Bravesword 10 and 11

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Babyface, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Was searching through the forum and although there is a thread on the bravesword 11, i was looking a review for the 10 vs the 11.
    Singles orientated

THanks in advance

2. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
  3. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Getting tired of the N90 already ;)

4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I have both N90 and BS10 and I feel N90's power is better.

BS10 is faster than the N90 though, since my BS10 is 4U version.

5. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    thanks teoky: is there any chance you could do a brief review for me as a singles racket please.

6. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Has anyone had the privelege of using both of these braveswords and give me feedback on whether either rackets are any resemblance to the yonex range eg arc 10?

7. druss

druss Regular Member

Ok... so the N90 I'm assuming was a 3U? Doesn't that mean that the BS10 would also have more power if it was a 3U?

IMO comparing a 3U and 4U doesn't make much sense...

8. Boaster

Boaster Regular Member

I happen to have both and been playing with them for a little while now. I've never played a game with the Arc 10 but I have swung it around for a little from a friend.

I would definitely say the BS11 is closer, still not the same but closer than the BS10. The BS10 is def STIFF and to me, slightly heavier than the BS11. Sorry but I only play doubles so I can't really relate to a singles' playing style.

My previous Yonex rackets were the NS8000 and NS9000-S, to me the BS11 is just as fast as both while the BS10 is slightly slower only during transition due to the head being heavier. However, as many have said, the swing is FAST.

Just to state, both my braveswords are 3U, I've only held the 4U versions unstrung and I would NOT suggest a 4U BS11, maybe the BS10 if you really prefer light light super fast rackets but it will LACK power IMO due the shaft thickness of the head will compromise some stability I think.

Just my 0.02cents.

9. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    searching around google and this forum, there seems to be not many users of the 10.

10. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

i use a 4u bs10 and a 3U. probably the best looking racket out there. you have to see it in person as pictures don't do it justice.

anyways, the bs10 4u is pretty quick and maneuverable compared to the 3U version. i mostly play doubles and i can tell you that the 4u bs10 is a little tough for doubles defense. the trade off is you get quite a bit of power.

for singles, the racket is precise and gives good feel. not a lot of vibration and the stiffness gives more accuracy.

it's fairly head heavy which makes the racket pretty stable.

11. druss

druss Regular Member

Isn't the 4U lighter than the 3U therefore making it better for doubles defense? or did you mean to say 3U?

12. Boaster

Boaster Regular Member

I've been using both the BS11 and BS10 3U for a little while now. To me the BS11 is more similar to the Arc 10, but thats not saying they are very similar rackets. The BS10 is def STIFF while the BS11 is not as stiff, its not a flexy racket in my books.

I would def not recommend a 4U BS11 as it is light enough (for me) but because the aero frame it really allows the swing to be FAST. My past Yonex rackets were NS8000 and NS9000-S, to me the BS11 is easier as fast as those even though it is head heavy. I have only handled 4U BS10 and BS11 unstrung but I can't imagine the stability to be the same being that light, especially with the BS11.

The main differences I see between the BS11 and BS10 is the transition time where the BS10 suffers a bit due to the stiff shaft combined with the head heaviness and being slightly heavier overall than the BS11.

Sorry I only play doubles so I can't really comment on a singles' playing style but I would imagine either is fine depending on your playing style.

just my 0.02 cents.

s6edge likes this.
  13. Boaster

Boaster Regular Member

I've been using both the BS11 and BS10 3U for a little while now. To me the BS11 is more similar to the Arc 10, but thats not saying they are very similar rackets. The BS10 is def STIFF while the BS11 is not as stiff, its not a flexy racket in my books.

I would def not recommend a 4U BS11 as it is light enough (for me) but because the aero frame it really allows the swing to be FAST. My past Yonex rackets were NS8000 and NS9000-S, to me the BS11 is easier as fast as those even though it is head heavy. I have only handled 4U BS10 and BS11 unstrung but I can't imagine the stability to be the same being that light, especially with the BS11.

The main differences I see between the BS11 and BS10 is the transition time where the BS10 suffers a bit due to the stiff shaft combined with the head heaviness and being slightly heavier overall than the BS11.

Sorry I only play doubles so I can't really comment on a singles' playing style but I would imagine either is fine depending on your playing style.

just my 0.02 cents.

14. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    thanks boaster.
    the review you wrote is very informative.
    So as i gather, you have 3us whilst you have only swung the 4us?
    The 10 and 11 difference only being the stiffness? any reference to how stiff the 10 is in comparison with another racket

thanks

15. Boaster

Boaster Regular Member

I would say at least as stiff as NS9900 but since the NS9900 is headlight it has better transitions while the BS10 will suffer a little bit in this category.

I find the BS10 to "feel" heavier than the BS11 even though both are 3U, if you are an all out smasher, the BS10 will be better if you have enough power, if not, I find the BS11 to have excellent control, netting is easy as is defense too.

16. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    thanks for the swift supply.
    i personally play singles and really want to make the right choice as im sick of buying rackets.
    i really loved the shaft stiffness of the arc 10....
    cheers

17. Boaster

Boaster Regular Member

Might come down to playing style, the Arc 10 is similar stiffness to BS11 but the BS11 will def swing "faster". The BS10 is stiffer than the Arc IMO.

18. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    you are a star ;)
    Is there any more direct comparison you can give in comparison with the arc 10?

19. Boaster

Boaster Regular Member

Sorry, didn't really play much with the Arc 10, was just "testing" it from a friend hehe. Again, I only recommend the BS10 3U if you like to hit hard, sure it has all the accuracy etc, but since it is very stiff, some may not be able to fully load the shaft (not knowing your game hehe)

20. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    thanks mate. you have helped me so much.
    to summarise.
    the difference between the 10 and 11 bravesword is the shaft stiffness.
    last question though, arc 10 and bravesword11, what difference is shaft?