User Tag List

View Poll Results: i am.....

Voters
1770. You may not vote on this poll
  • RIGHT handed

1,459 82.43%
  • LEFT handed

311 17.57%
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dandirom
    As a left-hander, I can say it's pretty easy to be ambidextrous for us lefties -- I've been developing my right arm and my control and strength is getting pretty good now tho not as good as my left. But I've found that it really doesn't help that much -- what has really helped is having a very good backhand. No matter how much you work on both hands you will still end up using your backhand in the heat of the moment -- 1.) coz it's more natural. 2.) You don't lose a split-second switching from the other hand. 3.) If you know your footwork, you will instinctively set up for a backhand and if you switch hands you will end up in an awkward position -- of course, it has sometimes helped to confuse opponents (no one will honestly think you could get a shot with such an awkward position).

Compared with being ambidextrous in badminton and having a very good backhand, I'd choose the backhand -- I've developed my backhand to a point that I can now do backhand smashes and drops and in my experience I've earned more points with the backhand than the ambidextrous alternative.
    I agree. But it's still useful, say, if your left arm breaks, is sprained, fractured, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiroisuke
    I agree. But it's still useful, say, if your left arm breaks, is sprained, fractured, etc.
    exactly. hehehe and for us baddy addicts, that's a big plus -- being able 2 play even if your favored arm is injured. hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by westwood_13
    Argh, I hate playing mixed with left-handed guys. Drives me batty, standing on the other side when he's serving!!!

As to lefties themselves, they're scientifically proven to live about two years less than the rest of us. My hypothesis as to why: all the ink they've absorbed from years of dragging their palm after their pen builds up in their body, and eventually the toxins are just too much for the immune system
    As a whole lefties live shorter lives because there's a higher death rate amongst left-handed machine operators and other menial laborers cause the machinery and equipment is designed for righties..

Compared with being ambidextrous in badminton and having a very good backhand, I'd choose the backhand -- I've developed my backhand to a point that I can now do backhand smashes and drops and in my experience I've earned more points with the backhand than the ambidextrous alternative.
    I agree.. I'd also choose the backhand, because being ambidextrous with your arms means being ambidextrous with your legs too and one set of footwork's complicated enough .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a left-hander, I can say it's pretty easy to be ambidextrous for us lefties -- I've been developing my right arm and my control and strength is getting pretty good now tho not as good as my left.
    You should probably think twice about training your right hand. I read somewhere that it can cause oxygen deprivation in your brain or something. But don't take my word for it, as I'm just repeating what it said in this essay at http://www.linkshaender-beratung.de/...bidextrous.htm. It says that " Ambidexterity is therefore neither a goal to aspire to.......it is the first and foremost the mark of brain damage."

I have tried to train my left-hand, and have gotten quite well with it, being able to write and do everyday tasks. But i found out that whenever I used my left to write, my head would start to hurt.
    Last edited by azn_bdmntn_boi; 01-22-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NL-player
    Personally I think the relation will be something like 80%/20% (R/L)
    RIGHT handed 67981.51%LEFT handed 15418.49%

Hey, when I voted, it seems your guess is VERY close...(results above) I'm a right handed player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asphyxiate
    I agree.. I'd also choose the backhand, because being ambidextrous with your arms means being ambidextrous with your legs too and one set of footwork's complicated enough .
    lol. u got that right!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, right handed for the win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right handed, of course...
    but again, isn't obvious that the majority of human being being born are right handed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady
    Right handed, of course...
    but again, isn't obvious that the majority of human being being born are right handed?
    History my friend, history =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erm..well right handed will be at advantage.. (for what i think), unless left handed will be in the team with another left handed.. haha... look like doesn't make any sense..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess the majority of ppl will be the right hander,but infact,the strongest of all still the left handed(FHF),like R.Carlos in soccer..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Ambidextrous lol its really handy haha
    Anyone watch my little pun =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate playing left handed people because I tend to forget that they are left handed and i end up hitting it to there fore hand side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing right-handed right now. I also wanted to learn how to use the left hand though. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right-handed, which seems i am one of the majority

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm right handed but i know someone who's left handed but plays very well with their right hand! if i played with my left hand, i'm pretty sure i'll make horrible shots every time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bleedhondos View Post
    I hate playing left handed people because I tend to forget that they are left handed and i end up hitting it to there fore hand side.
    LOL thats funny because I do that all the time. Fortunately the left handers I played are not very good.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast