User Tag List

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: BAM news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Perhaps you should read that bit about the door still being open to ING as a sponsor provided it deals directly with the BAM and not through a 3rd party. Involvement of a 3rd party through the back door unknown to the president looks suspicious.
    I think the BAM did approve ING as a direct sponsor, not through a 3rd party. In fact BAM did say the more sponsors the better. It was the 3rd party spanner that wrecked the ING deal.
    In my opinion I think BAM should create a sponsors/development body to bring in future streams of big bucks to go hand in hand with the sports' development like making the game where everyone can and will play, just like the way they do it in Denmark. What is lacking in Malaysia is the absence of any badminton league for the elites and non-elites, for all ages from 7, 9, 12, 16, 19, adults, to senior citizens all through the whole year.
    Once you reach the stage where everyone plays the game, the old, the elites, the parenst will ensure there will be a constant supply of future champions.
    You are right I did not read that part, but it is because I didn' t think it was worth reading like all the biased rhetoric we are bombarded with.Was Ganga ever given a chance to explain?
    To fire someone is something is something drastic , a warning or disciplinary action could have been possible, I thought we are a inclusive culture.
    Anyway I won't perticipate anymore in this discussion when it is all based on speculation,opinion and lop-sided views.More interested in the game and the upcoming World Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=taneepak;1424010]Perhaps the following may explain why the BAM president was reluctant to give the real reasons for sacking the secretary:

What's the point on speculating on issues like that?

Decisions should be based on facts or figures for credibility.

Are we the police, judge,jury and executioner all in one.

a person is guilty until proven innocent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Are we talking facts or merely speculating.Someone is hurling accusations at someone, in Msia it would be followed with a lawsuit.What is the source?
    Papparazzi in HK?
    I would not speculate until I am in the know or involved with the people.

It is laughable that people could make money out of sponsorship deals.Sponsorship is giving away money in return for intangibles,in badminton one has to beg sponsors to part with their money.
    To me, looking at the big picture I am very suspicious when someone who devoted his life to Msia badminto could be disposed off because of some procedure.Dont you think it is a bit harsh and there is a bigger agenda.
    All these were in the newspapers as reported by reporters based on interviews with the president. As the president said earlier Ganga was not sacked by him. However, after receiving more information subsequently he changed his mind and had to do what he had to do.
    To sack him under due process would drag out scandalous details, and will bog down BAM and divert their energy away from the Thomas Cup.
    It could also be a legal mess. So, the president did it the legal way, that is exercising the powers given to him by the constitution. This way it is clean and clinical and cannot be challenged. That was the same method he used to bring Ganga in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question A person is guilty until proven innocent?

Perhaps the following may explain why the BAM president was reluctant to give the real reasons for sacking the secretary:

What's the point on speculating on issues like that?

Decisions should be based on facts or figures for credibility.

Are we the police, judge, jury and executioner all in one?

a person is guilty until proven innocent.

All these were in the newspapers as reported by reporters based on interviews with the president. As the president said earlier Ganga was not sacked by him. However, after receiving more information subsequently he changed his mind and had to do what he had to do.

To sack him under due process would drag out scandalous details, and will bog down BAM and divert their energy away from the Thomas Cup.

It could also be a legal mess. So, the president did it the legal way, that is exercising the powers given to him by the constitution. This way it is clean and clinical and cannot be challenged. That was the same method he used to bring Ganga in.

My comment: It should be of the laws is to protect the innocent person/party.

My question: What has Ganga done that he should be sacked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow we can believe the writings of journalistd.

If someone states that he has no objection of a 3rd party entering,why not walk the talk and renegotiate with this 3rd party. Smacks of rhetoric.
    Most may be what was gleaned from the papers but a lot is personal interpretation and opinion.

I think I would rather hear the views of the people close to the action,
    many of the people here have dealings with the BAM.
    Also we are gossiping about people, did they get a chance to defend themselves?
    I am not taking sides, after Ganga was the same person removed by Gunalan as COO of BWF, but neither should we be speaking on behalf of other parties, a more balanced view is in order and there are far more reliable people in rhis forum who understand local culture better .

Would you take seriously when I comment about say China affairs based on what I hear from say CNN or The New Strauts Tines?

Is it ethical for me to comment on China people based on what I read?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this fact ,opinion or the judgement of a learned judge?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    My comment: It should be of the laws is to protect the innocent person/party.

My question: What has Ganga done that he should be sacked?
    The constitution of BAM specifically says the president has the sole power to hire or fire its secretary, assistant secretary, treasurer. So the courts do not come in unless there is a law in the country that voids such a clause in a sporting organization.
    The president used this basis to "I appointed Ganga as secretary while he was only a junior officer, and I didn't give any reason. So I guess I 'll live to that".
    This statement is deceptively simple but fool-proof as it cannot be challenged in court. Looks like the lawyers have been through this. It however fans a lot of speculation and rumours initially, but now appears to taper off.
    No reason is given for the sacking because termination is not dependent on justification, unfair it may appear to be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite a request from BAM to BAC to replace Ganga as Malaysia's representative in the recently concluded Badminton Asia Confederation AGM, Ganga was still re-appointed as head of development of BAC.
    The reason BAC gave for rejecting BAM's request was that the request did not meet the stipulated 2-weeks' notice, as required by the BAC constitution.
    So you see, two can play the same game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It however fans a lot of speculation and rumours initially, but now appears to taper off.

Now who are the people speculating and creating rumours and passing judgement based on opinions based on newspaper reports and acting as spokesman for certain people?

Luckily this is not a court case otherwise people would be cited for contempt of court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite a request from BAM to BAC to replace Ganga as Malaysia's representative in the recently concluded Badminton Asia Confederation AGM, Ganga was still re-appointed as head of development of BAC.
    The reason BAC gave for rejecting BAM's request was that the request did not meet the stipulated 2-weeks' notice, as required by the BAC constitution.
    So you see, two can play the same game.
    taneepak is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

I think there is too much discussion on politics.Many decisions made are more political and involve hidden hands more than meets the eye or can be read from newspapers.It involves seeing the big picture and hidden agendas.
    When you trace back the history of some people in the fracas, you will see the political connection.Some of the judgments passed here are naive to say the least, because they are devoid of the full picture and looking at things at a micro viewpoint.

People exposed to all these crap day to day and involved with the BAM (as mentioned lots here) will understand.It is not good taste to make judgments and pass sentence when we do not have first hand knowledge and hear only one side of a story.
    Luckily nowadays younger Malaysians are more discerning and able to think and make up their own minds and not so easily influenced by rhetoric or statements not based on facts or actual first hand experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No reason is given for the sacking because termination is not dependent on justification, unfair it may appear to be.

Now isn't that a bit heavy handed and lacking in transparency?
    Laws are designed to promote justice as mentioned by Chris, otherwise they are just draconian rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Commonwealth legal system laws are governed by mother laws such as the country's constitution or Acts passed in Parliment such as the Employment Act or Industrial Relations Act.
    In other words bodies making their own private laws that run afoul of the principles and spirit of the mother laws will be doing something illegal and actions will be declarted null and void.
    When this happens the courts will interpret what is written and whether there is contravention in particular actions and make judgments.
    In other words, it doesn't mean one can write "unfair" or unjust terms in private organisations and enforce them as they will be overruled.
    There are enough lawyers here in this forum, what is mentioned above are facts.
    Unless a country is run by some kind of Mafia, then it is alright to undermine the judicial system.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What has Ganga done wrong that he should be sacked?

Now isn't that a bit heavy handed and lacking in transparency?

Laws are designed to promote justice as mentioned by Chris, otherwise they are just draconian rules.

This is exactly what I wish to know;

What has Ganga done wrong that he should be sacked?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    This is exactly what I wish to know;

What has Ganga done wrong that he should be sacked?
    The press reported that the president undertook an investigation after some Executive Council members of the BAM, sponsors, and individuals complained about some serious indiscretions by the secretary.
    As a result the rest is his famous "I appointed Ganga Rao as secreatary while he was a junior officer, and I did not give any reason. So I guess I 'll live to that". This was sometimes misunderstood as an insult to Ganga. From his words I think what he wanted to convey was that when he appointed Ganga as secreatary while he was just a junior officer (possibly raising come eye-brows for bypassing other more senior candidates) without giving any reason for his choice then, so it was to be the same for his removal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Commonwealth legal system laws are governed by mother laws such as the country's constitution or Acts passed in Parliment such as the Employment Act or Industrial Relations Act.
    In other words bodies making their own private laws that run afoul of the principles and spirit of the mother laws will be doing something illegal and actions will be declarted null and void.
    When this happens the courts will interpret what is written and whether there is contravention in particular actions and make judgments.
    In other words, it doesn't mean one can write "unfair" or unjust terms in private organisations and enforce them as they will be overruled.
    There are enough lawyers here in this forum, what is mentioned above are facts.
    Unless a country is run by some kind of Mafia, then it is alright to undermine the judicial system.
    Well there are laws in Malaysia and if any one is aggrieved by being sacked from his job, he can always seek redress.
    Let us wait and see what happens. It is just round 1. You think there will be round 2?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BAM president is away again to Washington this time for the entrepreneurship summit to be hosted by president Barack Obama this coming monday/tuesday.
    Maybe he is multi-tasking too much given his health.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 1992 can happen again

We were never really the favourites in 1992 as China were power packed but when Rashid (Sidek) beat Zhao Jianhua in the semis, everything started to happen for us. We are in the same boat this time and the players must be inspired by the 1992 squad," said Misbun during the mental training camp in Port Dickson yesterday.

"We have two solid chances in the first singles and first doubles and we must win them as this will motivate the others to battle hard to bring us success.

"Back then, the squad were together for some time and were consistent in their performance. Malaysia had regularly beaten Indonesia since 1988 and we had met China in the 1988 and 1990 finals before beating them two years later.
    "Our current squad have been together over the last two Thomas Cups and we have the experience. The players must remain positive and it can be achieved.

"We are looking at a scenario where we may have to beat South Korea, China and Indonesia to win and there is always a fighting chance, especially when we are playing at home.

"As Rashid turned it on for us against China, we can also expect something special if Chong Wei can do the same in the first singles."

National doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky is also optimistic that Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Zakry Latif-Fairuzizuan Tazari will provide the solidity to help Malaysia get through.

Rexy's bigger concern is the potential quarter-final against South Korea and this is where he wants his combinations to produce their best to give the team a psychological boost.

"The South Korea match, should it happen, will be tough as the quarter-final stage is always tough. Once we clear that, the players will be more relaxed and against China, there is nothing to lose," said Rexy.

"The Koreans will be banking on the doubles and we must try to win there. A good start from Chong Wei will put the pressure on them and we can count on him."

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast