User Tag List

View Poll Results: i am.....

Voters
1770. You may not vote on this poll
  • RIGHT handed

1,459 82.43%
  • LEFT handed

311 17.57%
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    saddly, i was told that lefties have a shorter life.

ohoho... dun worry.... ^^ u one of the lefties ??!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    saddly, i was told that lefties have a shorter life.
    This is because righties are in the majority and they make everything, from doors, clocks to hands used for eating (for Indians who eat with only their right hand) for righties. If these were made for lefties, then the reverse, righties die younger than lefties, will occur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akiE~*
    ohoho... dun worry.... ^^ u one of the lefties ??!
    yes i m. but i don't really care coz i m proud tobe a lefty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a lefty once ... *sigh* when I was around 3 or so ... then my parents forced me to use right hand because of the reason you stated ; convenience

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    This is because righties are in the majority and they make everything, from doors, clocks to hands used for eating (for Indians who eat with only their right hand) for righties. If these were made for lefties, then the reverse, righties die younger than lefties, will occur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am proud to say that I am a left-handed player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea why, but I started playing badminton since young with left hand, but I write with my right hand, cook with my right hand , but sew with my left hand.No idea, really.Perhaps it's like letting my other hand rest?hmm.My parents and siblings had not noticed this until I recently played with them. How observant they were..well, I played more with my friends, that's why

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jwcalvin
    I have no idea why, but I started playing badminton since young with left hand, but I write with my right hand, cook with my right hand , but sew with my left hand.No idea, really.Perhaps it's like letting my other hand rest?hmm.My parents and siblings had not noticed this until I recently played with them. How observant they were..well, I played more with my friends, that's why
    My dad plays sports with left hand but I think he does everything else right handed ... hmmm weird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do EVERYTHING with my right hand.. i can barely serve and hit the birdie with my left hand.

-----------------

I volunteered at SOS Children's Villages Canada. You can help by
    sponsoring a child today !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe i should switch to left hand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm with ya on this

Quote Originally Posted by jwcalvin
    Hey you're not the only one lol.

Badminton = left
    writing = right
    drawing = left
    basketball=right
    pingpong/tennis = left (all racket sports now that i think about it)
    baseball/throwing = right
    catching = left or right

I was born a complete lefty. Infact only my left arm would move around the first 3 months of my infancy. However, teachers in China tried correcting me to write with the 'right' (correct) hand; besides, back then when tried to write characters in a fountain pen with my left hand, the point would always poke holes through the paper lol! But i guess they never completely succeeded in correcting me, so now i end up using both hands for different things. I find me writing with the right hand and drawing with the left hand the most interesting...lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LolAlan
    Hey you're not the only one lol.

Badminton = left
    writing = right
    drawing = left
    basketball=right
    pingpong/tennis = left (all racket sports now that i think about it)
    baseball/throwing = right
    catching = left or right

I was born a complete lefty. Infact only my left arm would move around the first 3 months of my infancy. However, teachers in China tried correcting me to write with the 'right' (correct) hand; besides, back then when tried to write characters in a fountain pen with my left hand, the point would always poke holes through the paper lol! But i guess they never completely succeeded in correcting me, so now i end up using both hands for different things. I find me writing with the right hand and drawing with the left hand the most interesting...lol...
    im a left too... but im thinking i should be a right.. sometimes i use my right... it's so weird... cause i thouht i was left handed... i remember back when i was in hk... teachers would not teach me to write with the brush because only right handed people can use it to make the correct strokes... made me look so stupid ... i had to sit there and watch =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are more right handed ppl in the globe, so i guess righthands most likely going to have the most votes. But I heard that left handed player tend to pick up badminton easier. Is that true?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been said that lefties have faster reaction.

I am not sure about the above claim, but I know from being a lefty myself, I have 'crazier' shots than righties. For example, if I play feather and I perform a forehand cutdrop. The shuttle will start out with incredible speed yet decelerate quickly to drop right over the net. That, i think, its a trade mark of left-handed players because the spin induced on the shuttle is different. Lefty's spin decelerate the shuttle faster because of the constant feather arrangement: left over right. Not to mention, people can react to my shot's timing well because there still aren't that many lefties in badminton compared to righties. For that reason, lefties are also more naturally deceptive. But thats all aside from the fact that everytime someone tries to hit to my 'backhand' they endup hitting to my forehand because people are so used to playing right handed players haha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a lefty ..And I am proud to be one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quik_silver
    I am a lefty ..And I am proud to be one
    Lefties always mesmerise me , in Badminton and writing. I find it true that their reflex action is quite quick compared to righties . By the way I am a right handed person I do almost everything right hand . However I always find it hard to partner a lefty especially when we are trying to reach for the shuttlecock when its in our forehand (Sometimes we clashed our rackets ). But the good thing having a lefty partner is when the shot is to our backhand, the partner can take it for us as its their forehand .
    Last edited by saham; 07-30-2005 at 09:25 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone mentioned to me before that Malaysia usually try to pair up left-right combo doubles teams cuz it's harder to play against them and usually either side of the court you hit to them is to their forehand.

Quote Originally Posted by saham
    Lefties always mesmerise me , in Badminton and writing. I find it true that their reflex action is quite quick compared to righties . By the way I am a right handed person I do almost everything right hand . However I always find it hard to partner a lefty especially when we are trying to reach for the shuttlecock when its in our forehand (Sometimes we clashed our rackets ). But the good thing having a lefty partner is when the shot is to our backhand, the partner can take it for us as its their forehand .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Left Handers vs Right Handers

How come most of my 'Right' handed players say they have problems playing with 'Left' handed players?

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast