User Tag List

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: BAM news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going further forward from limsy's (simple yet excellent) graph.... and at the risk of being slightly off tangent, the fall out from that is, we will have a pool of really good players, a big pool, that is not good enough to be on the A list but still very good players nonetheless, with no where to go.
    I think this is where a good Professional Badminton League will become useful. A healthy badminton culture so to speak, thoroughly malaysian which will keep feeding good players, coaches and facilities and hopefully, create a R&D tradition too .. in higher institutes of learning.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..i must say, that's like the quickest "tata" i've seen..
    ..limsy, you're sounding more and more like Krisna with all the detailed analysis and input on what MAS and BAM must/should do..
    But Krisna is in a position to do something about it, as least influence some of the decision makers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^that's the only difference..^^

..but then you are making the rest of the BCers even more curious abt Krisna..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if BAM is going to continue with Favoritism policies, then make it black and white at least coaches and players can work on it. Like when South Africa put a policy of at least one black player in their rugby team...

Same goes with the State BA... state clearly if at least there must be at least ONE representative from that race.. put it down in black & white...

Stop all the argument and work things out from there better than UNWRITTEN rulesssss

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    I think if BAM is going to continue with Favoritism policies, then make it black and white at least coaches and players can work on it. Like when South Africa put a policy of at least one black player in their rugby team...

Same goes with the State BA... state clearly if at least there must be at least ONE representative from that race.. put it down in black & white...

Stop all the argument and work things out from there better than UNWRITTEN rulesssss
    if like this
    i will never work out to have a better bam anymore

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    if like this
    i will never work out to have a better bam anymore
    dont worry... looks at our Government Uni & Private Colleges... Graduates from which site get better Job opportunities?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a more balanced perspective is called for here re favouritism. We must look at the objective and then judge for ourselves.
    In colleges and universities and even in government jobs and contracts one race is given special rights for the simple reason they would end up either in front or level with the other less "privileged". There is a gain for someone and a loss for another.
    In badminton, having such a policy of discrimination will do more harm than good for both the "priviledged" and those being discriminated. Those so-called privileged players not worth their salt get insulted by even their own kind and the country "cuts" its own throat. There is no gain for both, only a death sentence for both. Why would it do such a silly thing?
    In fact, the probabilty of favouritism is low. The possibilty of rumour mongering is in fact higher than favouritism.
    But we are all human. Some like conspiracy theories and rumour mongering; others have a more open mind; yet others are not swayed by rumours but judge things on evidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course we must take things based on evidence. But do u think it is easy to just reveal what is true when someone's job or even life is on the line?
    There are such thing as unspoken rules. But if no one from the Asso want to stand and speak up.. it will be hard to make a change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO

Many things are done in an irrational manner because the people are just plain irrational

and have a seige mentality. Its about planting your cronies in all the strategic places .

Many years ago 2 shopping complexes were up for sale, a HK group offered Rm200m ,YTL offered half,but the

offer was given to YTL, it may sound illogical but the people considered it a good decision as YTL was "closer"

and more accomodating. It is already standard practice that business and everything else is politically connected

because ultimately it is about controlling the power base. Would Holland for eg. like Singapore accept badminton ot TT players to represent them no, its more important for their own people to be given a place, win or lose.Even there were protests when Falndy and Eng Hian was spposed to represent England, reason being they were depriving locals.

I think we can all talk till the cows come home, it is a sheer waste of time explaining all these stuff over and over again to the same people for their entertainment. I think we are all wasting too much time engaging people who are no longer able to learn or change their ways, why not spend more time playing badminton, facebook or watch Astro or something.

Even Kwun has been able to catch on to what we have beeen repeating again and again. But rest assured fellow Malaysians, we are maturing, we can discern and question whatever we want as we are a 2 party state like advanced countries, there are no sacred cows.Wedont need to keep on repeating the old song again and again ,someone is taking us for a ride, maybe just need people to talk to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Ants,

I think you have done enough explaining already, the world would by now know s

how many pimples are on your backside. There is no perfect world and everyone lives by different standards, what is irrational may be rational to others.

Do you have the time to answer all monkeys who throw firecrackers at you?

You should understand by now that some members are instigators, batu api, they pretend to be very naive, annoy you and make you react. They pick on issues sensitive to other people

and incite them to engage in useless argument (see Chit Chat). When you see such signs press the ignore button.

Engage them if they say something useful or constructive, not incite you or invite you to show yor warts.

We are Malaysians we live with such people everyday, it is the root of all problems here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the lighter side, anyone here play chess, as in English Chess, Chinese Chess or Military Chess.

It can occupy many hours of your time. Also it is very good training for engaging people in conflicts and psychology.

The older generation are very good chess players, maybe the younger ones play Dota or counter-strike

but chess does improve the intellect.It must be a lost art.

Many people use the art of chess in their everyday lives too.Try it, you will be amazed at the results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont worry... looks at our Government Uni & Private Colleges... Graduates from which site get better Job opportunities?

Let me try to put things in perspective, I will try to say it once and once only (before I end up like Pemuda and get banned).
    Malaysia at the moment ia like a badminton match, Team A is playing team B.

Team A is the traditional team comprising many nazis , geriatrics etc.They are very old fashioned
    and a ruling and control most business and government and many other vested interests.Team A is very difficult to change and the source of many problems today, although they deny everything.Many of the powerful people in strategic positions are supporters of Team A.

Team B is the new challenger comprising younger,urban educated and more cosmopolitan poeople who want change and better governance etc etc.they are multiracial and multi religion and believe more in equality.

It is no different from any advanced country. Team A is trying to hold on and Team B is trying to dislodge them. Most of the people here are of the B variety.

If you are Team B or neutral it is better not to say anything or even think of anything along racial lines, if not then you are surely Team A. It does not take a genius to predict that Team A will always support their own team and policies and vice versa.

Now. like Pemuda, I have stuck out my neck, if you dont get the message , there's nothing more I can do, you have a problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haiseh, it's already written, New Economic Policy - since the 1970s, just that now change name.
    As for the favouritism, it's pretty much the trend in all Malaysian sports & other aspects of life. The one will better results are not selected but the one with lesser results. One just need to go down to go down to the ground & observe, can see clearly.

Other aspects of life, more direct, many things are clearly stated "XXX only" mean non XXX cannot even apply.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 06-01-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They so-called that: Perlembagaan
    IMO, i guess some of the rules/regulation shall be review from time to time, as the some rules setup in 50-years ago are no longer practical now. Yet, from the current scene, MAS still living in the pass (the top management).

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Haiseh, it's already written, New Economic Policy - since the 1970s, just that now change name.
    As for the favouritism, it's pretty much the trend in all Malaysian sports & other aspects of life. The one will better results are not selected but the one with lesser results. One just need to go down to go down to the ground & observe, can see clearly.

Other aspects of life, more direct, many things are clearly stated "XXX only" mean non XXX cannot even apply.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think just like our Bursa... 30% of slot should be allocated for "privilege group"... Dun care if they are good enough or not...

In Msia T0maz Cub 2010... 3 outta 10 members are from the "privilege group"... I belib BAM should write the rules out clearly so everyone can understand and know their position.

I used to represent the state in basketball and MABA set a rules to include at least 2 non-Chinese players in every team to promote the game among non-Chinese.

I as a player understand the situation thus, we Chinese work harder to cover up for the non-Chinese players !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think its high time the privilege group stands up by their own and stop being treated this way. they have improved their standing and if they are still left behind, the time for them to narrow the gap will not be that far as compared to the past, probably it will do them more good than harm, just my opinion!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have no problem if the privilege group excel better than others... but the current situation is different.
    Due to country policies, the privilege group tends to be lazy, ignorant mainly because once they have achieved some result equivalent to the elite group, they will get selected.

Our management has always made the wrong choice by not choosing the best of the best. What i mean is even in the elite group there is a performance system. Whoever hits high on that is picked.

I have not much to comment about HH selection, but really doubt why fuzzy can be selected.... what i mean is the real reason behind the dark.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast