User Tag List

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: BAM news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    pbm this is a Bam news. Stick to topic plz.
    Yup, honestly please, please stop the Lin Dan vs Lee Chong Wei fiasco again that has happened many times. We should only comment about BAM here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry boys and girls..

should have use the pm instead

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..so, looks like the training at Bath has been good so far?..
    LCW trained back home but is out; KKK & TBH trained in Bath and still alive...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's wait till the match of kkk/tbh vs the chinese pair

It won't be easy tho.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So 1 silver medal from the world championships this time. After those training stint in Bath..hmm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, let's see:
    Bath training = Mixed results. Finals Rd. (silver medal), all the way down to R32 exit..
    KL training = Out in QF Rd.

hmm, maybe they should think about training elsewhere if they want to win the elusive Gold medal??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-29-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    so, let's see:
    Bath training = Mixed results. Finals Rd. (silver medal), all the way down to R32 exit..
    KL training = Out in QF Rd.

hmm, maybe they should think about training elsewhere if they want to win the elusive Gold medal??..
    No need to train in the Bath, go to the toilet and train better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow BAM complete revamp of their coaching and training structure

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    pbm this is a Bam news. Stick to topic plz.
    Has anyone read this BAM news?

Saturday August 21, 2010

BAM complete revamp of their coaching and training structure

PETALING JAYA: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) showed their seriousness in wanting to produce world champions when president Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh made two important announcements yesterday.

Nadzmi named former international Datuk James Selvaraj as BAM’s high performance director, tasked with raising the quality of training and coaching in the country.

He also announced an increase in the incentive scheme for winners at the World Badminton Championships.

With the appointment of James yesterday, the BAM’s revamp of their coaching and training structure under secretary Ng Chin Chai is complete.

Datuk James Selvaraj(pic) was named as Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) high performance director yesterday. And he immediately took a swipe at Lee Chong Wei and Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong for having no world titles to back up their status as world No. 1s. “Ranking alone is not enough. I want champions,” he said.

“After much deliberation and consideration, I am proud to announce Datuk James as our high performance director. He has represented the country as a player and coach,” said Nadzmi in a press statement released by the BAM yesterday.

“He also has vast experience in management, thus making him the most suitable candidate for this very important post.”

The post is indeed a very crucial one as far as charting the future of Malaysian badminton is concerned.

James, who is currently a senior manager with Bata Malaysia, will oversee the coaches and their training programmes and ensure that only the best potential is tapped.

There will be six coaches-cum-coordinators who will report to James directly.

They are Rashid Sidek (men’s singles elite), Rexy Mainaky (men’s doubles elite), Hendrawan (men’s singles back-up), Tan Kim Her (men’s doubles back-up), Wong Tat Meng (women’s singles elite and back-up) and Pang Cheh Chang (women’s doubles elite and back-up).

Nadzmi added that with James in the picture, the BAM aim to transform their development programme to become a strong and sustainable feeder system, through which the next generation of champions will be produced.

And in a move to keep the players all psyched up for the world meet in Paris, which begins on Monday, Nadzmi also announced that a world champion will get an extra RM20,000 under their new incentive scheme.

Previously, BAM only offered RM30,000.

“This (the RM50,000 incentive) is an additional encouragement and also a reminder to all our players that BAM are always ready to motivate them in their quest to become the best in major tournaments. We will not hesitate to reward them well if they achieve the goals set for them,” said Nadzmi.

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...837&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they should go to china to understudy from their BA there?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.kosmo.com.my/kosmo/conten...n&pg=su_01.htm
    Now starts the post mortem of Training in Bath issue. Please use Google translator if you dont understand malay. Basically Rashid said the Bath training not suitable, weather very much different. Paris was very hot at 30 degree C, England between 18 to 20 degrees

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    http://www.kosmo.com.my/kosmo/conten...n&pg=su_01.htm
    Now starts the post mortem of Training in Bath issue. Please use Google translator if you dont understand malay. Basically Rashid said the Bath training not suitable, weather very much different. Paris was very hot at 30 degree C, England between 18 to 20 degrees
    I have said it many times, the party who think that you can acclimatized to the Paris weather by training in Bath needs to be shot(literally and metaphorically). It shows that he have limited knowledge in geography and didn't have a clue what the sportmen need. If this is what happened to the management of the England football club(or any european team), the guy would have got sack years ago. However, he is lucky that he is born in Malaysia.

I hope(although very unlikely) he will discuss the issue 'openly'(not just organized a meeting and tell the coach what he think is right) and listen to what the other coaches said next time. If not, he could probably leave the players and coaches alone, that would probably make the situation alot better. Not that I am biased but I have yet to see him doing something that benefit the coaches and players.

Finger cross he have a better plan before the All England tournament in 2011.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errrr, it was the National Sports Institute(NSI) who came up with it, supposed experts lah. They want to test for 2012 OG(according to NSI Director), as if they care much about 2010 WC. From one of the earlier interviews, can see.
    Some of the press made Misbun & LCW look bad (calling LCW prima donna) by not going. Only when in Paris, then they know, dare not say anything already.

But what to do, NSC & SPorts Ministry wanted to have, BAM cannot say no. Now the coaches & players can say "we told you so" - in private lah, not in public, they are still boss

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton: Nadzmi: Selvaraj’s role vital for changes

Those concerned tend to be reactive whenever there is a change in their organisation.

But changes are needed in an organisation to progress.

I told the coaches these changes are necessary to turn our shuttlers into champions,” said Nadzmi, after chairing the first meeting between Selvaraj and the national coaches at Juara Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday.

“There is no place for self-interest in our organisation. We spoke on many issues during the meeting and all parties agreed that the national team must be the top priority.” He said national shuttlers must be groomed extensively under the new system for priority tournaments.

“We managed to win a silver medal in the recent World Championships but for us it is not a victory. In sports, winning is everything and finishing second is not a victory.

“Yes, being the World No 1 is important but emphasis must be put on winning major titles. James is the right person for this job. He has the technical know-how to do it,” he said.

N a d z m i , h o w e v e r , s t r e s s e d t h a t changes in the coaching and training system will not be done in a drastic manner.

“Any changes will involve the engagement of all stakeholders. We will improvise on areas which are lacking, to help our players make an impact in major events,” he added.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/B...hanges/Article

Badminton: Shuttlers to do skipping exercises

“I noticed that some players lack leg power when I watched them in action during the World Championships on television.

“Their footwork is not as fluent as it should be. Maybe they need to include skipping exercises in their training,” said Selvaraj after a meeting with BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh and the national coaches at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday.

“They, I believe, need to work on their calf and thigh muscles. I need to check with the National Sports Institute on this matter. Skipping is a good exercise. I know this for a fact as it helped me strengthen my legs during my playing days.” Selvaraj said more work must also be done to improve the players’ communication and consistency during matches.

“I watched (Koo) Kien Keat-(Tan) Boon Heong in the final of the world meet and I thought they would bag the title after winning the first game.

“But somehow they lost their concentration and also did not communicate enough after that.

“Communication is an important tool in doubles as it helps those concerned to coordinate their respective play.

“The 21-point system is also tough as players need to think and react fast to beat their opponents and so communication is very important in the modern game. This is something that needs to be addressed,” he said.

On whether drastic changes will be made to the training system of players preparing for the New Delhi Commonwealth Games and Guangzhou Asian Games, Selvaraj said he will not interfere with their programmes.

“If there is a change, it will be minor. For example, my recommendation to include skipping exercises could be this minor change.

“Right now, I will get to know the players and also analyse their respective training programmes.

“I want to analyse our players’ programmes before making the necessary changes.

“My job proper will only start after I have done my homework. Maybe, I will start comprehensively on Jan 1, 2011,” said Selvaraj, who is attached with BAM on a part-time basis.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/B...rcises/Article

James decides not to rock the boat ahead of two major meets

It took me a while to accept this position but I will try my best to juggle my time between my current job (as senior manager with Bata Malaysia) and BAM. I was introduced to the coaches by BAM president Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Salleh today,” said James who was appointed last month.

Right attitude: James Selvaraj said Koo Kien Keat (left) and Tan Boon Heong must think like champions to succeed.
    “The training programmes for these two Games were prepared a year ago. Let the coaches work with what they are already doing as I have just come into the fold.

“In fact, I will not introduce any drastic changes but I will work with the coaches to get things going.

“I want to have a look at their training programmes for the players first and see what is needed to improve things.

“We already have two world No. 1s in our ranks (Lee Chong Wei and Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong) and I think we are on the right track.

“We have good players and what we need to do is to turn them into championship winners.

“They must be psychologically tuned to think like a champion throughout the year,” added James, who cited the recent World Championships final defeat by Kien Keat-Boon Heong as an example.

He said Kien Keat-Boon Heong played well in the first game before losing concentration in the second.

“That momentary lapse of concentration cost them the chance to win the title and we have to find out how to avoid this from recurring.

“Under the 21-point system, one has to think and react fast to any situation. It may be hard to recover even from a three-point deficit,” he explained.

Nadzmi, meanwhile, hoped that the coaches would be receptive to any changes proposed by James.

“Changes are inevitable in any organisation and there is no room for personal interests,” said Nadzmi.

“Our focus is to produce champions and I am sure all the coaches share the same view.

“We want to be ready to deliver (a gold medallist) at the 2012 Olympics in London and we have to do everything right to reach this goal.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...705&sec=sports

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up BAM: We want to be ready to deliver (a gold medallist) at the 2012 Olympics in London

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    “We want to be ready to deliver (a gold medallist) at the 2012 Olympics in London and we have to do everything right to reach this goal.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...705&sec=sports
    Currently, I believe that Lee Chong Wei could be the one to deliver the first Olympic Badminton GOLD medal for BAM.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 09-04-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lcw injured
    how confident are U?
    haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default that's a possibility

chong wei for olympic gold 2012

thats a possibility!

even though he lost in the recent world championship.

and if bam keeps those planning running until 2012

i would have no doubt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Currently, I believe that Lee Chong Wei could be the one to deliver the first Olympic Badminton GOLD medal for BAM.
    Is there anyway for an athelete to build up solid mental strength? I think LCW will benefit a lot from this. At the WC QF, although he was injured, he kept making mistakes that injured people wouldn't make when he was in trouble that time. He should be as mentally strong as Cheng Shao Chieh, who kept on fighting against Tine despite having a bleeding foot.

Otherwise, hopefully KKK/TBH are still reliable at that time or some of our MD youngsters will emerge. But MD is such an open category.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast