User Tag List

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: BAM news

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MACC should go kacau them... lol..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    MACC should go kacau them... lol..
    hahaha..i am sure they have better things to do la..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's another thought in relation to the latest "Isolation" training trip:
    if it really came down to giving the players more focused training, more rest time, less distractions etc., why didn't the MAS squad go to India last yr to prepare and train for 11-12 days in advance? is it because it's still in the Asia region and they could still adjust to the weather and time? or is it because they didn't have any MOU agreement with a university there? or maybe they wanted to avoid another food poisoning episode as experienced by Datuk LCW?..or something else??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-17-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that time india was in terrorism mood... a few booming incidents happened. n of cos, india got nothing to enjoy also, so no use go there early... lol (not like england, just a perfect vacation, considering organization pay the expenses...:P)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keigo911 View Post
    that time india was in terrorism mood... a few booming incidents happened. n of cos, india got nothing to enjoy also, so no use go there early... lol (not like england, just a perfect vacation, considering organization pay the expenses...:P)
    although you didn't missed the main point completely

what you said is true if we assumed bam looked into:

terrorism (safety for players, trainers, coaches & officials)

scenery (not much different to hometown to excite the players' mood in training preparation)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keigo911 View Post
    that time india was in terrorism mood... a few booming incidents happened.
    ..if it's because of terrorism/bombings incidents, they could've trained at Madagascar, an island separate from India..just like what they will be doing in England (on a separate island from France)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    here's another thought in relation to the latest "Isolation" training trip:
    if it really came down to giving the players more focused training, more rest time, less distractions etc., why didn't the MAS squad go to India last yr to prepare and train for 11-12 days in advance? is it because it's still in the Asia region and they could still adjust to the weather and time? or is it because they didn't have any MOU agreement with a university there? or maybe they wanted to avoid another food poisoning episode as experienced by Datuk LCW?..or something else??..
    Reasoning is very simple... no one wanted to go to India. No offense if there is Indian Citizen reading this post. If there is an opportunity to go either Europe and Japan.. everyone agree and want to be the first inline to go. Maybe also due to better facility i guess..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mmail.com.my/print/content/43317-cold-shower

COLD SHOWER

By ikram
    Created Friday, July 16th

Shuttlers to train in different environment for Paris meet

Haresh Deol [1]

Friday, July 16th, 2010 10:42:00

[2]
    KUALA LUMPUR:
    The faces of the players and coaches said it all. They opted to keep mum for obvious reasons but the shuttlers involved in the World Championships in Paris next month were clearly not keen to train at the University of Bath in UK — some 400km away from the venue.

Mailsport learnt a "large contingent" will fly off to UK for a 10-day training stint ahead of the World Championships in the French capital on Aug 23 – 29.

“What can we say? The weather and training hall in Bath are different from Paris. Also, Paris is an hour ahead of Bath. We should go straight to Paris,” said a player who pleaded not to be named.

“Obviously we can’t speak out. We should have been consulted before decision was made,” said a coach. Some claimed the trip was to merely justify the need for a "training base" in UK in preparation for the 2012 London Olympics. The Sports Ministry, through the National Sports Institute, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the University of Bath early this year to use the varsity’s facilities.

Nevertheless, National Sports Institute (NSI) director-general Datuk Dr Ramlan Aziz (pic) explained the move was "cost effective" and done "in the best interest of the players".
    “I need to speak with them (players). I have a good relationship with them and they need to hear this from me,” said Ramlan who plans to meet the players upon his return from Kota Kinabalu next week.

“We do it for a good reason. I know there are several people who are a little unhappy and some speculated that it will cost a lot. The fact is spending 10 days in Bath is way cheaper than in Paris as we will get to use good facilities any time of the day."
    Ramlan pointed out the players would be able to settle down and get acclimatised with the weather ahead of the World Championships.

NSI have a physiologist on attachment with the University and the players' fitness levels will be monitored. Also, Ramlan feels this is the best time to test the place as a forward base for future major tournaments on the continent.
    "NSI have the players’ best interest at heart. We have an investment in their performance. It will take time for us to convince them but they have to have faith in us,” he added.

As I guessed, politician got something to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2010 World Championships: Paris is the venue

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    http://www.mmail.com.my/print/content/43317-cold-shower

COLD SHOWER

Mailsport learnt a "large contingent" will fly off to UK for a 10-day training stint ahead of the .

“What can we say? The weather and training hall in Bath are different from Paris. Also, Paris is an hour ahead of Bath. We should go straight to Paris,” said a player who pleaded not to be named.
    Yes, I definitely agree that players should get familiar with the venue, climate, etc... conditions.

IMHO, going to Bath is not the right/correct place to settle down and to get acclimatised with the weather ahead of the 2010 World Championships.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah
    some people tell me:claim half million from the source and spend quater million
    the rest
    dont know go where(u know go where?i think u know)
    lol
    see
    not just a player or a coach who complain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course the player would complain. I mean how exciting can Bath be compared to Paris?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now something is not right

i thought the purpose of the remote training is to get a good preparation for wc 2010

and to get accustomed to the weather in paris

or is it to prepare now

for olympic 2012 in london?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is more about the BAM vs BWF dispute re the Premier SS for 2011, www.mmail.com.my/content/43486-no-blunders.

Frankly, I think it was the correct decision to leave out Malaysia, even if Malaysia has offered the same prize money as China, England, and Denmark.
    But the reasons given by the BWF were a bit wishy washy and not convincing.
    Both the S. Korea and Malaysia events in 2011 would be held too close together, one week apart. Now if you have only 5 Premier SS spread over a year it would make sense to spread them as evenly as possible.
    S. Korea got it over Malaysia by such a huge margin, in prize money term, that it raises some suspicion that only a huge offer would fend off any suspicion. Had S. Korea made a prize money offer of say US$50,000 over Malysia's offer (England, Denmark, China offered exactly the same prize money as Malaysia), then awarding it to S.Korea might have raised some questions because the BWF is a South Korean. By upping its prize money to what it hopes to be beyond any suspicion of conflict of interest is in itself more suspicious.
    In the end only S. Korea, Indonesia, China, Denmark, and England were awarded the 5 Premier SS rights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Here is more about the BAM vs BWF dispute re the Premier SS for 2011, www.mmail.com.my/content/43486-no-blunders.

Frankly, I think it was the correct decision to leave out Malaysia, even if Malaysia has offered the same prize money as China, England, and Denmark.
    But the reasons given by the BWF were a bit wishy washy and not convincing.
    Both the S. Korea and Malaysia events in 2011 would be held too close together, one week apart. Now if you have only 5 Premier SS spread over a year it would make sense to spread them as evenly as possible.
    S. Korea got it over Malaysia by such a huge margin, in prize money term, that it raises some suspicion that only a huge offer would fend off any suspicion. Had S. Korea made a prize money offer of say US$50,000 over Malysia's offer (England, Denmark, China offered exactly the same prize money as Malaysia), then awarding it to S.Korea might have raised some questions because the BWF president is a South Korean. By upping its prize money to what it hopes to be beyond any suspicion of conflict of interest is in itself more suspicious.
    In the end only S. Korea, Indonesia, China, Denmark, and England were awarded the 5 Premier SS rights.
    A missing word, very important one too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like this bath thingy is a farce. Suspicious. Pls send MACC go kacau. Am fond with MACC. I would prefer paris training. Physiology should be prepared long term. All these are too short term based. Wake up BAM, NSI. Sad to see that no one in BAM take control of their destiny? Allowing NSI to disrupt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MoU still costs half a million... under table is flooding now... lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chin Chai: Let back-up players feature in C’wealth Games

We should be having our back-up players to win honours at the Commonwealth Games and also the SEA Games,” he said. “The badminton competitions in these Games are regarded as B grade. And New Delhi will certainly be the last time for our top players in the Commonwealth Games.
    “The coaches will be challenged to prepare back-up players to win gold medals in the Commonwealth Games and SEA Games while the elite shuttlers will be primed to excel in the Olympics, Asian Games, Thomas Cup Finals and world championships.”
    This will be Chin Chai’s recommendation as he also doubles up as the BAM’s coaching and training committee chairman.
    “I will do my best to implement these changes. We need to push our back-up players to achieve these targets,” he said.
    Chin Chai said that Peng Soon and Liu Ying were selected based on their success in winning the Thailand Open this year.
    “Besides the mixed doubles, they will be the reserves for the mixed team event. This will be a good platform for them to achieve breakthroughs,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...163&sec=sports

1st
    this is a correct move
    2nd
    i dont know there is a thailand open this year,this is funny