User Tag List

View Poll Results: i am.....

Voters
1770. You may not vote on this poll
  • RIGHT handed

1,459 82.43%
  • LEFT handed

311 17.57%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raptorman
    30 years ago here in Belgium school forced you to use your right hand. Often that even went together with corporal punishments if you refused to stop using your left hand.
    wow ... that's really harsh ... wonder what's the reason for Belgium promoting right handers ... hmm ... anyone know ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a right hander. Should outlaw those left handers :P They always ruin my coaching sessions by having to be different hehe. But seriously my favourite doubles partner was a lefty we made a good combo together. Very hard to play against a team like that.

My first coach was comfortable playing with either hand. Was fun when u tried to attack his backhand and see him change hands mid rally so he was always on his forehand damn cheater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question hmm... right or left

Hello fellow string abusers!

I play with my right... eventhough I'm left handed. When I started to play badminton in the backyard I used to switch from left to right and vice versa to cover both sides
    After having joined a club I saw everyone else playing with their right so I picked up the racket with my right too. Kinda weird is it not? hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin (SWE)
    Hello fellow string abusers!

I play with my right... eventhough I'm left handed. When I started to play badminton in the backyard I used to switch from left to right and vice versa to cover both sides
    After having joined a club I saw everyone else playing with their right so I picked up the racket with my right too. Kinda weird is it not? hehe
    Yeah ... but are you more comfortable < is it more easier > playing with right hand ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbella122
    Yeah ... but are you more comfortable < is it more easier > playing with right hand ?
    Yes I am and if me and my mates were to play with the 'wrong' hand then I beat them every time (unlike other times... )

I am stronger on the right side/arm though so no point in changing back...
    Or... actually left handers are quite tricky to play against(assuming you play w right)... at least I find it hard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin (SWE)
    Or... actually left handers are quite tricky to play against(assuming you play w right)... at least I find it hard
    I find it hard too, often it takes me 10 points or so before I'm adjusted to it I keep giving them great forehand smashing opportunities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had heard that some people said left handers play better badminton... is that true?? they said they are more intelligent...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by weeyet
    I had heard that some people said left handers play better badminton... is that true?? they said they are more intelligent...
    Lol So if i can play with my left hand, and since I have played w my right for the last years then... I must be super intelligent
    just kidding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...being a lefty...it's true that i get a lot of forehand smashing opportunities which is sometimes nice...but one thing that i noticed about being left-handed that is both good and bad for a lefty playing with a righty is that they have the back and forehands on the same side. i find that this is sometimes a bit annoying because if the right-handed opponent clears to my forehand by accident...i have to hit it all the way cross court to attack their backhand. but if we were both using the same hand...you could just hit it straight to attack their backhand. it's like playing a mirror image...so if i try to attack them...i might get the same back if they hit it straight from their backhand to my backhand. but i've learned and tried to be careful about that if i can...just a thought and something i notice when i play with friends who know bout me being lefty...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i m a 99.9% lefty with only two exceptions. those are playing guitar and using a pair of scissors!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently there was a TV science documentary about differences of being left-handed and right-handed. I recall that the documentary did say that the lefty's hand is controlled by the right side of the brain, and that the right side of the brain is a few thousands of a second faster than the left side of the brain. The presenter also said that lefties are better at sports than righties, mainly because of the faster response of the brain on the right side. Interesting. Maybe the BAM should establish another criteria, say a proportionally higher percentage of lefties, to be taken in, or that being a lefty can override a lack of height.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Recently there was a TV science documentary about differences of being left-handed and right-handed. I recall that the documentary did say that the lefty's hand is controlled by the right side of the brain, and that the right side of the brain is a few thousands of a second faster than the left side of the brain. The presenter also said that lefties are better at sports than righties, mainly because of the faster response of the brain on the right side.
    yes, I read about thi some where before, they use example of (yangyang?, zhao jianhua?, are they lefties?.. I remmeber they are)

They said, leftie's percentage among players are low, but why you can see there are a lot of leftie tops, the percentage of the leftie tops are far higher than their percentage among those who paly
    Last edited by weeyet; 06-22-2005 at 08:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Recently there was a TV science documentary about differences of being left-handed and right-handed. I recall that the documentary did say that the lefty's hand is controlled by the right side of the brain, and that the right side of the brain is a few thousands of a second faster than the left side of the brain. The presenter also said that lefties are better at sports than righties, mainly because of the faster response of the brain on the right side. Interesting. Maybe the BAM should establish another criteria, say a proportionally higher percentage of lefties, to be taken in, or that being a lefty can override a lack of height.
    Faster reaction time for lefties ... hmm ... since badminton is such a fast sport , I'd take it that faster reaction time is a pretty big advantage ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyet
    me2 !!!! tht's sort of related to brain ... i think ^^
    tht's where right brain is more sort of creative n flexibility n.....
    yea ... guez tht's y they ar like ... more intelligent... n more successful
    my previous coach was also one of left handers n....
    wt evil thing he was... cuz he luv left handers more than ever...
    i'm accusing him of tht cuz i'm R hander.... kekekke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akiE~*
    me2 !!!! tht's sort of related to brain ... i think ^^
    tht's where right brain is more sort of creative n flexibility n.....
    yea ... guez tht's y they ar like ... more intelligent... n more successful
    my previous coach was also one of left handers n....
    wt evil thing he was... cuz he luv left handers more than ever...
    i'm accusing him of tht cuz i'm R hander.... kekekke
    -_- ughh ... why did my parents force me to be right handed ? You guys are making us right handers jealous >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbella122
    -_- ughh ... why did my parents force me to be right handed ? You guys are making us right handers jealous >_<

yea true true true true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >< anger >< jealous >< heng !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saddly, i was told that lefties have a shorter life.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast