User Tag List

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: BAM news

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I recall correctly, BAM also did a similar thing in 2006 when they sent the WC-bound players to a centralized training in Spain for exactly the same reasons cited as going to Bath.

Result: only Koo Kien Keat/Wong Pei Tty delivered a Bronze Medal (correct me if I am wrong).

I wonder what was the verdict of the centralized training then...was it considered a success or a big failure?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And since when Misbun is not a "full-time" coach?

In PBSI, I also don't think the head coach in XD (Richard Mainaky) has been going to international tournaments. But that does not undermine his position or authority as the head coach.

He is only willing to travel to countries that are not far from INA (like Singapore). He is not even in the team going to Paris as well (although Nova/Butet are the top-seed in XD). Yanty Kusmiati (the assistant coach) will be there. I am also not sure whether Sigit Pamungkas (head coach in MD) will be there considering only one Pelatnas pair (Rian/Yoke) will be there and Rian/Yoke will be facing Kido/Hendra in early rounds too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow
    talk in press interview show leadership?

rashid may have politic skill
    but leadership?he didnt even qualify.

u can ask autie pj
    she is the one who ask rashid why our player get so few tournament
    this happen in 2010 mo,which in january
    rashid said the amount is enough for the player

and after few month
    he said in press interview that he hope back up player get more tournament

he is talking bxxxxxx which i amaze when people really believe what he said

he often complain about mas back up quality after he get promoted
    but who in charge of the 2010-2012 project for ms???
    do u want me to give u answer?

politician always made u believe they have leadership skill
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    If I recall correctly, BAM also did a similar thing in 2006 when they sent the WC-bound players to a centralized training in Spain for exactly the same reasons cited as going to Bath.

Result: only Koo Kien Keat/Wong Pei Tty delivered a Bronze Medal (correct me if I am wrong).

I wonder what was the verdict of the centralized training then...was it considered a success or a big failure?
    centralized training - thats a very hard question to answer

as far as i know not all coaches n malaysia agrees to this concept

And since when Misbun is not a "full-time" coach?

In PBSI, I also don't think the head coach in XD (Richard Mainaky) has been going to international tournaments. But that does not undermine his position or authority as the head coach.

He is only willing to travel to countries that are not far from INA (like Singapore). He is not even in the team going to Paris as well (although Nova/Butet are the top-seed in XD). Yanty Kusmiati (the assistant coach) will be there. I am also not sure whether Sigit Pamungkas (head coach in MD) will be there considering only one Pelatnas pair (Rian/Yoke) will be there and Rian/Yoke will be facing Kido/Hendra in early rounds too.
    misbun is still a full-time coach

you probably read this in post #438

i wonder why anyone can get away with this kind of info

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was considered a big failure, with the same NSC Director(datuk Z) making a lot of noise of spending almost half a million RM but end up no WC. But now, since they're the ones who want to have it(NSI, Sports Ministry)........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderator should create a 'battle' thread for all. So that all the side tracks can be collected there. Am sure bcers would mind the slinging on the other side. Life is short fren. Enjoy.

I like george comment on 'no facebook'. KKK better deliver something. Else, he will get whacked by those who disagree with going to bath.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default We should wait for the results for this coming 2010 BWF World Championships in Paris

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    It was considered a big failure, with the same NSC Director(datuk Z) making a lot of noise of spending almost half a million RM but end up no WC. But now, since they're the ones who want to have it(NSI, Sports Ministry)........
    Perhaps, we should wait for the results for this coming 2010 BWF World Championships in Paris.

If BAM players do perform well, some would say that going to Bath was helpful.

But if BAM players fail to perform well, some would say that going to Bath was a waste of money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post

If BAM players do perform well, some would say that going to Bath was helpful.

But if BAM players fail to perform well, some would say that going to Bath was a waste of money.

No, No, got 2 different group : those who went & those who didnt

If LCW AND KKK/TBH dont do well, as in win the WC, then go or no go same
    If ALL do well, same conclusion..
    If those who went do well, those who didnt dont, then they will say go Bath good
    If those who didnt go do well but those who went didnt, then going is no good

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My concern is actually with the sending of sparring partners who are not even competing in the WC like Mak Hee Chun/Tan Wee Kiong and Lim Khim Wah. If Koo/Tan lost early (likely to be in QF), they may as well train in KL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any news on other countries like China and Indonesia? What's their preparation plan like? Anyone know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All in papers. LYB said his players are not well prepared and it'll be lucky to win 3 titles.

Mentioned that LD is the only China player in form and it is a matter of how hard he wants it.

Oh, oh someone is going to remind me that this is a BAM thread, stick to the topic etc.etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, this means that only BAM got this idea of training remotely. Lets hope for a good result.

Am concerned that this just gives more pressure to the players since they are the odd one out for such training.

Anyway, training committed. So lets make sure that its boleh!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my personal opinion..Forum is a good place for discussion..but if anyone is so concern about BAM's thingy....you guys should call or write to BAM...better express your opinion to them than here......talking with no action is no use.
    If you guys love badminton....get yourselves involved ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My predictions on how far the MAS players will go in the WC 2010:
    Lee Chong Wei - he should progress to at least SF (and a bronze medal) and face his old nemesis Lin Dan. Lin Dan still has the upper hand but I woul;d like to see LCW winning the Gold Medal this year.

Mohd Hafiz Hashim - centralized training for the purpose of beating Yuhan Tan and losing to LCW in R32.

Wong Choong Hann - a kind draw means that he should at least fulfill his seeding and face Sony Dwi Kuncoro in R16.

Lydia Cheah Li Ya - a tough draw against Juliane Schenk in R32. I am not sure if she can beat Schenk.

Wong Mew Choo - even if Wong can beat Ella Diehl in R32, Saina Nehwal will await her in R16, followed by possibly Wang Shixian. At most, Wong will reach QF and that is already very highly unlikely at her current form.

Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong - expect another clash against Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae in QF. If they can beat their arch rival, a place in the Final possibly awaits them. We shall see....

Gan Teik Chai/Tan Bin Shen - they should progress to R32 where Hirokatsu Hashimoto/Noriyasu Hirata await them. In the most unlikely scenario where they can beat Fang Chieh-Min/Lee Sheng-Mu in R16, they will face Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan in the QF.

Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah - a straight forward draw to face Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan in R16.

Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying - the Indian pair V. Diju/Jwala Guta awaits them in R32, followed by Robert Mateusiak/Nadiezda Kostiuczyk. I don't think they can get past R16.

From the above, it's very likely that only Lee Chong Wei (and hopefully Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong) will be able to win a medal in the WC.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Any news on other countries like China and Indonesia? What's their preparation plan like? Anyone know?
    For INA's players/..they just pratice everyday...I know we are a bit weaker than last year...now just got news that Kido/hendra's problem had not been resolved...so if INA can get 1 title is very good enough....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Interesting, this means that only BAM got this idea of training remotely. Lets hope for a good result.

Am concerned that this just gives more pressure to the players since they are the odd one out for such training.
    As I wrote earlier, BAM is probably the only organization that has the money (and idea...for good or for bad) to send their players for a centralized training in another country.

They did it once without obtaining any credible result (perhaps also the reason why LCW, Misbun and Rexy objected to the idea of going to Bath) and somehow, they do it again this year. Hopefully, the results are not the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think china is doing this remote training for major tournaments

however, maybe not this time for wc 2010

this remote training when conducted properly

is good in the sense the players can 'restore' their confidence

there are less distractions so they should focus and concentrate more

earlier preparations are fine tuned here in this phase

provided its long enough

4 weeks should be ideal

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast