our smash speed

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by autolink, Mar 12, 2010.

1. autolink

autolink Regular Member

is there a way to measure our smash speed ?i would like to know the speed of normal hitting and smash speed of normal player like us.i know diff ppl generate diff smash speed,but around how much

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Should get a police friend to come over with their speed gun to measure smash speed :)
    i think mine is about 25km/hr :)

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Unless you're using exactly the same measuring equipment, it's not a fair comparison.

One reason that faster smashes have been recorded in recent years is that the players are hitting harder. But another reason is that the measuring equipment is getting better.

These radar guns measure instantaneous speed of the shuttle leaving the smasher's racket. They do not measure the average speed of the shuttle as it travels from smasher to defender (or floor ;)).

Smashes decelerate extremely rapidly, due to the high air resistance of a shuttle. So if you have a better radar gun, which takes a measurement fractionally earlier, you will get a faster measurement.

4. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    there was a little competition at the all england, and they had a radar gun with the z slash and arc 9 ... the place they had it held was so small and the shuttles was of course plastic not feather (due to durablity). good idea, but the space and feeder was a let down.
    good event though to get people together

5. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Bring your own feather then ! I guess an Arc Z slash will do , since it is only a smash I will be hitting....

6. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    exactly... didnt know unfortunately that they had the speed gun.. and was only there for yesterday.

7. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    one of my friends who has the fastest smash i've ever seen( sounds and looks amazing) got it measured at some international tournament he watch, if i remember rightly it was 172kmh :p i he won the comp and got a free t shirt, he beat a kid in my county in it, he got 127kmh and he might just have a slightly faster smash than me, so mine will be about 110-120 kmh:p so like a third of the speed of fu's smash lol :p

8. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    lol... andrew smith hit a 186 that day in the same environment i believe and he has a big smash. i got a 153 kmh

9. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    woah 186 thats a beast of a smash :p i'll have to ask my mate if his smash has got any better because he stopped playing at my social club because it clashed with his new clubs game nights.