User Tag List

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 273 to 289 of 575

Thread: BAM news

  1. #273
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hehe
    i know my job is to graduate from my degree 1st
    lol
    how about a friend to many thomas cupper
    lol
    should become a role model before demanding

  2. #274
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,016
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    The question is, whether Fuzzy will be selected if they fail to capture the Indian Open title. If they are STILL chosen, even the most hardcore believers who think that BAM is impartial and choose players on merit because there is no evidence will also be swayed by their stand. So, I think if Fuzzy doesn't win, they are out of the WC...for good. And we know if they meet Hoon/Ong or the 2nd seeded Indian MD they will have about 40-60 at the title..
    If Fuzzy win India Open & get selected for WC, Gan TC/Tan Bin Shen will be very pissed as they are ranked higher than Fuzzy.
    If Fuzzy dont win India, not only no WC, I hope no Asian Games as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    why not?
    they more they get send
    the more the world know how good they are
    hehe
    they should play in sgo/io too
    Lol, lol, lol

  3. #275
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    If Fuzzy win India Open & get selected for WC, Gan TC/Tan Bin Shen will be very pissed as they are ranked higher than Fuzzy.
    If Fuzzy dont win India, not only no WC, I hope no Asian Games as well.
    If Fuzzy don't win India Open, Asian Games squad should be KKK/TBH, Mak/Tan and Hoon/Ong. And out from WC. If they win India Open, they should deserve a chance to play a match against Gan/Tan to see who win can get selected for WC

  4. #276
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default BADMINTON: KLBA asked to reconsider BGM

    We received complaints that the financial report was not included in the agenda of the BGM. We also have the minutes of the KLBA’s council meeting to decide on the BGM where the financial report was not discussed,” said Nik Mahmud yesterday.
    “We have advised KLBA to reconsider having the meeting to avoid further complications.
    “As for the eight clubs (who have been barred from the BGM), they can write in to become KLBA affiliates but it is the prerogative of the association to accept them.

    “Even if two of the clubs —Te l e k o m and Felda — registered with us before the notice of the BGM was sent to affiliates on May 27, KLBA has the right to decide whether to accept them or not.” Fomer KLBA treasurer Seluarize Rajoo, who is one of the complainants, said they don’t have a choice but to file for an injunction.

    “According to KLBA constitution, a copy of the financial report must be attached with the BGM notice but the financial report is not even on the agenda of the meeting.
    “Telekom and Felda registered with the Sports Commissioner on May 18 but the notice of BGM was only sent out on May 27.

    “This means the two clubs met the deadline set by the Sports Commissioner but now he says KLBA has the right accept or reject their affiliation.

    “The Sports Commissioner must be firm and make an official decision whether the BGM should be conducted on Sunday, not just advise.” Only 27 affiliates are supposed to take par t in the BGM.



    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/B...derBGM/Article

    lol
    BGM must conduct
    it was in the financial report
    and if didnt conduct,someone will get less 'income'

  5. #277
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,927
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    $$$$$ is all that matters for these people....

  6. #278
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post



    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/B...derBGM/Article

    lol
    BGM must conduct
    it was in the financial report
    and if didnt conduct,someone will get less 'income'
    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    $$$$$ is all that matters for these people....
    Limsy, I think these two posts do not relate to BAM, only to one of the many affiliated state and other badminton associations. BAM has no say in their affairs.
    Also, a little correction about who conducts and what is conducted. A BGM is a semi-annual general meeting or sometimes referred to in short form as a BGM. It is the KLBA as a corporate entity who conducts a meeting including a BGM, not the BGM. The financial report is not a place to say that BGM must conduct simply because an BGM cannot conduct and any financial report cannot say that it must be conducted in an BGM.
    Usually any corporate body, including registered clubs as corporations, have a constitution that will have sections on the required financial reporting and financial statements, specifically requiring the frequency of such reports. Most such bodies require an annual finacial statements only to be included in an AGM agenda.
    So if the KLBA constitution requires financial statements to be a mandatory agenda item for an BGM then holding the meeting without the financial statements will render the meeting ultra vires or invalid. If the constitution has no such requirement then why the fuss?
    I understand that in Malaysia there is sometimes confusion as to which is the legitimate state level association as there are a few competing associations all claiming to be the legitimate one representing that state. Is KLBA in a similar situation with two or more KLAS claiming to be the legitimate one?

  7. #279
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eepak you are right. Anyway priority will be given to bam players for the selection of world championship. But there is always an exception.

  8. #280
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think... the Asian Games squad should be KKK/TBH, Mak/Tan and Chan/Lim already... if Chan focus on XD... then don't know already.

  9. #281
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Limsy, I think these two posts do not relate to BAM, only to one of the many affiliated state and other badminton associations. BAM has no say in their affairs.
    Also, a little correction about who conducts and what is conducted. A BGM is a semi-annual general meeting or sometimes referred to in short form as a BGM. It is the KLBA as a corporate entity who conducts a meeting including a BGM, not the BGM. The financial report is not a place to say that BGM must conduct simply because an BGM cannot conduct and any financial report cannot say that it must be conducted in an BGM.
    Usually any corporate body, including registered clubs as corporations, have a constitution that will have sections on the required financial reporting and financial statements, specifically requiring the frequency of such reports. Most such bodies require an annual finacial statements only to be included in an AGM agenda.
    So if the KLBA constitution requires financial statements to be a mandatory agenda item for an BGM then holding the meeting without the financial statements will render the meeting ultra vires or invalid. If the constitution has no such requirement then why the fuss?
    I understand that in Malaysia there is sometimes confusion as to which is the legitimate state level association as there are a few competing associations all claiming to be the legitimate one representing that state. Is KLBA in a similar situation with two or more KLAS claiming to be the legitimate one?
    hmm
    u mean i should open a thread for klba?or the BGM?

  10. #282
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hmm
    u mean i should open a thread for klba?or the BGM?
    Yes but only about KLBA and a suitable thread title could be "KL Badminton Association" and not "BGM" as a stand-alone title. Under this you can talk about anything under the sun involving KLBA, like BGM, competing BGMs or AGMs, who is the real KLBA, etc.
    If the wrong KLBA is recognized then it becomes big problem for BAM for accepting an illegal KLBA instead of the legal claimant. Even the Sports ministry has to be very careful about due legal process because backing the wrong horse can get the government sued.

  11. #283
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Yes but only about KLBA and a suitable thread title could be "KL Badminton Association" and not "BGM" as a stand-alone title. Under this you can talk about anything under the sun involving KLBA, like BGM, competing BGMs or AGMs, who is the real KLBA, etc.
    If the wrong KLBA is recognized then it becomes big problem for BAM for accepting an illegal KLBA instead of the legal claimant. Even the Sports ministry has to be very careful about due legal process because backing the wrong horse can get the government sued.
    I understand that the KLBA has no other competing claimant. However, the SBA or Selangor Badminton Association has two groups both claiming to be the legitimate SBA. They both even tried to hold their own separate AGM. This is a mess.

  12. #284
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Limsy, I think these two posts do not relate to BAM, only to one of the many affiliated state and other badminton associations. BAM has no say in their affairs.
    Also, a little correction about who conducts and what is conducted. A BGM is a semi-annual general meeting or sometimes referred to in short form as a BGM. It is the KLBA as a corporate entity who conducts a meeting including a BGM, not the BGM. The financial report is not a place to say that BGM must conduct simply because an BGM cannot conduct and any financial report cannot say that it must be conducted in an BGM.
    Usually any corporate body, including registered clubs as corporations, have a constitution that will have sections on the required financial reporting and financial statements, specifically requiring the frequency of such reports. Most such bodies require an annual finacial statements only to be included in an AGM agenda.
    So if the KLBA constitution requires financial statements to be a mandatory agenda item for an BGM then holding the meeting without the financial statements will render the meeting ultra vires or invalid. If the constitution has no such requirement then why the fuss?
    I understand that in Malaysia there is sometimes confusion as to which is the legitimate state level association as there are a few competing associations all claiming to be the legitimate one representing that state. Is KLBA in a similar situation with two or more KLAS claiming to be the legitimate one?
    taneepak, the meeting is valid as the constitution requires the financial report must be attached with the BGM notice

    however, i do agree with you this should be in a separate thread and i think its going to be a long one....

  13. #285
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yoke Meng in line for BAM top job

    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...036&sec=sports





    In serious business with BAM

    Ng (in the Cantonese dialect) can mean no. So I’m no ‘chin chai’ man,” said the 47-year-old lawyer with a hearty laugh.
    In fact, I can’t even stand a staff of mine typing a letter with double spacing. There has to be a proper system and order. I am serious when it comes to work. But by nature, I’m an easy going and fun person. It somehow balance out everything. I have my own law firm and I have engaged three additional staff so that I can cope with balancing both my work commitments and my responsibilities with the BAM. It is all goes back to my passion for the sport.”
    Chin Chai travels from Seremban to KL in a car with the number plate bearing the initials of his name, NCC 88.
    Chin Chai, who was an assistant secretary to Datuk Punch Gunalan between 1994 and 1996 and was the secretary of the Negri Sembilan association prior to the appointment by the BAM, wants to walk the talk.
    “I talk a lot and have many ideas. Like many passionate badminton followers, I have also been part of coffee table talk, voicing out my displeasures on many things in Malaysian badminton,” he said.
    “For instance, I was one of those who were unhappy when non-student found ways to participate in the University Games. I can’t stand cheating and manipulation in sports.
    “I know talk is cheap. So it will be a challenge for me to do things now that I am in the position to make them work.”
    Chin Chai added that there would be transparency in the tasks he performed and he would not make hasty decisions.
    “I am a straight-forward person. If one is sincere in what he does, there is nothing to hide,” he said.
    Taking a leadership role is nothing new to Chin Chai but he was initially hesitant to take up the BAM appointment.
    “I was in two minds about accepting this role. The BAM are getting ready for the 2012 London Olympics and we are in the process to set up a new state-of-art training centre,” he said.
    “It involves a lot of money and with it comes power and glamour ... and politicking. I plan to stay above the politics. I have no personal agenda. My only agenda is in the interest of national badminton,” he said.
    “I have been a leader from my school days. In fact, I was the head boy in my school (King George V) in Seremban – 19 years after Datuk Punch had held the same post.
    “I have been involved in badminton for a very long time (as a player, coach and administrator). For now, my job is to drive the whole (national) team – management, coaches and players – to greater heights.”


    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...791&sec=sports

  14. #286
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the news only mentioned yoke meng as the candidate for performance manager

    as he was a former national player and i would guess the rest of the candidate aren't great badminton players..

    for the bam secretary, ng sure is serious about his new job by hiring 3 additional staff to balance his main profession

    i think he will bring something we have been hoping for to the malaysian badminton team

  15. #287
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Japanese leaders do not simply resign because of some disgrunted fans. They resign only for very practical reasons. The current Japanese PM resigned because of his flip-flop on the Okinawa US military base that has now enraged the population to throw out his party in the coming elections. He resigned for a very practical reason and that is to take the heat away from his party.
    In BAM's case it is all rumour mongering that serves no useful purpose.
    Are you BAM's unofficial self-appointed PR guy?
    Datuk Nadzmi should either resign as BAM President or Proton resign as sponsor. Because Nadzmi is Proton CEO, it means Proton can remain as sponsor on the cheap. Isn't that a glaring conflict of interest? Or innocent oversight? That's why the players are suffering because the sponsorship money is insufficient to send them to more tournament opportunities. Most of them end up as lowly paid sparring partners.
    A Singapore firm managed to broker a deal with Ing as the sponsor and that means a lot more money than what Proton can offer. On top of that, ING is a better name than Proton because it's international. What a coincidence that LCW won the AE wearing the ING logo. Maybe Proton can be sponsor for the SEA tournaments (where it's sold) and ING the sponsor for other international tournaments.
    What's this $900000 rumour? Started by Proton guys?

  16. #288
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BAM has now decided to reduce the bonus incentives for players, claiming that they are way too high and by far the highest offered by any national badminton association in the world.

  17. #289
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Are you BAM's unofficial self-appointed PR guy?
    Datuk Nadzmi should either resign as BAM President or Proton resign as sponsor. Because Nadzmi is Proton CEO, it means Proton can remain as sponsor on the cheap. Isn't that a glaring conflict of interest? Or innocent oversight? That's why the players are suffering because the sponsorship money is insufficient to send them to more tournament opportunities. Most of them end up as lowly paid sparring partners.
    A Singapore firm managed to broker a deal with Ing as the sponsor and that means a lot more money than what Proton can offer. On top of that, ING is a better name than Proton because it's international. What a coincidence that LCW won the AE wearing the ING logo. Maybe Proton can be sponsor for the SEA tournaments (where it's sold) and ING the sponsor for other international tournaments.
    What's this $900000 rumour? Started by Proton guys?
    I think you got your facts wrong. BAM was in favour of the ING deal in which ING would take prominence re advertising their name over Proton.
    However, BAM was not awre of this agent and the cut he was supposed to get. ING also claims that they were not aware of the use of an agent and the agent's commission.
    To go ahead with such a "shady" deal would be the talk of the town. So the rest is now history and now the deck has been thoroughly cleaned for less hanky panky deals. BTW, ING is still a contender for future deals but I suspect they and BAM would want to ensure nobody gets a huge bite.
    Of course BAM could always get funding if funds are critically short. BTW, the government did inject enough money into BAM just before the Thomas Cup.

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. bao bao some news pic
    By emms626 in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 42
    : 10-02-2006, 08:24 AM
  2. Bad News....!!????
    By Gre8Deal in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 02-07-2006, 02:49 AM
  3. news
    By Chesire Cat in forum Chinese Taipei Open / Hong Kong Open / Indonesia Open 2004
    Replies: 15
    : 11-22-2004, 11:16 PM
  4. NEWS: BG-80 is OUT in TW
    By bluejeff in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 03-10-2004, 05:35 AM
  5. Good news and Bad news
    By bluejeff in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 6
    : 03-02-2004, 07:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •