User Tag List

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: BAM news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Was he the coach for Koo/Tan in SSMF08 and for Wong/Chin's IO09? title? There's one excellent tactician among MAS coaches but I don't know the name although I can recognise the face.
    He is short and have a cool look. He was the one that brought up TBH/KKK before Rexy took over. Im not sure if he was coaching Wong/Chin IO09 title.. i didnt watch it.. cant remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what stanster means is that he even save up the time to check, coz everything related to badminton is posted by limsy... he just nid a click to follow the link... hahaha!

am i right stanster?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Actually you can go to www.nst.com.my and www.thestar.com.my to check it yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Think Tanks.. definitely didnt give any feedback regarding the "Presidents" contribution in BAM so far...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    The Think Tanks.. definitely didnt give any feedback regarding the "Presidents" contribution in BAM so far...
    hehe
    of course
    he will never know as no one dare to say
    like bbn new blog post
    the new king clothes

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default BADMINTON: Respect must be earned

"It is definitely hard when players don't respect coaches but this must be viewed carefully. If the coaches themselves lack knowledge, tactical knowledge and a comprehensive programme, it's hard for them to command the respect of players," said Kamaruddin.

"A coach needs to know and must be willing to learn new trends. It is also a must to have sports science knowledge as they can utilise the data and analyse the performance of players.

"Once a player realises that the coach knows what he is doing, he will definitely respect his mentor and will work hard to improve.

"Top coaches are tough but they are in charge. (Cristiano) Ronaldo may be the best player but Sir Alex Ferguson could force him to sit out matches as the latter knows his job.

"We need to have coaches who have substance and also the ability to control players and the question of respect will never surface."

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/71sheikhs/Article

to me
    this sound like rashid didnt get the respect he wanted
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/71sheikhs/Article

to me
    this sound like rashid didnt get the respect he wanted
    lol
    to me,
    rashid not even gaining any respect from MAS badminton supporters... hahaha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy didn't get respect too... maybe thats why he went joint-coaching with Pang... good luck to KKK/TBH.

Rashid ar Rashid... maybe Arif still respect him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think LCW respect Misbun? Sometimes it may not be the coaches problem. Yes I do agree that the coaches need alot of updating on their knowledge in training and sport performance.however the players does have a certain mentality that the coach is under "someone's" power therefore the coach in a way loses some power along the way coznthe coach need to listen to someone. Technically the players let loose due to these kind of situation. If I'm the coach, if you hire me.. Let me do my work. Don't direct me to do this and that, I'm a coach and I know what to do.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think LCW respect Misbun? Sometimes it may not be the coaches problem. Yes I do agree that the coaches need alot of updating on their knowledge in training and sport performance.however the players does have a certain mentality that the coach is under "someone's" power therefore the coach in a way loses some power along the way coznthe coach need to listen to someone. Technically the players let loose due to these kind of situation. If I'm the coach, if you hire me.. Let me do my work. Don't direct me to do this and that, I'm a coach and I know what to do.
    lol
    this will never ever happen as long as some people is there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW... according to Mr Kamaruddin.. coaches need to have more knowledge on sport performance etc.. how about the Head of Coaching Committee? I believe he also need some sort of upgrading as well. Again no one dare to point this out.

In this aspec.. the "RESPECT" is given.. not Earned.. in a way.

No doubt his Respect is earn in the corporate world.. that i agree.. but in BAM... sigh...
    Last edited by ants; 05-30-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW... according to Mr Kamaruddin.. coaches need to have more knowledge on sport performance etc.. how about the Head of Coaching Committee? I believe he also need some sort of upgrading as well. Again no one dare to point this out.

In this aspec.. the "RESPECT" is given.. not Earned.. in a way.

No doubt his Respect is earn in the corporate world.. that i agree.. but in BAM... sigh...
    btw
    can someone tell me
    how much is the president,vice president,kenny goh,council and bla bla bla know about badminton?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, a good coach is a complete master of himself and his charges and he will simpley tell the bosses to go to hell if they interfere. If the coach does not have the guts to tell of his bosses if they interfere then he is not a good coach but more of a politician.
    Just look at the "Special One" and how he handled the interference from his Russian boss when he was the coach in Chelsea some yaers back. Being a true professional coach he simply left. Now that is a good coach.
    In that respect, both Rexy and Rashid are just politicians who fear the bosses, if what is written here is true. Either way it is a damming indictment on both. One, for having lost respect from their players. Two, for losing respect for not standing up to interference from their bosses, if that is true.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    btw
    can someone tell me
    how much is the president,vice president,kenny goh,council and bla bla bla know about badminton?
    You don't elect a president, vice president and the general manager of BAM based on their badminton knowledge only. The most important is management expertise, and from there it gets progessively more focussed and more technical as you go down the chain. It is a top down command structure, not a bottom up one. The latter case would be disastrous as you could end up with a private in charge of generals and the commander-in-chief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Look, a good coach is a complete master of himself and his charges and he will simpley tell the bosses to go to hell if they interfere. If the coach does not have the guts to tell of his bosses if they interfere then he is not a good coach but more of a politician.
    Just look at the "Special One" and how he handled the interference from his Russian boss when he was the coach in Chelsea some yaers back. Being a true professional coach he simply left. Now that is a good coach.
    In that respect, both Rexy and Rashid are just politicians who fear the bosses, if what is written here is true. Either way it is a damming indictment on both. One, for having lost respect from their players. Two, for losing respect for not standing up to interference from their bosses, if that is true.
    I agree with you completely. The Coaches have to stand for themselves. I hope Tan Kim Her will not be one of the victim.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    You don't elect a president, vice president and the general manager of BAM based on their badminton knowledge only. The most important is management expertise, and from there it gets progessively more focussed and more technical as you go down the chain. It is a top down command structure, not a bottom up one. The latter case would be disastrous as you could end up with a private in charge of generals and the commander-in-chief.
    so?
    he is a businessman,like lyb
    but do he manage bam well?
    no
    because he dont know badminton and lyb know
    thats the different
    management expertise is everywhere in malaysia,how special is him?

he dont even know who is the coach for state ba
    the connection is not there
    if the bam president is good enough
    he will tell state ba what should been teach by the state coach to those youngster,hence,we wont have any shortage or lack of talentin any department
    state ba,bjss and bam now work as if they are a separate organization and this is funny
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Actually you can go to www.nst.com.my and www.thestar.com.my to check it yourself.
    Thanks, eaglehelang.
    I was just calling what limsy was doing convenient,
    as then, i could check those articles and get news directly within BC; without having to leave BC to go to those sites
    But of course, thanks for the links.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also check everyday, but lazy to post the news anymore.
    Just book mark the links, check sports page, settle. Within half hour can go thru 6 differetn newspapers
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 05-30-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast