User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niemrieng View Post
    @ all : sorry for a bit bothering.however, rackets are not so easy to access here. We dunt have demo rackets to try and Victors are not popular so we can borrow from fellows.

So we buy stuffs (which are a bit expensive - at least to me) based on information that all the nice guys like you provide.

Moreover, Victor's spec are not clear also. some say BS 11 is less heavy than BS10 whereas some say the opposite.

that's why I'm really careful before buying stuffs. And I'm sorry if it leads to your inconveniences . No one ever want to spend money on something that doesnt fit you. And used rackers are not easily sold here. so we'll have to stick with our choice even though we know it's not a good choice.

Great thanks for all your support so far.

NR
    Just for comparison, my 4U BS10 strung and with a thin overgrip has a BP of 288mm.

I remembered my friend's 4U BS11 has around the same BP but it is not as stiff. When I had issue with my wrist, I was using the BS11 as it is easier to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@teoky : thks for ur information. really kind of you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right.. after breaking all my beloved original dark red Yonex Armortec 700s, I was looking for a new racket. For once deciding not to jump into the Yonex boat, due to some doubt related to their price/quality ratio and overall durabiliy, I started a seek-and-explore tour. Besides, taking into account I do NOT like the bright red 'new' AT700s and seeing the original ones are so rare to find these days, it again was a logical step to take.

Jumping from RSL (X2) to ZELM (PowerPlay 10000) to Yonex ArcSaber 10 to a range of Victors, none of them came even remotely close to the good old miraculous feel of my AT700s. NOTE: I am still planning to test the offensive line up of Li-Ning rackets, and the Kason TSF-300 series.

I myself am an offensive and tall (6'4 feet) singles player who loves to rally, has a fast pace on court, position hitter and a heavy smash player (a disturbingly amazing history with the AT700).

This week, I had the chance to test the BS 10, BS 11 and SW36 all at the same moment several times for long sessions.
    Sadly, I have to add my personal take on the head heavy issue concerning the BS 10 and BS 11:
    The BS 10 was conciderably MORE head heavy and felt definitely MORE offensive than the BS 11. After my triple sessions with all 3 rackets, the BS 10 came out most offensive. I just cannot understand how people judge this racket more head heavy and more offensive than the BS 10. I had 10 people try both rackets, and every single one found the BS 10 more offensive and head heavy than the BS 11. So unless Victor has some serious issues with their QC/fabrication process... Who knows how this can be!

The Victor Bravesword 10, utterly amazed me. It felt offensive, stiff enough, reasonably head heavy, not overly fast (not to aerodynamic) and well enough to use in both singles and doubles. I would not dare call it as offensive as the Armortec 700, but it is such an amazing piece of work. It feels like you truly have some mass in your hands, and when wielding it, it does remind me of the mass, whip-effect and power-giving capabilities of the AT700. Defense and manoeuvrability are still great!

The Victor SuperWave 36 just felt in a entire different class. It didn't feel OK! It was hugely apparent this racket simply cannot be compared to the other two. Entirely different classes! Reasonably flimsy and it felt light/breakable compared to the BS 10 and even the BS 11. It no where near reached the powerful and massive feel of the AT700. It was offensive, definitely, but the design surely made it feel lighter (more aero) and so much faster. When hitting with it, there just wasn't enough feeling of mass and power. The wielder has to be someone who likes less mass, reasonable whip and has a great swing speed.

The Victor Bravesword 11. Well, what to say. It is in the same league as the Bravesword 10, but less head heavy, bit faster, and has less the feeling of mass and power, and less whippiness. It's even more of an allround racket, great manoeuvrability than the BS 10 and an even better defense. Read my non-understanding concerning the compared offensiveness/head heaviness with the BS 10 above.

That's all I can think of right now, it's 4:30 in the morning and I'm falling from the couch. If there are questions or remarks, don't mind dropping me a line or posting.

Feng
    Last edited by Fengwei; 05-19-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my BS11 3u (Victor VS 800 @ 24lbs) last weekend. tried it on Monday, dunt really like that racket, I mishit a lots, the rackets is too fast, I guessed.

Tried it for the second time yesterday and now I'm in luv wit it. Racket speed is great. Honestly, it is not so powerful as my Lethal 50 but much more forgiving and easy to use. My shoulder dunt get hurt and I dunt feel tired after 1 hour of training and 2 hours of playing double. And my smash get more angle, I think it's becoz BS11 is head heavier than Lethal 50

Now I become decent on the net where I'd never been comfortable.

I need more time to completely control this racket but I think I'll have gud time with it.

Thanks for advices u all have made so far.

NR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Fengwei you really should try Victor SW35

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    @Fengwei you really should try Victor SW35
    Any luck at having a lengthy go at Spira 21? Cheers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Any luck at having a lengthy go at Spira 21? Cheers.
    Nope, sorry I don't think it is available on the UK website yet, so haven't really had the oportunity to look at purchasing one, I am quite happy with my SW35 at the moment though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niemrieng View Post
    I got my BS11 3u (Victor VS 800 @ 24lbs) last weekend. tried it on Monday, dunt really like that racket, I mishit a lots, the rackets is too fast, I guessed.

Tried it for the second time yesterday and now I'm in luv wit it. Racket speed is great. Honestly, it is not so powerful as my Lethal 50 but much more forgiving and easy to use. My shoulder dunt get hurt and I dunt feel tired after 1 hour of training and 2 hours of playing double. And my smash get more angle, I think it's becoz BS11 is head heavier than Lethal 50

Now I become decent on the net where I'd never been comfortable.

I need more time to completely control this racket but I think I'll have gud time with it.

Thanks for advices u all have made so far.

NR
    Hello, glad that you had finally tried out the racket yourself and importantly you liked it.

I believed now your knowledge in choosing the racket that suits you has improved. It goes the same to other equipments as well.

Besides, what are more enjoyable than trying new baddy stuff ourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS 11 is one of the best value for money racket in the market, after a few sessions playing with it I like it so much. It is an all round racket, super fast and easy to defend and control. It can also produce powerful smashes once you know how to generate power from it, the clear high-pitched sound is simply awesome. I switched from Yonex Ti10 gen 2 and are happy with it, this racket is easier to use and not as stiff compare to Ti10. Good job Victor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, of course it's fun to try out rackets by myself... but it costs :P

anyway, I luv my bs11... thinking of getting one more ^.^

NR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During my recent trip to China, got to know one dealer can offer very good price for Victor and LiNing rackets, real one, not fake. Price is much lower than the market. PM me for a good deal. No shipping fee for those in Singapore, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tank2008 View Post
    During my recent trip to China, got to know one dealer can offer very good price for Victor and LiNing rackets, real one, not fake. Price is much lower than the market. PM me for a good deal. No shipping fee for those in Singapore, of course.
    Got a lot friends want to get a good offer from me. A few guys worry they are fake ones like me worried before. I already confirmed with the dealer that if they are fake ones, can return back the rackets, of course money back to you. The verification can be done by checking the serial number online or with LiNing/Victor office. Before shipping the rackets, s/n (not for LiNing, as it is sealed) can be sent to you first for your online verification. Those numbers are scanned in system by their staff.

If possible, pls send email to me as my forum inbox is full everyday due to inquiry/order on Victor/LiNing rackets or LiNing shoes/attires.
    Email & MSN: qixuri@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I just read all 10 pages of this forum and my conclusion of this forum is the BS10 is obviously the better racket and is more head heavy due to the stiffness and that the BS 11 is adore by their owners nonetheless. BS10 is more offensive while the BS11 is more all around player, am I right? to conclude this whole debate that is what I got out of it.
    I am on the verge of getting the BS11 because I play both singles and doubles would you guys agree with me? I personally like the look of BS11 better too due to the white and red ^^ So what Im saying is is the BS10 more like ARC10 and the BS11 is like Ti-10? Can anyone confirm my conclusion or adjust it?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rawwww View Post
    Ok so I just read all 10 pages of this forum and my conclusion of this forum is the BS10 is obviously the better racket and is more head heavy due to the stiffness and that the BS 11 is adore by their owners nonetheless. BS10 is more offensive while the BS11 is more all around player, am I right? to conclude this whole debate that is what I got out of it.
    I am on the verge of getting the BS11 because I play both singles and doubles would you guys agree with me? I personally like the look of BS11 better too due to the white and red ^^ So what Im saying is is the BS10 more like ARC10 and the BS11 is like Ti-10? Can anyone confirm my conclusion or adjust it?
    They're nothing like the Arc10, either of them. The BS11 has a slight head heaviness which makes them a tad like the Armortecs, but a lot more maneuverable IMHO. The 11 is also lighter overall which also helps with it's maneuverability. Although the 11 is rated as 'stiff', I don't think it's particularly stiff at all really - in fact, I'd say the slight shaft whippiness adds to it's forgiveness and repulsion. It's not a flexy racket though - it still retains good stability.

Haven't tried a Ti-10 so I can't comment there.

Did that help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah alot of people say that even though its rated as a stiff racket it is not as stiff when they played with it? wierd.. Maklike you obviously have tried it? which yonex racket that you would know of is closest to it? excluding the ti-10 since you have not tried it

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried all of the top tier Yonexs and to be honest, it's not like any of them. It's sort of if there was a range in between the ArcSabers and Armortecs, that's where it would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaft stiffness is a very subjective matter. From personal experience, Yonex, Victor and Gosen seems to be "user friendly" rackets even though shaft stiffness rated as stiff/extra stiff is because the high quality materials used (H.M graphite, high grade carbon,titanium etc.) and also the technologies implied in making the rackets that resulted in a stiff but repulsive shaft. The same cannot be applied to some other racket makers in the market.

On BS11 with its aerodynamic frame design and balance point at 292mm, is considered a moderate head heavy racket. With this kind of spec generally its more suitable for doubles play which consist of plenty of drives, fast pushes and attacking nature kind of shots. For me this racket is one of the best out there that fulfills those requirements. Some may argue that its not suitable for singles game but when come to think of it, it depends on one's ability to control and make full use of the potential of the racket ultimately and not depend solely of the nature of the racket itself. I would rate the Armotecs 700 and 900 as a racket solely designed for singles but hey, when it fell into the hands of players in the caliber of Chandra Wijaya and Tony Gunawan which has fantastic wrist power..... amazing results!

With that said, a player's technique and strength are more important than anything else and also with a simple tweak on the racket set-ups (types of grip & string used) and at the correct tension, BS11 simply is an overall performance racket suitable for both singles and doubles.
    Last edited by Aspire; 08-04-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast