User Tag List

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: BAM news

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely not, chris

recent news sure wouldn't help any players performances

but its better than no news

it always start with some news and this time how big it is

depend on who are concerned this time

if just ordinary people and fans it will be no news later

its called political news (did you mean this?)

but if it continues and becomes big news

then that means somebody bigger is behind

then malaysia boleh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I think you got your facts wrong. BAM was in favour of the ING deal in which ING would take prominence re advertising their name over Proton.
    However, BAM was not awre of this agent and the cut he was supposed to get. ING also claims that they were not aware of the use of an agent and the agent's commission.
    To go ahead with such a "shady" deal would be the talk of the town. So the rest is now history and now the deck has been thoroughly cleaned for less hanky panky deals. BTW, ING is still a contender for future deals but I suspect they and BAM would want to ensure nobody gets a huge bite.
    Of course BAM could always get funding if funds are critically short. BTW, the government did inject enough money into BAM just before the Thomas Cup.
    Thread no.288, a 360 degree turn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Datuk Nadzmi did the right thing in stepping down as CNT and let Ng Chin Chai to take over the operation. However i dont understand why he wanted to appoint Yusri Yusuf as the assistant secretary for Chin Chai?
    If Yusri is in charge of the Cochrane Project.. then Nadmi should have appoint him as Special Project Assistant. Anyway i dont know how far is Mr Yusri's involvement in it being the assistant secretary for Chin Chai. Will just wait and see. Hope both of them will do well together in promoting and expanding the strength of our Malaysia badminton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course politics get in the way at BAM. But there is nothing wrong with politics if they are not politics from the government but only involve the management of BAM.
    Any sports association have to be involved in "politics" provided they are not of a governmental nature. Otherwise, you will be too dependent on the government for funds to run your association. When governments give out too much money they want to have a say, which means political interference.
    That is why sports associations will have to get a larger percent of their funds on their own with just a little from the government.
    Sponsorships is thus a major source. The man at the top should be given the sole responsibilty to secure such funding. Others in BAM are there to assist him or her. If the president of BAM were to delegate this important responsibilty to his subordinate then why elect him as a president?
    BTW, a secretary or a treasurer should have no business in soliciting funding, as it could lead to conflict of interest especially if the treasurer is involved.
    Posting no.31 on government funding

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    the concept of explain is to made the people who confuse to be clear
    how can u explain something to someone who thought he can understand everything by internet(sorry,u might think i am saying u,cooler,i am not saying u.so just ignore this ya)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MACC has been invited by the BAM to investigate the soured ING sponsorship deal because of suspected hanky panky. It has even visited the BAM office and talked with some BAM officials and searched some files and records.
    I think this is the first time any badminton association in Malaysia has been under investigation by the MACC. It is a huge embarrassment.
    But I think this will be good for the BAM after this cleaning up. The timimg of the investigation, after the TC and UC instead of before, appears to be prudent.
    Let us wait and see what happens now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MACC has been invited by the BAM to investigate the soured ING sponsorship deal because of suspected hanky panky. It has even visited the BAM office and talked with some BAM officials and searched some files and records.
    I think this is the first time any badminton association in Malaysia has been under investigation by the MACC. It is a huge embarrassment.
    But I think this will be good for the BAM after this cleaning up. The timimg of the investigation, after the TC and UC instead of before, appears to be prudent.
    Let us wait and see what happens now.
    It is good that MACC went to BAM to do some investigation. However i guess "someone" will be made a scapegoat since the issue was on the ING deal. There are previous deals which was not declared. Yes.. this is an embarrassment to the badminton fraternity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is even a joker who is suggesting that MACC should also investigate all the players for throwing away matches without a fight, ostensibly for receiving bribes. I think this is a bit far-fetched.
    I am not sure if anyone will get into trouble on the ING deal because if a criminal act is not committed then there is no crime. Since the deal collapsed with no money going to anyone, then I am not sure anyone can be charged. Perhaps if the law allows something like an intent to commit a crime to be punishable, then there will be a case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

investigation is just a show so go with it if anyone wants to...lol

what to find? whose that dumb?

a scape goat? maybe and its going to no other than the former secretary...

unless we are all not seeing something here yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is even a joker who is suggesting that MACC should also investigate all the players for throwing away matches without a fight, ostensibly for receiving bribes. I think this is a bit far-fetched.
    I am not sure if anyone will get into trouble on the ING deal because if a criminal act is not committed then there is no crime. Since the deal collapsed with no money going to anyone, then I am not sure anyone can be charged. Perhaps if the law allows something like an intent to commit a crime to be punishable, then there will be a case.
    must be the guy who commented in the press as anonymous
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 07-04-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    lol
    the concept of explain is to made the people who confuse to be clear
    how can u explain something to someone who thought he can understand everything by internet(sorry,u might think i am saying u,cooler,i am not saying u.so just ignore this ya)

I read somewhere that the indian people exploit the weakness of the monkey. The monkey has a weakness, whenever it grabs hold of food it will never let go. So to trap the monkey they open a hole in a coconut and fill it with food. The monkey comes and puts its hands into coconut and is deeply engrossed in removing the food from the coconut, no matter what happens it will never let go,so that is the best time to catch it.

Aren't you lucky Limsy that you can get a U education, then you can learn to think, to get a balanced view, to be able to think out of the box and to engage others.This kind of problem here
    occurs with people who have stopped learning and is a malady called tunnel vision.
    We know what is happening in msia (unless we are sleeping), Ants already knew the answer in posting no.4, we know this has been going on for decades, it is news to people far away.
    Anyway, like i said a tiger cannot change its stripes, when you live far away, dont know local people cannot speak or read local languages or dont want to learn them,have no friends, cannot get along with people maybe,the internet becomes a 2nd home.So learn from it,hone your thinking and communication skills and get a life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    investigation is just a show so go with it if anyone wants to...lol

what to find? whose that dumb?

a scape goat? maybe and its going to no other than the former secretary...

unless we are all not seeing something here yet

Let's hope that after investigations a badminton player or official does not end up at the foot of a
    high rise building. Throwing games for money far-fetched, well we live here.

I agree with you PB,all this is politicking is not doing much for the game, but it does serve as a warning shot to all and sundry that big brother is watching you.Someone once mentioned in this forum that Sports Associations everywhere are riddled with corruption and little Napoleans.You know it too well I'm sure.
    We are not doing good for the sport by gossiping about all these politics. The other interesting thing I like to know is whether there is a law that does not allow a Managing or Marketing Agent to earn fees for brokering a deal because it is their business, after all in a survey years ago, it was found that some 15 % of the population are brokers and runners.The BWF does not seem to think so by engaging that agent.
    There are zillions of other brokerage deals that I will not mention here that the MACC will not touch,
    you know I know, so this BAM thing is "much ado about nothing" as the people are just small fry as usual.It could also be the routine "sandiwara" on the part of the politicians behind the scene to allay the complaints of the public.
    Back to badminton or continue to **** on your own doorstep?
    Last edited by Bbn; 07-04-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    During the announcement of ING's sponsorship, there was a video of BAM President giving speech, saying got new sponsor is good,etc,etc. He knew about it, how much of the details I not sure, since he was unwell. They had BAM Committee meeting in the President's house.

In these sort of situations, it's not uncommon that the President appoint someone else to handle the discussions.
    In between the discussions, somehow rather it seems that it was not fully resolved(in writing) about the logo at front of player's shirt issue.

Then the President being also Proton CEO/Chairman, have to take care of Proton's interest in BAM. That's why I'm not surprised no foreign company is badminton main/one of main sponsor, there should have been interested parties since badminton is one of the more successful Msia sports

BAM has been cash strapped, they really needed additional sponsors but it does seem that they were too kan cheong abt new sponsor, went ahead too fast with the logo thing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The key?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    More from malay language press, pls use google translator :
    http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...autama/Article

http://www.hmetro.com.my/myMetro/art...Nadzmi/Article

Basically Proton is back is title/main sponsor. Discussions on ING sponsorship after TC/Uber, whether ING still sponsoring not confirmed. As I said bf, dont think Proton would let go being main sponsor(not surprising), unless new sponsor offers double or triple the amount.
    Another key? From someone who reads an array of newspapers including tabloids representing many interest groups.
    More credible? Anyway HR should not be taken seriously like the MM, they are more gossip tabloids.

People in Msia say that local people have short memories and forget and forgive very quickly. History here is actually a few posts ago.
    Last edited by Bbn; 07-04-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    1st,i agree that bam is rich after olympic silver medal
    2nd,as i said before,rich doesnt = player have enough money to survive.most of the player in squad(more than 75%) of them only earn rm 500 per month before tuc 2008.just like malaysia government is rich,doesnt mean the poeple is rich.u should know that,u are experience.

if u still can understand why someone want to be bam president despite somebody think that is only a small pie(opps,that somebody say bam is the richest after that,not sure how flip flop is that)
    Allow me to try to organise and SYNTHESIZE the information so far so far we can visualise from a mind map
    of the bits and pieces delivered here and there and see correlations and connectivity ( I don't claim to be right, just arranging facts so that they can be seen holistically,pls add or expand or edit if you desire ):

1) Nadzmi was appointed to take over from F.Che Wan during Frosts time, after complaints about players not paid, bad management etc etc. This guy was appointed by Mahatir as he had a track record in corporate affairs and manufacturing of a very protected car.
    2) The guy was supposed to reorganise the set-up to be more professional and do away with all the mismanagement and petty corruption that had plagued BAM so long.
    3) Today his set-up could be seen as an improvement but the old problems of inadequate money, slow payment etc etc are still around. People know his ability as a corporate man, but not his knowledge of badminton.Some doubt his commitment,he may not really know problems hands on.
    4) Government funds and sponsor money is available on paper, but they take time to trickle down why is this so, fact is in many organisations funds are available only in theory, they may have been diverted to other uses as directed by the politicians behind the scene.
    5) Perhaps this character is not hands on, he doesn't know players are having problems, he is away, Ganga may be closer to the action, he tries to be a hero and endorses a deal to solve the problem quickly before it worsens.
    6) This character wakes up, he feels undermined as his status and that of the car is at stake, he postures and takes it out on Ganga.
    7) Now his political bosses bring in the MACC to frighten people who dare to challenge the management.
    8) He is aware of his failure as a chairman of the coaching committee and gives it up, and maybe now wants to spend more time on this object so that his car does not get undermined. There is however no question why the players are paid so slowly and why the association is always short of money, definitely money is peanuts to this man, but not necessarily true of people he is in cohort with.
    Now I don't claim that my story is true, it is mainly based on the postings of the members of BC, I absolve all responsibility in case of lawsuits, the above analysis is merely hypothetical subject to critical review by anyone reading this post.
    Last edited by Bbn; 07-05-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Every endorsement or major sponsorship deals there is a kickback in it. Thats why Nazmi was not happy over the ING Issue.
    That may be the general perception but is that always true? This is a very serious accusation against all the BAM sponsors and their "champions" who were instrumental in securing such sponsorships. I would advise everyone to be a little more circumspect to avoid possible legal liability. No one is guilty until proven in a court of law.
    Bbn, I think you are caught in a time machine that spins so fast that you have lost your bearings.
    As you can see above I was responding to Ants' post and what is wrong with it? It is what a prudent person would try to avoid because of legal consequences.

I think you got your facts wrong. BAM was in favour of the ING deal in which ING would take prominence re advertising their name over Proton.
    However, BAM was not awre of this agent and the cut he was supposed to get. ING also claims that they were not aware of the use of an agent and the agent's commission.
    To go ahead with such a "shady" deal would be the talk of the town. So the rest is now history and now the deck has been thoroughly cleaned for less hanky panky deals. BTW, ING is still a contender for future deals but I suspect they and BAM would want to ensure nobody gets a huge bite.
    Of course BAM could always get funding if funds are critically short. BTW, the government did inject enough money into BAM just before the Thomas Cup.

An about turn? Of course it is not because it is not conjecture but reported in the media.

Of course politics get in the way at BAM. But there is nothing wrong with politics if they are not politics from the government but only involve the management of BAM.
    Any sports association have to be involved in "politics" provided they are not of a governmental nature. Otherwise, you will be too dependent on the government for funds to run your association. When governments give out too much money they want to have a say, which means political interference.
    That is why sports associations will have to get a larger percent of their funds on their own with just a little from the government.
    Sponsorships is thus a major source. The man at the top should be given the sole responsibilty to secure such funding. Others in BAM are there to assist him or her. If the president of BAM were to delegate this important responsibilty to his subordinate then why elect him as a president?
    BTW, a secretary or a treasurer should have no business in soliciting funding, as it could lead to conflict of interest especially if the treasurer is involved.

What is your problem with this? BAM is to all intents and purposes self-financing, although it sometimes gets a large one-off cash injection or donation from the government, so long as the government does not interfere with its management.

BTW, it is not possible for something to be discussed and agreed to by the BAM Council without knowledge of the president, even if the president is away during the adoption of that issue. Do you know why? Everything that is passsed by the BAM Council must have certain compliances to be legally binding.
    One is the topic or subject must have been in the meeting agenda sent out earlier by the president. Two, the meeting must discuss and pass the topic. Three, the most important, is that whatever that was passed by the BAM Council must be recorded in writing called minutes of the meeting and these minutes must be signed by the president. Otherwise all such meetings are useless. The president also cannot avoid responsibilty by saying that he was not at the meeting when a certain issue was passed. Damn it he signed the minutes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the real Richard Nixon please stand up?

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast