User Tag List

View Poll Results: i am.....

Voters
1770. You may not vote on this poll
  • RIGHT handed

1,459 82.43%
  • LEFT handed

311 17.57%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbella122
    I'm pretty sure you could ... but it might take a long time to adjust (?)

I was left handed when I was born and then my parents started to correct me when I was 2, and forced me to be right handed ( because most of the stuff back then were designated for the right handers... ie baseball gloves, etc. ) So now I'm right handed and I guess using left hand now, is awkrawd for me.

... check out this website for info about ambidexterity
    http://www.mind-course.com/ambi.html
    Really? Did it affect you in any way? I'm left-handed but I've taught myself to be be able to do many things with both hands - right now, I think there are only two things I do solely with the left hand, writing and badminton. I usually use the right with other things now, even when throwing a pitch in baseball or shooting a basket -- however, I tried the right voluntarily. I don't know how I would have handled the change if I was forced into it. Personally, I think lefties have many advantages -- aside from the fact that we do die 10 years earlier on average than right-handers. hehehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dandirom
    Really? Did it affect you in any way? I'm left-handed but I've taught myself to be be able to do many things with both hands - right now, I think there are only two things I do solely with the left hand, writing and badminton. I usually use the right with other things now, even when throwing a pitch in baseball or shooting a basket -- however, I tried the right voluntarily. I don't know how I would have handled the change if I was forced into it. Personally, I think lefties have many advantages -- aside from the fact that we do die 10 years earlier on average than right-handers. hehehe
    Well, right now, if I was to play badminton or even write with my left hand, it gets really awkward. In my whole life (15 years) , I've been using my right hand (besides when I was a baby) so I'm really use to it, it's like it's natural for me to use my right hand.

Hmmm... i guess it's easy to change things when you're young. Now a days, whenever I try to write with my left hand, the words comes out really messy. And it's really hard for me to develop a dominant left hand now that I'm older

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend is dominantly right-handed (ie writing) but he uses his left when playing badminton. same goes for my other friend who is dominantly left-handed but he plays hits, shoots and throws with his right.

im a righty btw =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbella122
    Well, right now, if I was to play badminton or even write with my left hand, it gets really awkward. In my whole life (15 years) , I've been using my right hand (besides when I was a baby) so I'm really use to it, it's like it's natural for me to use my right hand.

Hmmm... i guess it's easy to change things when you're young. Now a days, whenever I try to write with my left hand, the words comes out really messy. And it's really hard for me to develop a dominant left hand now that I'm older
    I didn't know BC also has young shuttlers. Good to know we've already got another generation of BCers -- now that makes me sound old... Anyway, you would make a good study for scientists -- most studies show that lefties are better with anything involving skill, something to do with our control over the right and left brain hence the ease lefties have with being ambidextrous. But I haven't seen any studies about what would happen with the control over the right and left side of the brain if a lefty is forced to completely change to the right hand while still a toddler until he or she 'forgets' how to be lefty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go lefty! sometimes this is a advantage to opponents that dont think about what hand i use, so they tend to hit it towards my forehand thinking by instinct that its my backhand(thinking im right handed) and then bam they figure it out eventually sometimes, the hit it to my backhand, and surprise!, i just did a backhand smash, haha didnt know what hit him, i have a good backhand, so either way, the guy lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wonder if is againts any rules to use 2 racquets if one can play with both hands?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right handed players rules anfd rocks!!!!!

my cousin practicing that two handed playing but his left is not accurate but effective

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Left-Handed Advantage

As many lefties might point out, being left-handed can also offer intellectual prowess. Tests conducted by Alan Searleman from St Lawrence University in New York found there were more left-handed people with IQs over 140 than right-handed people. Famous left-handed thinkers in history from Albert Einstein to Isaac Newton to Benjamin Franklin seem to underline the point.

As Hopkins says, it may be that left-handed people occupy the extremes when it comes to health and ability.

"The anomaly is left-handed people make up the extremely gifted and the extremely compromised," said Hopkins. "The rest of us make up the middle ground."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been toying with the idea for quite a while now.. to train up my left hand. Just for the fun of it. Hehe.

Ooh I really dislike playing with lefties. I always attack their forehand side! To make matters worse, only before I target the shuttle to the leftie's forehand side do I realise what I'm doing.. and then my mind immediately wants to change and the shuttle flies off elsewhere/halfcourt/ends up in the net. Lol.

I generally use my right-hand for nearly everything.. except when steering my bicycle one-handed. Since young I've found it much easier to maintain balance if I use my left hand to steer. Why is that I wonder?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a righthander.Haha .. indeed when playing with lefties are troublesome.
    It's like they are naturally on the offensive side when playing with righthanders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I be a smart arse and say that even though I am right handed it isnt unknown for me to play left handed (in none competition games).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you make too much of it. Left handers seems to get more attention because they make up a small percentage of the general population. Percentage of the gifted among left handers are higher due to the smaller number of lefthanders, thus more noticeable comparing to gifted right handers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandirom
    The Left-Handed Advantage

As many lefties might point out, being left-handed can also offer intellectual prowess. Tests conducted by Alan Searleman from St Lawrence University in New York found there were more left-handed people with IQs over 140 than right-handed people. Famous left-handed thinkers in history from Albert Einstein to Isaac Newton to Benjamin Franklin seem to underline the point.

As Hopkins says, it may be that left-handed people occupy the extremes when it comes to health and ability.

"The anomaly is left-handed people make up the extremely gifted and the extremely compromised," said Hopkins. "The rest of us make up the middle ground."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang.... im right handed....

now its 81.5 to 18.5 percent Right to left

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was born left-handed but taught right-handed by chinese culture.

I think it both sides have their advantages.

Right-handed: Most objects are made for right-handed people. When I was buying my first guitar, there was much more choice for right-handers than vs left.

Left-handed: I guess feeling special?

There are some really scientific studies but im no expert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, awesome thing about badminton is that there are no righty rackets!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! I'm one of the only lefty badminton players 0_o

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually thought that the ratio of lefties would be lower (10-15%), but apparently not for badminton. Awesome. I've tried training lefty before, it's kinda hard for overhead shots and forehands but backhands have been real easy. A coach of mine once said that backhand is naturally easier to learn and more powerful, it's just the timing that's harder. It's true, I think. Can anyone else cofirm or deny this with their own personal experience?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast