100 Years of All England born a New Star, Kenichi Tago

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by bennydut, Mar 13, 2010.

1. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    100 Years of All England born New Star

Birmingham, Kompas.com - Exactly one century classic event All-England tournament, was born a new star in the world badminton arena. He is Kenichi Tago, singles from Japan.

20-year-old player who is now ranked the 20th world made a series of surprises in tournament was 200,000 U.S. dollars. He was able to break through and destroy the dominance of China in the sector, until the final round could penetrate.

Duel against Bao Chunlai, Saturday (13/310), National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, England, became the last sweep of the runner-up in 2007 Junior World Championships to China melibas players. In the fight lasted 1 hour 16 minutes, Tago Bao Chunlai beat the sixth seed with a 18-21, 22-20, 21-18.

This is the second libasan Tago to stop the players of China, which was very dominating singles sector, especially in the All-England (from 2004 to 2009, China was always champion the All England). He first removed the third seed who is a former champion in 2008, Chen Jin, in the quarter-finals.

Before facing wall of China, the son of former men's doubles finalists Yoshiko Yonekura of Japan was also knocked down players seventh seed from Vietnam, Nguyen Tien Minh. Thus, Tago shows that he's worth as a player considered dangerous, because the three leading players successfully removed.

Its success is making the final through Tago became the first Japanese player to fly the flag again "Sakura Country" at the All England, after nearly half a century to sink. Because the last time a Japanese player can advance to the final of the All England is H Akiyama, who did 47 years ago.

"Badminton is my game. I've been playing this sport since the age of three years. That's why I really enjoyed this game," said Tago, who was smiling, after beating Bao Chunlai.

Encouragement from coach

What makes Tago very impressive performances in the arena All England this? Apparently, the motivation is expelled coach Park Joo Bong makes Tago playing like never run out of steam. Coach who is also a legend that South Korea "economizer" Tago by saying that the history of waiting if successfully escaped to the final.

Sure enough, Tago appear like a player who had enough experience. He managed to take advantage of mistakes Bao Chunlai in the second set, which has a very big chance to end the game because it is superior 20-19. Snack widening of the left-handed players are making the position of a balanced 20-20, and then control the game in the hands of Tago who won two points to win 22-20.

In the third set, immediately soared to Tago with 7-2 advantage, followed by 11-4. Although that Bao Chunlai rid Lin in the quarter-final points to cut the deficit, but did not provide an opportunity Tago. The burning zeal to make him continue to look aggressively to undermine the defense Bao Chunlai.

No doubt, when to the left side smesnya Bao Chunlai defense can not be returned, Tago directly sliding on the floor, covering her face with both hands. He repeats the history of Japanese badminton, which 47 years ago managed to get representatives in the men's singles number, to the final. More special again, Tago do when the All England 100 years old.

Can Tago continue the surprise in the final? Weight, but not impossible to establish. Because, at the top of the party on Sunday (14/3/10) This, Tago will meet world number one player Lee Chong Wei, who also wants to dream first degree at the All England.

"This (All England) is very important for Malaysia. I really want to win this title," said Chong Wei.

Yes, Chong Wei was already collecting a lot of super series title. However, this Malaysian players had never lifted the trophy All England. Last year, he also penetrated the finals, but defeated by Lin Dan. So this time Chong Wei must have a double motivation to become champion, and registered himself as a player second Malaysian men's singles champion in the 44-year period, after Hafiz Hashim did in 2003 - earlier, Malaysian men's singles title at All England in 1956 and 1957, which is dedicated B Eddy Choong.

2. Angelyn51

Angelyn51 Regular Member

As they say, life is full of surprises. Anything could happen really, its just that what's likely to happen and whats not likely. Tago beating BCL has improved his odds against LCW drastically but I still think LCW remains the favorite, unless I'd love to be proven wrong.

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Tago Kenichi is only 20. He might be Japan's sign of revival. Although full support for Lee Chong Wei is from me for this tournament, I hope Tago will do well in the future.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Good to see these youngster move in front, he is only 20 y/o.....but sadly where is MAS back ups or junior they are also around 20 y/o some even older.......Common, take KT as example, learn from him.......dont keep dreaming, its time to break thru.....

5. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

I think it's management problem, having no patience. They keep asking for immediate results hence MAS keep sending Hafiz and Wong Choong Hann to make up numbers.

If MAS keep sending rookies/youngsters, they will of course keep losing as part of the growing process and making rookie mistakes. Problem is, management has low failure tolerance level.

6. undeadshot

I wonder how many times had Muhammad Hafiz Hashim and Kuan Beng Hong fail. I think KBH should be stopped sending to tournaments for good.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sorry
    u cant stop some ppl to think differently from u;)
    he is prof.j
    get it?;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well,the final featured 2 player with the best form
    should be interesting
    hehe

8. ronk

ronk Regular Member

This must be a computer translation, because the English is badly garbled. I don't understand a lot of what I read. Togo may be having a breakthrough year. We shall see whether this is truly a breakthrough for him or whether he is a one tournament wonder. History is littered with one tournament wonders who disappear into oblivion.

9. Kernway

Kernway New Member

student
    I just wanna say that i really congrats tago for being able to reach the final defeating top player like chen jin and bao chunlai! he just stole the spotlight! it's really impressive!

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Tago in popular in Japan. He is the numero uno replacing Shoji Sato... in fact he is better than Shoji Sato.. but the problem that there is many nay sayers and doubts in Tago's ability to shine. Not only in Japan but other countries as well.

He is still young and more to learn as well. He is already a winner in AE2010 whatever result it may be. Hope he will continue to improve.

11. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i remembered when shoji sato 1st came out....everyone was impressed by him....especially his speed....he even almost beat LD in the 2005 WC...but then he went down and down....and now he's venturing into doubles...

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Shoji Sato is different. He is a great player and good skills. But somehow his head got slightly big in Japan. If you know what i mean...

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Malaysia has Loh Ah Heng in Semi of All England some years back & that's it!

14. undeadshot

Hafiz Hashim? :p

15. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

wow! someone actually remembers the name Lo Ah Heng. Yes, semis in AE but he never got anywhere near before or after that semis appearance.

16. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

Hafiz was Commonwealth Games Champion and he also had that famous TC victory against BCL in the semis - which helped Malaysia enter the final, for the last time sadly - before his AE win.

17. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

Pullela Gopichand - anyone remembers him?

#17 SE1992, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  18. ants

ants Regular Member

Hmmm ok.. this is getting no where.

19. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

:)
    Will Tago go some where or no where????
    Will it be a Zhao Jianhua or a Pullela/Lo Ah Heng?
    :confused:

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Tago's All England championship pedigree runs in his blood!!! As badMania wrote, Kenichi's mother, Emiko Ueno was one of the top shuttlers in the world in the 1970s and won the inaugural world women’s doubles title in 1977 with partner Etsuko Taganoo. The pair had won numerous honors including the All-England champion and Asian Games gold medal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_All_England_Women%27s_Doubles_champions

#20 Krisna, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010