User Tag List

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: BAM news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a correct move. LOL, it wasn't Thailand anyway, if they said India Open, the mistake won't be that serious, lol. BAC...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Only if Malaysia is OK to miss out on Gold in the mixed team event at the 2010 CWG

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    We should be having our back-up players to win honours at the Commonwealth Games and also the SEA Games,” he said. “The badminton competitions in these Games are regarded as B grade. And New Delhi will certainly be the last time for our top players in the Commonwealth Games.
    “The coaches will be challenged to prepare back-up players to win gold medals in the Commonwealth Games and SEA Games while the elite shuttlers will be primed to excel in the Olympics, Asian Games, Thomas Cup Finals and world championships.”
    This will be Chin Chai’s recommendation as he also doubles up as the BAM’s coaching and training committee chairman.
    “I will do my best to implement these changes. We need to push our back-up players to achieve these targets,” he said.
    Chin Chai said that Peng Soon and Liu Ying were selected based on their success in winning the Thailand Open this year.
    “Besides the mixed doubles, they will be the reserves for the mixed team event. This will be a good platform for them to achieve breakthroughs,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...163&sec=sports

1st
    this is a correct move
    2nd
    i dont know there is a thailand open this year,this is funny
    Only if Chin Chai thinks that Malaysia is OK to miss out on Gold in the mixed team event at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, India.

At the last 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, Australia, Malaysian MS (LCW), MD (KKK/CTF) and WS(WMC) were much stronger than many players from other nations. But this year, it will be a different story as I am worried that WMC, with her carrying injuries, cannot win her WS event for sure.

The Malaysian WD might be able to help win the mixed team event, but it won't be easy.

Malaysian XD were usually rather weak in the past Commonwealth Games. Hope that Chan Peng Soon and Goh Liu Ying can raise the Malaysian XD standard from now on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the mixed team event this year, I am confident that LCW and KKK-TBH will win 2. For the final one, I am putting my bet on CPS/GLY and CEH/WPT. Their toughest challenger will be India for sure, as I can see India beating them 3-2.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Just hope that Chan Peng Soon and Goh Liu Ying can change our course in history

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    For the mixed team event this year, I am confident that LCW and KKK-TBH will win 2. For the final one, I am putting my bet on CPS/GLY and CEH/WPT. Their toughest challenger will be India for sure, as I can see India beating them 3-2.
    Yes, IND is much stronger now in WS; with Saina Nehwal.

Traditionally, ENG has always being stronger in XD in past Commonwealth Games.

Just hope that Chan Peng Soon and Goh Liu Ying can change our course in history at this 2010 Commonwealth Games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

India will be tough opponent for Msia..
    Saina in WS,Diju/jwala in XD,jwala/ponapa in WD.

Big chance for jwala ponapa to win it cause wpt still struggle with her knee injure..

in WS,saina also has more chance..
    Track record 3-0 for saina(correct if im wrong)

MS
    LCW probably just will got some ichy from Kashap,Rajiv..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    India will be tough opponent for Msia..
    Saina in WS,Diju/jwala in XD,jwala/ponapa in WD.

Big chance for jwala ponapa to win it cause wpt still struggle with her knee injure..

in WS,saina also has more chance..
    Track record 3-0 for saina(correct if im wrong)

MS
    LCW probably just will got some ichy from Kashap,Rajiv..
    3-0 is for 2010, but actually before that, WMC has a perfect record against Saina. Unfortunately, I don't think results before 2010 count to predict who wins. If we lose, we will lose the WD, XD and the WS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    3-0 is for 2010, but actually before that, WMC has a perfect record against Saina. Unfortunately, I don't think results before 2010 count to predict who wins. If we lose, we will lose the WD, XD and the WS.
    Yep but its 2010 Track record and show both of their perfom before the CG..
    as we know mewcho perform not so good since injure.
    all the best

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI.
    Are these correct appointments?

Badminton: BAM rings in the changes

2010/07/26
    K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nst.com.my

THE people entrusted with the mission of changing the course of Malaysian badminton have been chosen.

BA of Malaysia (BAM) coaching and training committee chairman Ng Chin Chai has handpicked a group of experts with the technical knowledge and who have played at various levels.

Chin Chai, who is also the BAM secretary, has included five current national coaches and four council members as well as former international Datuk James Selvaraj in the new-look committee which will have its first meeting on Aug 5.

BAM general manager Kenny Goh will be the secretary of the coaching and training committee which has treasurer Datuk Lim Teong Kiat, an experienced official active in the development of the sport, Kedah BA president Teoh Teng Chor, Penang BA secretary Tony Tan and Sarawak BA secretary Abdul Hadi Abdul Kadir.

Also in the committee are national coaches Misbun Sidek, Rashid Sidek, Rexy Mainaky, Tan Kim Her and Hendrawan. Two more will be nominated by the National Sports Council and National Sports Institute.

Chin Chai said the council members who have been chosen were either former players or experienced coaches.

BAM has promised major changes in improving its administration at various levels in line with the goal of seeing the national shuttlers achieving success in the major events.

"All the 14 members have been actively involved in the sport at different levels as a player or as an official. I want them to contribute their views in order to bring positive changes to Malaysian badminton," said Chin Chai.

"The coaching and training committee is a crucial component of a national body and if we are talking about changing the mindset of the coaches and players, we have to have the right people to help implement those changes.

"All these individuals have plenty of experience and their input will be valuable. We have also included the five most experienced coaches in the committee as their feedback is very important in decision-making."

BAM has also been mulling over the appointment of a high performance director to overlook the national training set-up. Chin Chai said the association has not been sitting on the issue.

Chin Chai confirmed that he had held discussions with James and Kwan Yoke Meng, two of the leading candidates to land the job, and is also in touch with several other candidates who have the potential to play the role.

Although a decision has yet to be made, it is understood that James may get the nod due to his experience as a former international, coach and also as an experienced manager in the corporate field.

BAM is likely to hold a council meeting just before the Wold Championships in Paris on Aug 23-29 where the candidate could be revealed.

The Coaching and Training Committee -- Ng Chin Chai, Kenny Goh, Datuk Lim Teong Kiat, Datuk James Selvaraj, Teoh Teng Chor, Tony Tan, Abdul Hadi Abdul Kadir, Misbun Sidek, Rashid Sidek, Rexy Mainaky, Tan Kim Her, Hendrawan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=nokh88;1486911]
    FYI.
    Are these correct appointments?

Badminton: BAM rings in the changes

why are you fonts so small??

it already reflected to your own answer lol

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia;1486961 [SIZE=1
    why are you fonts so small??[/SIZE]

it already reflected to your own answer lol
    Font Size : Sorry, got problem with the new software.
    Your answer : Noted with thanks.
    Last edited by nokh88; 07-25-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up I am glad that BAM is trying to make Badminton better for Malaysia

All we need is some results later; to show if BAM is going in the right direction.

But I am glad that BAM is trying to make Badminton better for Malaysia.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default On the ball: It's about time to rock the boat

WHY are Malaysian sports associations so resistant to change? This has been a problem for so long that more and more Malaysians are giving up hope that the country will ever be a superpower in major sports like football, hockey and even badminton.

The BA of Malaysia, even if it chooses to deny it, is facing problems with both players and coaches and recent results are proof of this yet it isn't taking concrete action to check the rot.

In fact, certain players and coaches are being allowed to do as they like and this is having an adverse effect on the entire structure. BAM even has the reputation of being so kind that players don't, even if they fail over and over again, have to worry about being dropped from the squad.

They are given so many chances to come good that it has become a joke and the only way a player can leave the national squad is if he or she decides to resign.

This has been at the expense of quality and the fact that BAM had to include professional Wong Choong Hann in the disastrous Thomas Cup campaign reinforces the seriousness of the problems in badminton but other than president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh giving up the coaching and training committee post, the national body hasn't really taken any concrete steps forward more than two months after Malaysia failed at the Putra Stadium.

BAM has talked about it but being the only sport to have delivered medals at the Olympics, it has to be more dynamic in its administration.

Still, BAM is definitely better run than many other associations and the Malaysian Hockey Federation is one of those which needs a hefty dose of professionalism in its administration.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...treply&t=82566

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up It is great that Malaysia has won her 1st medal at the Olympic Games (in 2008)

BAM has talked about it but being the only sport to have delivered medals at the Olympics......

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...treply&t=82566
    It is great that Malaysia has won her 1st medal at the Olympic Games (in 2008); which is from Badminton.

Many countries are still trying to win one
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-26-2010 at 02:25 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u sure we didnt win anything in 1992 and 1996?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Perhaps, our other BCers can give us more info on this

u sure we didnt win anything in 1992 and 1996?
    I believe that Malaysia has only won one, and only one, medal at the Olympic Games (which is a Silver medal won by LCW at Badminton in 2008).

Perhaps, our other BCers can give us more info about this.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder what rashid sidek won in 1992
    and what yap/cheah won in 1996 in the final against rexy/ricky
    i think jalani/razif also in 1992

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to agree with limsy boy this time