Being too weak

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by YouJean, Mar 9, 2010.

1. YouJean

YouJean New Member

Student
    Hi I've been playing badminton for 3 years, and I'm an intermediate player. I'm able to do every shot decently, and I play everything; mxd, ms, and md. The problem is, when i play mxd and md, I am too weak to finish off, or recover so they like to pick on me the most.

What are some training techniques or exercises I can do to increase my strength ?

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Finishing isnt about power but it does help. Placeness and angle r more important. If you work on your accuracy like getting shuttle feeded to you and have cones on other side where you have to hit them to.

With regards to recovery, suds like your footwork needs work. If you are hitting shuttle late such as hitting it behind your head, recovery is difficult and takes bit longer so these shots need to be hit well but if you can be faster to hit the shuttle preferably infront of you and recovery will be lot easier.

This is also where shot power and placement help. If the power is good and the placement is spot on it will give you bit more time as well

Its funny how you dont have problem with singles esp when you have probs wit recovery. Singles you are more likely pushed out of position and recovery is very important but you have more time cause there is only 1 person on court, so maybe the problem mite not be recovery just as much, but possibly shot selection or the quality of the shot for mixed or doubles. It is faster game and a mistake will likely be punished

3. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    Yeah that sounds about right, but I've been playing and I have nothing near a killer smash but I find I don't need it. As long as I place the bird in the right spot I can force a lot of errors.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    hit the shuttle steeper

5. stansilas4

stansilas4 New Member

good points mentioned by ginger...