User Tag List

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 575

Thread: BAM news

  1. #103
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shen1092 View Post
    Mak/Tan is very very good tis time..
    Its not the case of them being good. Fuzzy pair standard drop drastically and yet they still struggled to beat them in 3 games. Mak/Tan attacking prowess is not powerful enough (lack finishing) and has a tendency to lift the shuttle too frequently.

  2. #104
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The fallout from Ganga Rao being ousted and the ING sponsorship..

    ..i don't know if this news had already been posted or not, i skimmed the entire thread to try & find the news/article but couldn't find it..

    From a very reliable source, apparently ING's last sponsorship for the national squad ended in the recent WJC. From now on, Proton will be put back on, on the national players' tees.

  3. #105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,975
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    such a shame fuzzy being beaten by Mak&Tan... but good to show how POLITICS play a BIG role in BAM...

  4. #106
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Its not the case of them being good. Fuzzy pair standard drop drastically and yet they still struggled to beat them in 3 games. Mak/Tan attacking prowess is not powerful enough (lack finishing) and has a tendency to lift the shuttle too frequently.
    that is becaase they lack of on court experience

  5. #107
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default BAM fails to take advantage of home comfort

    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

    Rashid: Uber Cup as good as gone

    We can still make the quarter-finals by beating the United States (in Group A) but that’s not our target. We wanted to fight for a place in the semis but it is almost impossible to achieve that without Lydia and Julia,” said Rashid.

    “The pressure will be on Wong Mew Choo and the two doubles and this will affect their performance.

    “The second doubles (Woon Khe Wei-Vivian Hoo) especially are playing well but our singles have become weak and that the young pair may not be able to handle the pressure.

    “We have to hope that the replacements are accepted or we might still have to use either Julia or Lydia.”
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

    Uber Cup squad seek replacements for injured Lydia and Julia
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...521&sec=sports

    If the BWF do not allow us to make he changes, our choices for the singles line-up will be restricted. We may have to field doubles players for singles matches. I would prefer to have fit players for the challenges,” he said.
    We have no choice but that is the prospect we have to face. We have to hope for two points from the doubles and one point from the singles instead to go far in the tournament,” said Rashid.

    ----------------------------------------------------

    well
    i think rashid had forget vivian hoo was single player

  6. #108
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Its not the case of them being good. Fuzzy pair standard drop drastically and yet they still struggled to beat them in 3 games. Mak/Tan attacking prowess is not powerful enough (lack finishing) and has a tendency to lift the shuttle too frequently.
    I agree that Fuzzy's standard has become a joke and can lose to practically anyone. Also that Mak/Tan lacks finishing and they need to be groomed some more to become a true threat to the world. BAM should know who to send for SS now, Hoon/Ong, Mak/Tan or Chan/Lim, NOT FUZZY.

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,129
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..i don't know if this news had already been posted or not, i skimmed the entire thread to try & find the news/article but couldn't find it..

    From a very reliable source, apparently ING's last sponsorship for the national squad ended in the recent WJC. From now on, Proton will be put back on, on the national players' tees.
    It's been posted in earlier pages of this thread. According to BAM President, sponsorship with ING not ended, neither did they sign any formal thing yet. But discussions will continue after TC/Uber between BAM & ING.

    Proton's logo at front of player's shirt is back, cos they are main sponsor.

  8. #110
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I agree that Fuzzy's standard has become a joke and can lose to practically anyone. Also that Mak/Tan lacks finishing and they need to be groomed some more to become a true threat to the world. BAM should know who to send for SS now, Hoon/Ong, Mak/Tan or Chan/Lim, NOT FUZZY.
    We can forgive KKK/TBH for being down-hilled for a long time before they come back in produce relatively good results and being World's No.1 pair.

    But we cant give Fuzzy's the same chance as given to KKK/TBH?

  9. #111
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    such a shame fuzzy being beaten by Mak&Tan... but good to show how POLITICS play a BIG role in BAM...
    If most of us believe that Mak/Tan is better than Fuzzy, i think the result is acceptable. Why should them felt shame? And why should we felt suprise over the result produced?

  10. #112
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    We can forgive KKK/TBH for being down-hilled for a long time before they come back in produce relatively good results and being World's No.1 pair.

    But we cant give Fuzzy's the same chance as given to KKK/TBH?
    huh?
    who forgive koo/tan?
    is that some kind of sin they commit?

    who didnt give fuzzy same chance?

  11. #113
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    It's been posted in earlier pages of this thread. According to BAM President, sponsorship with ING not ended, neither did they sign any formal thing yet. But discussions will continue after TC/Uber between BAM & ING.

    Proton's logo at front of player's shirt is back, cos they are main sponsor.
    - Which post is that? Do you mind pointing to it?
    - That's what i was told and meant: Proton is now back as the main sponsor/logo on the players' tees. If they won't put ING on the front of the players' tees, then we can "technically" call their sponsorship done.

  12. #114
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It was earlier agreed between BAM and ING to have ING as the main sponsor for both the junior and national teams and Proton as the event title sponsor.
    So it was intended to have ING logo appear on the T-shirts of all the Malaysian players. Proton would have its logo on the title of the super series event like Proton Malaysian Open, not unlike some events sponsored by Sunrise in Singapore.
    However, the deal was set aside when the president of BAM found out that an unauthorised 3rd party was involved instead of ING directly. Obviously he then launched an investigation into this, and as a result the rest is history.
    Directionally, BAM has no problem with more sponsors but they don't want some other parties unbeknown to them to come in between. They refer to such "shocks" as indiscretions by unauthorised people.

  13. #115
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Players set to train behind closed doors at Putra Stadium

    “We were unable to take full advantage despite being the hosts. This is a lesson for all of us here,” said Shabery.
    “But it is still not too late to capitalise on the perks that come as being the hosts.
    “We will accommodate the coaches if they want to hold closed door training for the Malaysian players at the venue, especially after the arrival of the foreign teams.”
    The foreign teams will arrive in batches from May 5.

    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...178&sec=sports

    Throw your full support behind home team, says Shabery
    Fans aboard scramble to see world-class actions, especially when it comes to Wimbledon or US Masters (golf). They value and root for their home stars. I hope our fans will do the same. Tickets are affordable,” he said.
    “All the players here have sacrificed so much by training hard, watching their diet and keeping fit. At least, as their fans, we can go out there and show our support for all their efforts.”
    Shabery continued to show his support for the team yesterday when he treated them to lunch after having a one-hour closed door session with the players.
    “This is another step towards strengthening team unity and motivating the players,” he said.
    “I wanted them to know that many of us are here to support them. I hope that the Thomas and Uber Cup squads will do the country proud by achieving good results.”

    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...960&sec=sports

    More priority to Malaysia

    "This is a lesson for us. Our mistake was that we didn't make early bookings but we might have done so had the BA of Malaysia (BAM) made a request in advance.

    "We have to learn from this and hope it will not be repeated," added the minister during a luncheon with the Thomas and Uber Cup players in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

    "Normally, hosts take advantage and will have their players train at the competition venue for long periods, and sometimes other teams will not even be allowed to use the venue for practice.

    "Although we have missed this opportunity, we assure that Malaysia will be given priority as far as the venue is concerned, including for closed door training.

    "The fans can make a huge difference and I am banking on them to come and fill the stadium and give Malaysia the edge over their rivals."

    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

  14. #116
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    If most of us believe that Mak/Tan is better than Fuzzy, i think the result is acceptable. Why should them felt shame? And why should we felt suprise over the result produced?
    I'm not surprised, but rather happy.

    As for your other post on why we shouldn't give Fuzzy any more chances? Do you know how many chances they have been given the whole of last year and this year?

  15. #117
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,129
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    - Which post is that? Do you mind pointing to it?
    - That's what i was told and meant: Proton is now back as the main sponsor/logo on the players' tees. If they won't put ING on the front of the players' tees, then we can "technically" call their sponsorship done.
    Please refer page 2 & 3 of this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    We can forgive KKK/TBH for being down-hilled for a long time before they come back in produce relatively good results and being World's No.1 pair.

    But we cant give Fuzzy's the same chance as given to KKK/TBH?
    As others have said, Fuzzy have been given many chances, in fact more chances than KKK/TBH or other MD pairs. Though KKK/TBH 'downhilled", they still managed to win a few SS titles per year. Fuzzy won titles(of any kind) was in mid 2008.

  16. #118
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post

    As others have said, Fuzzy have been given many chances, in fact more chances than KKK/TBH or other MD pairs. Though KKK/TBH 'downhilled", they still managed to win a few SS titles per year. Fuzzy won titles(of any kind) was in mid 2008.
    In malaysia, we should accept that 'certain people' will have more chances compared to others. I am not going to elaborate more in it as it may challenge the patient of BC's Mods....

    They know it is not going to work but they still, or i have to say, they are forced to proceed with this kind of stuxxid arrangement - choose the weaker instead we have better.

    Dont blame TC Squad players if they fail to win the cup, or producing good results. Blame those people so-called 'The-Real-Decision-Maker'.

  17. #119
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,129
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    In malaysia, we should accept that 'certain people' will have more chances compared to others. I am not going to elaborate more in it as it may challenge the patient of BC's Mods....

    ....
    Hiyaa, no need say also know why mah. Just pointing out it's more chances not same chances KKK/TBH

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. bao bao some news pic
    By emms626 in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 42
    : 10-02-2006, 09:24 AM
  2. Bad News....!!????
    By Gre8Deal in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 02-07-2006, 03:49 AM
  3. news
    By Chesire Cat in forum Chinese Taipei Open / Hong Kong Open / Indonesia Open 2004
    Replies: 15
    : 11-23-2004, 12:16 AM
  4. NEWS: BG-80 is OUT in TW
    By bluejeff in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 03-10-2004, 06:35 AM
  5. Good news and Bad news
    By bluejeff in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 6
    : 03-02-2004, 08:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •