Please update price for shuttlecock in HK

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Vdz, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

Would you please update the prices for shuttlecocks as follows:

AS 50
    AS 40
    RSL No 1 Tourney
    RSL classic

And also which one is used the most?
    I might buy a box of 25 tubes or even 50 if cheap and carriable?

Thanks a lot

Wishing all of you and your family A Merry Merry Christmas and Safe Happy New Year

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Somewhere around 70 to 90 HKD for the RSL
    Yonex dunno. I think they cost a lot more so I don't even bother looking at the price!

Hardly anybody uses Yonex shuttles in HK - well, to be more accurate, those places I've played in

3. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

Thanks Cheung
    So which Rsl are you using now or you are using different shuttlecock? and which is the most durable No 1 Tournement or Classic? Since I have not played any of them, and I have been searching a lot of threads but it seems to me like a racket - personal preference.

Thanks again

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If I personally buy RSL, I buy the Silver! It's cheaper and I don't really think there's too much difference. Once the feathers have gone a bit soft in the game, then we change the shuttle. Silver still flies quite OK. I don't like the Ace. Those are a bit poor.

Not tried the Classic.

Sometimes shuttles have batches which are poor. I seen this in RSL no.1 which is the shuttle I have played with the most (so more time to assess different batches)

5. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

So you are saying buying shuttlecock is like buying luck if you are lucky enough you would get a good batch. so is there any way around to get a good batch without any dramas since I don't think I have enough time to try before buy.
    Thank you Cheung

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Vdz,

yes, i have seen that on all birdies. there are good batches, and there are bad batches. i have seen manufacturers changing production line to cut cost, etc, and perhaps the seasonal changes causes the change in the feather's character.

kinda like buying wine, there are good years, and there are bad years.

also, i think the more expensive the shuttle, the most consistent it is as the feather selection process will be stricter.

7. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

Thanks Kwun

Do you think that it is expensive or not? we pay nearly US $20 per tube and we have to use 1-2 some time 3 birdies in one man double game.
    I have tried YY one, can't recall what version but they were so good and expensive, because I will be in HK in Jan and I like to try different shuttlecock which lasts long and is worth for money.

Thank you guys again

8. vchu

vchu New Member

for my own experience, I think RSL silver is good. NO.1 Tourney is better. No.1 Tourney have more stable flight when you play in the games. Have you try tatic gold ??? It is very reliable with good flight too. Prices are reasonable in Hong Kong here, will cost you less than 20U.S. with shipping for sure. If you want more details, you would pm or e-mail me.