreationally, so a point is a point and a game is a game. No point going to the extreme just to retrieve a shuttle to only hurt yourself, permanently if you are not careful.

My thoughts.

Justin.

4. Addict123

Addict123 Regular Member

You should always dive so that the camera catches it *just* right and does not show your face in the "oooooof" moment.

In earnest? Don't dive. Or take martial art training. Or just try it out and do whatever hurts and injures your body the least. Hint: avoid knees, elbows and wrists as they break easily. Relax, don't tighten in the moment of impact (or things will break). Try to roll instead of just stopping dead on the floor.

Hilarious topic. ;)

5. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    I don't know why that reminds me of stop, drop, and roll lol

But in seriousness, when i dive I contact with my hands first but I don't put weight on it. I normally use it to stabilize my landing on my stomach.

6. Addict123

Addict123 Regular Member

For earnest answers, I'd suggest the title "How to fall".

For example, when falling backwards (happens - stumbling etc.), I make sure to make a very round back and really roll back- and sidewards. And try to go down in a controlled way, i.e., not just flop backside, but let the leg muscles keep working during going down etc.

I didn't fall forward during badminton so far, thank god, but I would make totally sure that my hands do not stop the fall - broken hands (wrists) are the usual thing when people fall forward and stop the fall with their hands (i.e., when walking on an icy street).

For sideways falls, the same as backwards - roll yourself into a tight ball and just do the "wheel" thingy on the floor.

And, relax when doing all of that.