At-900P 3UG5 (Clicking sound when swung)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BrioCloud, Mar 8, 2010.

1. BrioCloud

BrioCloud Regular Member

UC Davis Student
    My At-900 3UG5 makes this clicking sound when swung. I notice when I was swinging it in the air today in my dorm. I don't know if it makes a clicking sound when I play because it's hard to notice. I feel like it's coming from the cone. This makes my whole racket feel brittle. Anyone have any experience with this? There was a paint chip on the edge of the cone next to the shaft. It was a small very small crack, but I ripped the paint off and there seems to be still a cracking sound. It doesn't look like it's a full crack on the cone though. It still produces the sound.

I have read through other threads and the closest that it has come was that somebody brought it to a store to fix it. But the stores I know does not offer any fixing of that sort.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

That, unfortunately, sounds like the shaft is loosening from the cone and wooden handle. It can still play but I wouldn't trust hard powerful shots with it. If still under warranty, bring it to your store for Yonex to repair.

3. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

very common problem for YY rackets. the two AT i have, 500 and 900T, have this same problem for over 1 year now. still working nicely.

still, due to this problem, i switched to other brands now, and use them as my back-ups.

4. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

PS: back to the solution part.

please contact YY, and they will tell you what to do the next. even though mine were OUT of warranty, they told me to send them back to the vendor I bought them from, and they would fix them for me. I didn't do it, since the vendor will charge me like $40 each for shipping and handling.

at the end, I saved the money and spend a bit more on another brand.

5. BrioCloud

BrioCloud Regular Member

UC Davis Student
    Dunmaster I bought my racket from a Hong Kong store. I don't think I can send it to the vendor. Do you know if Yonex would fix it for me?

6. SmashThat

SmashThat Regular Member

the best solution would be contacting YY..and i believe it's from the cone also

7. BrioCloud

BrioCloud Regular Member

UC Davis Student
    I see. Well then, I'll contact Yonex. But would they really accept it back to fix it? Hopefully they give me a replacement. But this is really unacceptable...

8. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

This situation has started to happen to me with my Z-Slash TH but I bought my racket from Singapore however I live in England

9. evilliv3

evilliv3 Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi all,

I had the same problem with my AT900T. Like what most people had mentioned, it was the problem with the loosened cone. U can fix this by applying super glue to the inside of the cone and stick it back. It worked for mine and hope it will work for yours too.