User Tag List

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: BAM news

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    i think you have not read the full news

so you got all your comments wrong
    That is not right because I have read all the news referenced in this thread plus the following 3.

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    What is going on?
    1. www.mmail.com.my/content/46270-passing-buck
    2. www.mmail.com.my/content/45825-tale-four-datuks
    3. www.mmail.com.my/content/45759-or-without-you

If Misbun had not earlier given notice of opting out after having been informed of the Bath training, then opting out so late, ostensibly for personal reasons, in the game is puzzling and quite frankly is irresponsible.
    I think the Coaching and Training Committee is being too lenient on him by allowing for special treatment for him. LCW is being dragged into this as he is torn between loyalty to Misbun and his duty to the nation.
    As I see it the NSC, NSI, and BAM are in agreement to send the players to Bath after consulting all the coaches. Of course training in a place that is in the same time zone as the World Championship venue for at least a week is more desirable than training in Malaysia that is 8 hours ahead of the competition time zone. How can the players and the coaches challenge that? After all (coaches or coaching coordinators) were obviously consulted on this and apparently there was no disagreement. The trouble started when Misbun wanted out at the last minute instead of sounding out his objection earlier.
    Following that, Rexy, without much rational thinking, jumps to the conclusion that since Misbun and LCW are not going then all should not go but should stay behind and train together in KL instead. Then there are reported grumblings from some players about going to Bath to train. This is nonsense because if true it reflects the irresponsibility of the coaching coordinators for not informing the players.
    The coaching coordinators are committee members of the Coaching & Training Committee, and once the C&TC has made a decision the coaches and players toe the line. Now we have Misbun, a committee member of the C&TC, having been a party to the collective decision of the committee, opting out instead of saying so at the C&TC meeting when the idea to train in the UK was discussed.
    I think the coaching coordinators either have no backbone or are poor managers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow It is because Misbun Sidek has to stay back due to his ailing wife

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    That is not right because I have read all the news referenced in this thread plus the following 3.

As I see it the NSC, NSI, and BAM are in agreement to send the players to Bath after consulting all the coaches. Of course training in a place that is in the same time zone as the World Championship venue for at least a week is more desirable than training in Malaysia that is 8 hours ahead of the competition time zone. How can the players and the coaches challenge that? After all (coaches or coaching coordinators) were obviously consulted on this and apparently there was no disagreement. The trouble started when Misbun wanted out at the last minute instead of sounding out his objection earlier.
    Following that, Rexy, without much rational thinking, jumps to the conclusion that since Misbun and LCW are not going then all should not go but should stay behind and train together in KL instead. Then there are reported grumblings from some players about going to Bath to train. This is nonsense because if true it reflects the irresponsibility of the coaching coordinators for not informing the players.
    The coaching coordinators are committee members of the Coaching & Training Committee, and once the C&TC has made a decision the coaches and players toe the line. Now we have Misbun, a committee member of the C&TC, having been a party to the collective decision of the committee, opting out instead of saying so at the C&TC meeting when the idea to train in the UK was discussed.
    I think the coaching coordinators either have no backbone or are poor managers.
    It is not that BAM coaching coordinators have no backbone or are poor managers; It is because Misbun Sidek has to stay back due to his ailing wife who has been suffering from Kidney problem. And therefore, LCW also stayed back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    It is not that BAM coaching coordinators have no backbone or are poor managers; It is because Misbun Sidek has to stay back due to his ailing wife who has been suffering from Kidney problem. And therefore, LCW also stayed back.
    Actually, if one reads the malay press, LCW did voice out his objection but was told it would not be fair to the other players, so he had to agree to go. I dont quite believe NSI & NSC's statement that the coaches didnt say anything. When it comes to these government things it called a "directive"('diarahkan' ) means ordered to go, no objections allowed.

As for Rexy, he could not follow them to England due to visa problems, so it's understandable he would prefer his players to stay. If we, the general public knew the players(& coaches) were not keen to go when it was 1st announced, I find it hard to believe NSC didnt know.

The difference between England & Paris I think has already been highlighted earlier.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow BAM players except for World No.1, Lee Chong Wei, are in Bath

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Actually, if one reads the malay press, LCW did voice out his objection but was told it would not be fair to the other players, so he had to agree to go. I dont quite believe NSI & NSC's statement that the coaches didnt say anything. When it comes to these government things it called a "directive"('diarahkan' ) means ordered to go, no objections allowed.

As for Rexy, he could not follow them to England due to visa problems, so it's understandable he would prefer his players to stay. If we, the general public knew the players(& coaches) were not keen to go when it was 1st announced, I find it hard to believe NSC didnt know.

The difference between England & Paris I think has already been highlighted earlier.
    But LCW didn't go; according to this article:
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...658&sec=sports

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But LCW didn't go; according to this article:
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...658&sec=sports
    I mean earlier stage, when it was 1st announced, before Misbun told NSC & BAM he couldnt go.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    the relationship is unlike how u guys look in the press interview or what so ever
    a bit more complicated
    hehe
    but most of u get it right except .........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that.....

must be mr.t

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow We would like to know what you are thinking

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    lol
    the relationship is unlike how u guys look in the press interview or what so ever
    a bit more complicated
    hehe
    but most of u get it right except .........
    Finish your sentence limsy. We would like to know what you are thinking.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rashid: No excuses for players

“This is probably what the players needed as they are just focused on preparations without any hindrance.We have four courts at the multi-purpose hall and the two sessions of training are well spent,” said Rashid.
    “The players have already gotten adjusted to the time difference and they are getting adapted to playing in a cool climate and the advantage is that Paris is just one hour away from Bristol.

“We will have two more training sessions tomorrow (today) and there will be a break on Monday where the players will go to Bristol which 10 minutes away. After that, there will be another three days of training before we leave for Paris on Friday.”

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/R...layers/Article

so if lcw lost,he can excuse?

BAM’s hi-tech centre plan hits a snag

“The BAM were told that the land at Cochrane Road has been given to another ministry and any attempts to change that would be a lengthy process,” said Chin Chai.

“As such, it was suggested to us that we should consider building our centre in Labu. Our president (Nadzmi), Datuk Zolkples and several other officials visited the site. But nothing has been decided yet. We are still looking for a suitable venue.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...580&sec=sports
    lol
    this always happen in malaysia
    as the one upstair dont know what happen downstair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact is that Misbun already voiced his intention of not going to overseas too much due to his wife's medical condition. NSC and BAM is aware of it. Thats why you dont see Misbun going to overseas while LCW was playing this year. Misbun is just in KL most of the time... going to stadium, home and hospital/clinic...
    He still very much want to take care of LCW but he knows that LCW can take care of himself with the guidance of other coaches. He might wanna take a break from coaching after WC... or at least just want to stay in Msia for coaching and not going overseas with LCW.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes it is as simple as that

and yet taneepak has a lot to say
    i say, taneepak,

you sound like an old broken down radio

tuned to a russian station in the middle of the night.

why don't you tune to post #427

and start again?
    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    The fact is that Misbun already voiced his intention of not going to overseas too much due to his wife's medical condition. NSC and BAM is aware of it. Thats why you dont see Misbun going to overseas while LCW was playing this year. Misbun is just in KL most of the time... going to stadium, home and hospital/clinic...
    He still very much want to take care of LCW but he knows that LCW can take care of himself with the guidance of other coaches. He might wanna take a break from coaching after WC... or at least just want to stay in Msia for coaching and not going overseas with LCW.
    This is ok so long as there are other coaches to take over from Misbun. Misbun is a professional and like all true professionals he knows that he is not indispensable. The "show must go on". Then why does LCW have to stay back in KL with Misbun? Why are the NSC/BAM still meeting with Misbun to discuss this if they know that Misbun is not a "full-time" coach and has been avoiding overseas trips?
    The fact that the new chairman of the C&TC has indicated that this special arrangement for Misbun/LCW is a one-time deal reflects his concern that such special treatment could be detrimental to the morale of the other coaches/players.
    Not so long ago coaches and players were complaining of too much distraction when training in KL which was one of the reasons why they did poorly in the TC and UC. Bath will certainly cut off all such distractions. So why is LCW refusing to go to Bath with the boys and girls without Misbun? Is it out of loyalty to Misbun?
    Maybe the new high performance director will bring some order and discipline when he is on board. We need one rule for everyone with no special favors or treatment for anyone unless there is an overriding and compelling reason that all the other coaches and players will accept. Otherwise it will breed resentment and affect morale adversely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow The thread about Labu, Negeri Sembilan

BAM’s hi-tech centre plan hits a snag

“The BAM were told that the land at Cochrane Road has been given to another ministry and any attempts to change that would be a lengthy process,” said Chin Chai.

“As such, it was suggested to us that we should consider building our centre in Labu. Our president (Nadzmi), Datuk Zolkples and several other officials visited the site. But nothing has been decided yet. We are still looking for a suitable venue.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...580&sec=sports
    lol
    this always happen in malaysia
    as the one upstair dont know what happen downstair
    Yes, I have started a thread about Labu in this thread located at:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...egeri-Sembilan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand your predicament on the setup and in regards to Special treatment in BAM Eepak. Well what can we do? We are not in charge of BAM. I do support Discipline in BAM towards their Coaches as well as players... but again.. they only want short term result and what needed to be done now.. consequences..deal later or sweep under the carpet. Sigh... me too very disappointed as well..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow We do not want this thread to be locked or closed

Hi BCers,

Let us be gentler with our words.

We do not want this thread to be locked or closed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    I understand your predicament on the setup and in regards to Special treatment in BAM Eepak. Well what can we do? We are not in charge of BAM. I do support Discipline in BAM towards their Coaches as well as players... but again.. they only want short term result and what needed to be done now.. consequences..deal later or sweep under the carpet. Sigh... me too very disappointed as well..
    From what I can gather here, only Koo Kien Keat and Rashid Sidek, are showing some leadership quality. Rexy flips and flops.
    Is LCW so dependent on Misbun that he will not do well if Misbun is not available? I find this hard to believe.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rashid sidek had leadership
    this must be in the jokes thread
    hahahahahahahaha
    this should be a good laugh that can made me sleep nicely
    poor malaysia future in ms was wasted for 3 year in his hand
    leadership
    i think it start with b

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“This is probably what the players needed as they are just focused on preparations without any hindrance.We have four courts at the multi-purpose hall and the two sessions of training are well spent,” said Rashid.
    “The players have already gotten adjusted to the time difference and they are getting adapted to playing in a cool climate and the advantage is that Paris is just one hour away from Bristol.

“We will have two more training sessions tomorrow (today) and there will be a break on Monday where the players will go to Bristol which 10 minutes away. After that, there will be another three days of training before we leave for Paris on Friday.”

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/R...layers/Article

so if lcw lost,he can excuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Kien Keat urges team-mates to have positive thinking ahead of world meet

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: All the world championship-bound shuttlers except for Lee Chong Wei left yesterday for a centralised training stint at the Bath University in England.
    And Koo Kien Keat, who is one of the most senior players in the side, is determined to inspire his team-mates to make the best out of the short stint ahead of the world championships, which will be held in Paris from Aug 23-29.
    The doubles ace vowed to keep the morale of team high during the stint, which had received negative vibes from several players and coaches.
    Just a day ago, national doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky hoped that the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) would abort the plan to train in Bath, especially after Chong Wei and coach Misbun Sidek had been given exemption to opt out of the stint.
    He felt that it was best for the team to train together.
    The BAM, however, decided to stick to the plan as the coaches had not raise any objections during a meeting to finalise the stint several weeks ago.
    Kien Keat said that the BAM had made a final decision and it was for the players to take it on a positive note.
    “I think, the training in Bath will be a good thing. If we choose to take it positively, it will all go smoothly. It is all about one’s mind set,” he said.
    Some players and coaches felt that the lack of sparring players and a change of environment to a boring one would affect morale ahead of the world championships.
    “All the facilities are within the compounds of the university. I heard that the place is quite quiet. This is good as there will not be too many distractions. We can be more disciplined and focused,” said Kien Keat.
    “Here (in Kuala Lumpur), you will find it hard to object when a friend invites you to go out or sometimes, we can be occupied answering phone calls. It is not that all these are bad but in Bath, we will have more time to concentrate on our game.
    “I will influence my team-mates to make the best out of their stay in Bath. We need only one player to get excited and the rest will follow.”
    On his chances with Tan Boon Heong in the world championships, Kien Keat said: “We neither expected a tough nor a favourable draw. The challenge in the doubles is quite open and it is never easy from the early rounds.”
    Top seeds Kien Keat-Boon Heong are in the same quarter with China’s Chai Biao-Zhang Nan and South Koreans Lee Yong-dae-Jung Jae-sung.
    “We will probably meet the Chinese (third ranked) pair in the third round. This will be an important match for us,” said Kien Keat.
    “A win in a confident manner will certainly give us extra motivation against the Koreans if we meet them in the quarter-finals. We will give our best to go as far as possible in the championships.”
    Besides Kien Keat-Boon Heong, the other players for the world championships who left yesterday for the stint in Bath were Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Wong Mew Choo, Lydia Cheah and Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying.
    Accompanying them were sparring partners Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Lok Chong Chieh, Mak Hee Chun, Tan Wee Kiong and Lim Khim Wah and coaches Pang Cheh Chang, Jeremy Gan and Rashid Sidek.

I don't wish to see those players who is in Bath currently on their facebook ok?

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...349&sec=sports

In the context of this current Bath/KL/Misbun problem the above, in my opinion, do reflect some leadership quality. Kien Keat and Rashid at least try to pull the team together. Limsy, what is your take on this?

rashid sidek had leadership
    this must be in the jokes thread
    hahahahahahahaha
    this should be a good laugh that can made me sleep nicely
    poor malaysia future in ms was wasted for 3 year in his hand
    leadership
    i think it start with b