A Series of unfortunate events!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Sevex, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    As the saying goes, it never rains but it pours...

I don't think there is anywhere on the forum like this thread (it's a combination of a load of problems) but I thought I'd share with everyone the badminton problems I've had over the past few weeks. Please post your stories of the most number of badminton related incidents that have ever happened at once.

Over the past 7 weeks I have broken 2 rackets, a pair of shoes, had numerous small injuries (such as bruising my foot, knee, elbow etc etc), had badminton sessions cancelled or shortened, one of my friends fell asleep therefore didn't turn up to play (in the middle of the day!) Double with 3 people is hard! Broken a lot of racket strings (due to mis hits as the bruises slowed me down a bit) and had to mend my stringing machine (due to overwork!)

Now normally none of this happens, so it came as a bit of a shock! My wallet is considerably lighter (when I had not much money to begin with) but at least I have new equipment I suppose :p

Now feel free to post your stories of multiple mishaps happening all at once, be they amusing, soul destroying or a mixture of both.