Arcsaber 10 vs Muscle Power 99? any recommendation?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by WoRLd PeACe, Mar 16, 2010.

1. WoRLd PeACe

WoRLd PeACe Regular Member

students
    What's the different betweeen ARC10 and MP99? I am using MP99 for 4years and no more in the market..I am planning to change to ARC10 but any recommendation? I need something similar to my Muscle Power 99...I am confused... =(

2. CrimsonRain

CrimsonRain Regular Member

Pharmacy Student
    You can still purchase MP99's in many online stores (such as badmintonalley & sohubuy). When you used your MP99, do you like to smash frequently? Arc10 is more head-heavy than MP99, although not as head-heavy as AT rackets. Arc10 is typically designed for semi-aggressive players (but this also greatly depends whether you get 2U or 3U). I would think the feel for the Arc10 and MP99 are similar, but your timing will have to be adjusted a little because of the Arc10's slight head-heaviness. The MP99 is also stiffer than the Arc10, but I don't think that is as much of a problem (switching from stiff to less stiff vs stiff to more stiff). Ask any of your friends whom own one (I'm sure many do, since Arc10 is a pretty popular racket)

#2 CrimsonRain, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

MP99 is a very distictive racket like no other. The closest one that i can think of is AT700

4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I've been using MP99s for a long time and I haven't really found a good replacement yet. The ARC10 I know is close but I haven't tried it long enough to judge yet.

5. WoRLd PeACe

WoRLd PeACe Regular Member

students
    thanks guys for your commend...
    I am still prefer MP99 as it as been using for a long time and broken one of MP99 so far...Now i left only 4MP99 but it's hard to get in M'sia store nowadays...I am playing for single matches...I heard that ARC10 is more likely to offences too and add more 25%of smashing accuracy...is that true? anyone?

6. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I doubt the 25% accuracy is true because it really depends on the player. If anything, MP99 should have more control as its stiffer (in my opinion). MP99 is one of those classics and since its still available still in Asia, I'll still use the ones I've got.

7. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    bro World if you're living within KL , you can go to Studio R, KLCC cos i still see MP99 there .... :)

8. vdanvung

vdanvung Regular Member

IT
    any one selling the mp99, need to buy one right now, i'm currently using AT900T and it fine, but i just bought the mp99 just to try and notice its good. i'm trying to buy another one here in brunei, and have gone to a few shop but they said its out of stock. so does anyone selling the mp99 plus delivery to brunei or anybody ahave a direct contact to sunrise company which distribute racket to brunei. interested in buying if the price is right. must be original....

9. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    go for Arcsb8DX

10. wiwi86

wiwi86 Regular Member

student
    i will still recommend AT900T over AS10

11. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    just curious why At90t is better than AS 10 ??

12. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

Yeah same here..
    I think Yonex take the wrong way to discontinue such a classic traditional best seller and great performing high end racket like MP-99

If it were one year before, I couldnt think other beside AT-700 to replace MP-99. But for now, Arc-8 DX is the closest IMO

13. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Have to say I switched from MP99 to ARC10's and haven't been totally happy with the experience.
    IMO MP99's are stiffer & more head heavy than Arc10's.

If you're looking for Head heavy/stiff then the AT range is what the current Yonex line-up has.
    OR you can do what I did & picked up a pair of Ti10 gen3's from Racquet world in Pertama Complex, KL. Loved the MP99 because it played like a Ti10. . . .