User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 133
  1. #86
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think i'm having some cuff rotary problems too, if i overexert myself, i usually cant last more than 3 smashes in a rally and my shoulder will feel so painful like its going to get dislocated. my whole arm still start trembling. its been like that since i was 15 and im 22 now. i lived with the pain because i just cant stop playing badminton >_<

  2. #87
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi JuicyBug,

    I have the same problems as you described above. However, I think the cause of this problem is not a rotator cuff problem, but a bicep tendonitis. Next time you feel this pain, try to flex your bicep muscle, and maybe you will feel a sharp pain as I do.

    I also feel the pain in my shoulder and my arm also tremble if I overdo myself. Accorind to my findings, it is the bicep pain that spreads out to the shoulder area. I suffer most from this when I play doubles (because you have to smash constantly). When the pain comes up, I can only smash at 50%...

    I try to treat this by stretching often and by simply resting. But I'm now already suffering from this problem since January...
    Do you do something specific to deal with this problem? I think it' s not wise to play through the pain, because I will get worse.

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Penang MY or Melbourne AU
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the best thing you can do is to see a specialist. Like you said, it is not wise to play through the pain barrier, and it is also not wise to delay treatment

    Good luck!

    Justin.

  4. #89
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi guys....

    im new in BC... something to share. been reading this thread from the very 1st page. i guess im one of all of u. had this pain for 4month now. went specialist twice and 3rd time offering me surgery. 1st visit, doc gave me Voltaren 100g (very effective to relief pain but doesnt cure the pain), and gave me 2 doses of steroids right in the pain and magically less than 2 mins pain is GONE! doc says rest in 2 days and i can get back in the court, but i was itchy, i played the same night!! 2 days after, the doses loses and i feel so numb and weak. 2nd time visit, doc repeating giving me Voltaren again and finally doc says surgery is the only cure and it cost (RM15k). if u just rest 3-4 weeks and starts playing again, the pain will come again and u will start complaining all over again. this is the most annoying pain i ever had in my life and still facing it... also...still playing on the court 2-3 times a week... everyone knows badminton is such an itchy sports. in a week, for sure u want to have 2-3 hour sessions at least. so im still thinking for the surgery.... the worst feeling is the moment i wake up every morning the pain is occurred but reduce after few hours, during badminton it reduced even more.. and i was wearing a shoulder support playing badminton.... well to ppl out there with the same problem as mine, seek a specialist. if u just got it for 2-3 days, u're not too late... REST is what u want to do... to ppl like more than a month or two... SURGERY is the only CURE! so think wise... and do a lots of research, google helps... i read to many articles over the net... and it keeps me motivated but still stubborn! i even saw the surgery in youtube! goshhh!!! god knows!!! so good luck and there goes something to share with... may we have a speedy recovery and will get back to court ASAP!!!

  5. #90
    Regular Member nickspeed9900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Batminton City
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blindaim View Post


    First of all , shoulder has quite a few muscle.

    Simple term is
    1) Front Deltoid
    2) On Top Deltoid
    3) Back Deltoid
    4) Teres Major

    Teres Major allow u to rotate your shoulder.

    that's the part that i got myself injured. I don't know it's caused of badminton or my bodybuilding. I'm now happy that it's fully recovered.

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just found this article called "The Five Minute Shoulder Exam". If anyone needs to talk to a professional, reading over this will help you be better prepared to communicate and understand what the professional is talking about as well. Please check it out. I found it very useful.
    http://www.usask.ca/cme/articles/fmse/index.php


    And here is a link to some of the tests a physio might give you:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jmunoz85#p/u/0/YwR9EcKN_Jc

  7. #92
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    @Home
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have tried this a few years ago, during a hole year it was getting more and more bad, until I actually couldn't raise my are arm.
    I for some reason got tired of playing with towel grip on my racket and went back to useing the thin overgrip, after one week (three training sessions) the pain was completely gone, and I have never felt it again.
    So for me it worked perfectly to start playing with a thinner grip.

  8. #93
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    jpn
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How long usually does Rotator cuff muscle injury takes to heal?

    and i`ve been suffering from it for almost a week now, should I do some exercise to strenghten it or wait until it fully recovered?

  9. #94
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ieim_17 View Post
    How long usually does Rotator cuff muscle injury takes to heal?

    and i`ve been suffering from it for almost a week now, should I do some exercise to strenghten it or wait until it fully recovered?


    rotator cuff muscles, in my opinion takes more than a year to completely heal properly. this is because avid badminton goers do not give themselves enough time to let the injury heal. the best way is to let it heal for 3 months. as in no badminton for 3 months.

    in my practice, i haven't seen any person with rotator cuff injury (not tears!) who cont playing badminton and will recover. aggravating the area of injury over and over again will not lead to complete healing.

    best method is do stretching and cut off the game for good for 3 months. do rotator cuff exercises. weight bearing can be done. nothing too fancy. start with 2kg then 3kg then 4kg weights to strengthen it. when back in the court, use a tape to tape the shoulder for support.

    otherwise pain medications solves the inflammation of the joint. do not overstrain that area.

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    3 months ago I when to a sport specialist because my shoulder was in pain. That doctor ask to do MRI scan. It cost me RM750. After i show it to him. He said my shoulder muscle tear. And tell me need to do some therapy to build my shoulder muscle and stop playing for 3 months after that can start playing back. In a week i done it everyday but i feel strange that my shoulder is so pain why doctor still ask me to build muscle to make it more pain. After that i went to a chinese doctor (MD & PHD). Take some medicines for 2 months that cost me RM1500+. While i taking my medicine (chinese doctor) and still doing muscle building therapy. After 3 months I feel my shoulder not hurting anymore. Then i start back my badminton. Warm up properly and play it in a very careful way. First few warm up high shots is ok. But later my shoulder start to pain again while i hit some high shots. After that i stop it and didnt play anymore. Next day i when back to that sport specialist doctor. Told him my problem. He told me that my shoulder would not recover anymore. It give me a shock! I told him last time he told me rest for 3 months and do therapy then can recover and now he said cant recover. That doctor keep telling me to do surgery RM15000. Now i really dont know what to do. I wont do any surgery for my shoulder because i feel that doctor just want to earn money from me. Because he keep asking me to do surgery. Feel like going back to my chinese doctor and ask him but his price really expensive.

    I just want to know muscle tear can recover or really cant recover at all. Any recommended doctor is really good at this kind of injuries (Chinese doctor also can)

  11. #96
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London area, UK
    Posts
    3,981
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhLunn View Post
    I just want to know muscle tear can recover or really cant recover at all.
    Muscle tears recover very well (partly because muscles have an excellent blood supply). But you don't have a muscle tear.

    You have a tear in some connective tissues: tendons, cartilage, or ligaments. These do not heal as well as muscles (partly because they have a poorer blood supply).

    Connective tissue injuries can heal, however. How well they heal depends on the injury.

    If conservative treatments (such as physiotherapy) have failed, surgery is often recommended. There are no guarantees, but surgery may help your injury. Surgery helped my shoulder injury, and was certainly necessary in my case. However, I still get pain: it's not a 100% fix.

    Your chances of a 100% fix are probably low. But would you be happy with an 80% fix?

  12. #97
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    KL Malaysia
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you still persist on playing and cant wait for 3-4 months if no badminton. Try using deep heat spray for the affected area. Helps better warm up and stretching of muscles and "prevents" further injury.

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    Muscle tears recover very well (partly because muscles have an excellent blood supply). But you don't have a muscle tear.

    You have a tear in some connective tissues: tendons, cartilage, or ligaments. These do not heal as well as muscles (partly because they have a poorer blood supply).

    Connective tissue injuries can heal, however. How well they heal depends on the injury.

    If conservative treatments (such as physiotherapy) have failed, surgery is often recommended. There are no guarantees, but surgery may help your injury. Surgery helped my shoulder injury, and was certainly necessary in my case. However, I still get pain: it's not a 100% fix.

    Your chances of a 100% fix are probably low. But would you be happy with an 80% fix?
    That means my shoulder would not 100% recover after 2 -3 years??

  14. #99
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justinpops View Post
    If you still persist on playing and cant wait for 3-4 months if no badminton. Try using deep heat spray for the affected area. Helps better warm up and stretching of muscles and "prevents" further injury.
    First 2 months is really very hard to stop playing badminton. But i still manage to stop it for 3 months. I used all this method
    1) Try not to watch any badminton show on tv
    2) Dont go in to badminton shop
    3) Dont visit any forum that related to badminton. At here i just read "Injuries Topic"
    4) Stop going out with my badminton friends
    5) Keep my rackets at a place that i seldom open it.

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    KL Malaysia
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Swim more. Best advice I ever gotten.

  16. #101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    when you say 'specialist'... a physician who specializes in shoulder pain...what do you call them?

  17. #102
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,222
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imumedicine View Post
    rotator cuff muscles, in my opinion takes more than a year to completely heal properly. this is because avid badminton goers do not give themselves enough time to let the injury heal. the best way is to let it heal for 3 months. as in no badminton for 3 months.

    in my practice, i haven't seen any person with rotator cuff injury (not tears!) who cont playing badminton and will recover. aggravating the area of injury over and over again will not lead to complete healing.

    best method is do stretching and cut off the game for good for 3 months. do rotator cuff exercises. weight bearing can be done. nothing too fancy. start with 2kg then 3kg then 4kg weights to strengthen it. when back in the court, use a tape to tape the shoulder for support.

    otherwise pain medications solves the inflammation of the joint. do not overstrain that area.
    Yeah I've got shoulder pain again when I raise my arm - especially forwards. Pain seems to be 'inside' my shoulder and hard to pinpoint, kinda to the front-outer I guess.

    I'd had it before but it went away and I had months without issue but now it seems back again. I kinda sleep on my front/side so that doesn't seem to be helping, either.

    Taking 3 months off is not currently an option, so I might start doing some of the specific exercises that I've seen on the web.

    Do you have any basic regimen you can suggest?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. another shoulder pain
    By dukebluedevil in forum Injuries
    Replies: 1
    : 03-05-2010, 09:04 AM
  2. Shoulder Pain
    By timmehtong in forum Injuries
    Replies: 9
    : 11-17-2009, 06:18 AM
  3. Shoulder pain
    By srikrishna717 in forum Injuries
    Replies: 7
    : 11-01-2009, 01:08 AM
  4. shoulder pain
    By azhong in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 7
    : 01-11-2007, 03:45 AM
  5. Shoulder Pain
    By Curtis in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 03-14-2002, 03:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •