Need a bit of help

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by AJ20R, Mar 14, 2010.

1. AJ20R

AJ20R Regular Member

Hi I played badminton for a bit a few years ago however I play tennis, and have just started playing badminton again. I have a really really good smash, therefore I can beat players which are worse than me easy however as soon as I play someone that can put me in an awkward position and return my smashes better I can compete but not exactly win haha. I am 6 ft 2(male), what I struggle with is net shots (My net shots are decent but I always seem to get tricked out when im playing better players) and my backhand. As soon as I am forced into my backhand corner I seem to loose the point (If I am playing players better than me) as I will clear it but its not deep enough and I cant recover enough and they just drop shot it which leaves me no chance to get to the net.

My question to you is, what should I most look to improve on so that I get better quicker?

2. sayem

sayem Regular Member

well ...if ur serious about improving your game..practice footwork..as u mention ur easily pushed into awkward positions by a good opponent.(read the sticky on improving ur game) I had the same problem ...but now after practicing footwork my game has improved a great deal.
    just my 2 cents worth... :)