User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Will Lee Chong Wei take a new Victor racket?

The Malaysia National Badminton Team is sponsored by Victor after March this year. It means that LCW will change taking Yonex's racket to Victor's. Does someone know which racket is?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pupubear View Post
    The Malaysia National Badminton Team is sponsored by Victor after March this year. It means that LCW will change taking Yonex's racket to Victor's. Does someone know which racket is?
    Lcw has a special contract with yonex, I don't think he will be changing.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will have to wear Victor kit for team competitions, but he will most likely use his Yonex rackets without a string logo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    Lcw has a special contract with yonex, I don't think he will be changing.
    That special contract would have been formulated when yonex was also sponsoring Malaysia. So any conflict must be there now . what is the major takeaways of the contract.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    He will have to wear Victor kit for team competitions, but he will most likely use his Yonex rackets without a string logo.
    May be a signature logo for LCW too . or the the LD logo encompassing him also .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor doesn't list LCW as its contracted player and has no advertisement about him. I guess he won't have any change on his gears, even clothes.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pupubear View Post
    Victor doesn't list LCW as its contracted player and has no advertisement about him. I guess he won't have any change on his gears, even clothes.
    He more than likely has to wear victor jerseys because or BAM's contract with Victor. Maybe even shoes. But I highly doubt he will change racket at all. Nothing from victor comes that close to the ZF II.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1k0 View Post
    He more than likely has to wear victor jerseys because or BAM's contract with Victor. Maybe even shoes. But I highly doubt he will change racket at all. Nothing from victor comes that close to the ZF II.
    If it is not in the contract then why will he change the racket irrespective of whether Victor has it or not . On the other hand if BAM players need to use victor racket then LcW will have to use a victor racket even if that is crap , if he wants to be with BAM . As simple as that.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sh_shashi1 View Post
    If it is not in the contract then why will he change the racket irrespective of whether Victor has it or not . On the other hand if BAM players need to use victor racket then LcW will have to use a victor racket even if that is crap , if he wants to be with BAM . As simple as that.
    Then they'll have the same problems hashing it out between each other like LN and YY for LD. Either way I doubt he'll use a victor racket given his contract with YY that predates Victor sponsoring BAM and such a equipment change could throw off his game. If not we'll see another potential problem that DBA has jyst because of butter cookies.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1k0 View Post
    Then they'll have the same problems hashing it out between each other like LN and YY for LD. Either way I doubt he'll use a victor racket given his contract with YY that predates Victor sponsoring BAM and such a equipment change could throw off his game. If not we'll see another potential problem that DBA has jyst because of butter cookies.
    But this time it will be because of something related to badminton . Not butter cookies lol . I wish he uses a victor so that we can see what he likes in victor . If only a match or so.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sh_shashi1 View Post
    But this time it will be because of something related to badminton . Not butter cookies lol . I wish he uses a victor so that we can see what he likes in victor . If only a match or so.
    Very true but the conflict in essence is the same. Sponsorship problems. But to chance giving up his matches after coming back from a ban...Doesn't seem like his style to risk it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will continue using Yonex rackets and clothing (for individual competitions).