Hey everybody!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Flick Serve, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Flick Serve

Flick Serve Regular Member

Student
    Hello people!
    My name is Fergal and I play badminton, bet you didn't expect that!
    I'm from wonderful Kerry in Ireland, assuming you can handle, rain and alot of it!
    I was recently playing with a Carlton aeroblade but the strings broke so I must get it restringed. Fortunately, it wasn't because of a cracked frame or anything.
    I am actually playing in cork mostly as I'm at college in U.C.C.
    I probably have a bit of an ego about how good I am though!
    I've won a few competitions and been promoted a division too so that probably didn't help :D
    Anyway I am quite enthusiastic about badminton and I enjoy playing it.
    In general I like to play either doubles, singles or mixed and rather than commit to figuring out which one I'm best at I like to say I'm "different" in each.
    I sometimes get on a roll thinking I'm pretty good at singles or doubles but then get pegged back. I guess it just plain depends on the way the people I play, play!
    And yes I do like to throw in a flick serve once in a while!

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCDF, Flick Serve (Fergal)!:)..It's good to have another Irishman in BC, we can surely use a lot of your Irish Luck, too!..Btw, feel free to take a peek at the Places to Play/Clubs/Local Events->UK sub-forum; who knows, you might find other BCers who love to do flick serves like you.
    Hope you'll make a (good) habit of visiting us & enjoy your time here!;):cool:

3. Flick Serve

Flick Serve Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated!
    I certainly didn't expect that there would be many (any) other Irish around here, quite a nice surprise :)