User Tag List

View Poll Results: i am.....

Voters
1770. You may not vote on this poll
  • RIGHT handed

1,459 82.43%
  • LEFT handed

311 17.57%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tecca
    im left handed but i can use my right hand alright, i use it when playing agianst beginners or just to fool around with friends
    i'm not sure if this is true but i've heard people talking about it and i have also witnessed it in other sports i play, especially cricket.

people say that a left-handers right hand is stronger than a right-handers left hand. when i am playing cricket i find that lefties can throw much further with there right arm than i can with my left (i'm right handed). does anyone know if this is true? my guess is that they have built up strength in their non-hand by having to use everyday objects which are designed for right-handers, e.g. scizzors.

also when you watch lefties playing badminton they tend to normally have a good backhand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

i'm not sure if this is true but i've heard people talking about it and i have also witnessed it in other sports i play, especially cricket.

people say that a left-handers right hand is stronger than a right-handers left hand. when i am playing cricket i find that lefties can throw much further with there right arm than i can with my left (i'm right handed). does anyone know if this is true? my guess is that they have built up strength in their non-hand by having to use everyday objects which are designed for right-handers, e.g. scizzors.

also when you watch lefties playing badminton they tend to normally have a good backhand.
    Hey that's quite true i guess...not many objects in this world are designed for left-handers like you said there lindanfan....so it would be much more convenient for a lefty to use their right hands for day-to-day stuff yeah?

Good point..good point... hmmm...maybe i should begin to worry about left-handers' backhands..... They could also be partly ambidextrous naturally... even without knowing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan

it's really true. being a lefty, i use my right hand for pitching and my pitch goes farther than most. being left-handed means we control the right side of our brain - as opposed to right handers who control the left side. lefties have marked advantages in many skills but we do have one disadvantages, all lefties on average die early. no joke. it's also true about the backhand - my backhand is very strong that i sometimes find it easier to do a backhand smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dandirom
    it's really true. being a lefty, i use my right hand for pitching and my pitch goes farther than most. being left-handed means we control the right side of our brain - as opposed to right handers who control the left side. lefties have marked advantages in many skills but we do have one disadvantages, all lefties on average die early. no joke. it's also true about the backhand - my backhand is very strong that i sometimes find it easier to do a backhand smash.
    a backhand smash as easy as a forehand now thats something i would like to be able to do! are you being serious that you die earlier? i've never heard that before, how much earlier is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a backhand smash as easy as a forehand now thats something i would like to be able to do! are you being serious that you die earlier? i've never heard that before, how much earlier is it?
    on average, about 10 years earlier than other people - i guess every advantage has a downside. hahaha We lefties are supposed to be better in combat tho - they think we have a killer instinct or something. hahaha prob'ly coz billy the kid, the boston strangler, jack the ripper, john dillinger, etc. were lefties. we do have lefties of more acceptable character, einstein, michelangelo, da vinci...hahaha

i think the backhand smash thing is because we're supposed to have more control of our motor skills. mayb we find it less awkward than some or are more balanced. hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the backhand smash thing is because we're supposed to have more control of our motor skills. mayb we find it less awkward than some or are more balanced. hehehe
    that should mean that all the good formula 1 drivers are lefties . it sucks about the ten years shorter life thing though. i never new that all those criminals were lefties... suppose they give you a bad name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that should mean that all the good formula 1 drivers are lefties . it sucks about the ten years shorter life thing though. i never new that all those criminals were lefties... suppose they give you a bad name.
    hehehe works for me tho - people hu knw that fact don't mess around with you when they find out you're a lefty...you never know how we might react... hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I'm a lefty too and I do everything with my left hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baderz_Jas
    Hi I'm a lefty too and I do everything with my left hand.
    hey, a fellow lefty. hehe experience any disadvantages in badminton from being a lefty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, a fellow lefty. hehe experience any disadvantages in badminton from being a lefty?
    Not now but when I first started to play the coach has to stand face to face with me to demostrate a shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahah I'm a lefty and I have had some disadvantages... unless I specifically tell someone I'm lefthanded, middle shots (when we're both positioned so that our backhands are in the middle) go unanswered. But I don't think it really matters.
    All those trick shots and whatnot that lefties can do is just because the majority of players are righties and don't expect those shots since they themselves don't practice them. But lefties themselves can expect 'trick shots' from right-handed players since they probably practice with them. I notice this a lot with LD and BCL. But I'm not very good so I can't trick anybody .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asphyxiate
    Hahah I'm a lefty and I have had some disadvantages... unless I specifically tell someone I'm lefthanded, middle shots (when we're both positioned so that our backhands are in the middle) go unanswered. But I don't think it really matters.
    All those trick shots and whatnot that lefties can do is just because the majority of players are righties and don't expect those shots since they themselves don't practice them. But lefties themselves can expect 'trick shots' from right-handed players since they probably practice with them. I notice this a lot with LD and BCL. But I'm not very good so I can't trick anybody .
    if you play doubles and your partner is a lefty you can turn that into an advantage. if you can anticipate shots it'll turn out that both of your returns are forehands - it takes some practice but it takes opponents by surprise. Just imagine driving a shuttle to the far side so you expect a weak backhand return or a drop then the lefty just steps in and slams a forehand down your court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe I wish, everyone I play with is a righty! In my family and at the places I play including school!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asphyxiate
    Hehe I wish, everyone I play with is a righty! In my family and at the places I play including school!
    oops! sorry, i meant if your a lefty, and your partner is a righty then it could become an advantage. hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not now but when I first started to play the coach has to stand face to face with me to demostrate a shot
    lol. mirror image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha, I haven't taken many lessons, only sporadically and at different places, and each time the coach gets all jokingly upset that I'm a lefty .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you play doubles and your partner is a lefty you can turn that into an advantage. if you can anticipate shots it'll turn out that both of your returns are forehands - it takes some practice but it takes opponents by surprise. Just imagine driving a shuttle to the far side so you expect a weak backhand return or a drop then the lefty just steps in and slams a forehand down your court.
    surely this could also be an disadvantage aswell because you may both be stuck on backhands or you hesitate because its both ofyour forehands (obviously it applies less if you know your partner very well)

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast