badminton 10 years from now

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by master_taz101, Mar 12, 2010.

1. master_taz101

master_taz101 Regular Member

what do you guys think will happen in the future of badminton? and what do you wish to happen? What developments do you hope?

the question just popped out of my mind last night!

tnx

2. Bcalchess

Bcalchess Regular Member

Harder better faster stronger!

I think Badminton will end up like athletics & swimming where people with a biological advantage dominate. Michael phelps with his huge feet and Usain Bolt with his combination of power & huge stride length dominate their respective fields. As skill and training reach their peak it will be biological differences that are the difference between winning & loosing in top level athletes. I imagine the AE singles champ in 2020 will be either taller than we see today or will have longer reach (along with lots of skill & training of course). Equipment will have to be strictly regulated like in golf and I am sure certain new developments will not be approved. We would all want to get practicing our body shots to beat the gifted freaks ;-)

3. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    i think badminton will be further dominated by chinese players, most of the top 100 will be asia. i also think that the badminton smash speed will increase with new eqiupment. i hope that it will be mass participated so more people will be playing and it will be a greater challege. finally, i hope that there will be shuttle feeders able to rent from the leisure centres :p :) i don't think that it will be biologically dominate because if you look at tennis you get all shapes are sizes but thats what they use for there advantage so it just matters how you use your biological ability. for example, small people are alot faster where as tall people are slower but can reach further.

4. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    i forgot, touch screens on the wall which are connected to a video camara and you can watch yourself after you have played so you can see what you need to improve on and what your doing well or just to see an amazing shot you just did ;)

5. Grotius

Grotius Regular Member

I'm just hoping for better a/c in hot places and better heating in cold places.

6. SixSeven

SixSeven Regular Member

There will be a better line calling system!!!