User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im quite shocked this man (chai biao) not famous in this forum. i searched but no thread talk about his personal life, achievement, ppl sharing pictures oncourt/offcourt. this is not fair to female fans
    Last edited by soulpx; 08-06-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chai biao is really quite special , as is zhang nan

i rank them as A-team players, real champion mindsets

Its a shame zhang nan and chai biao dont play together more often, probably cos Zhang nan is so special Chinese coaches dont want to exhaust him by playing him in MD and XD.

therefore, poor chai biao has to be paired with a "filler", and who better to perform the filler role than Guo zhen dong - a second string player who fills the gaps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a bit harsh, Guo used to play with Xu. LYB decided that Xu would be better suited to XD than MD and he saw an opportunity to switch Xu to XD with Ma Jin. Zhang was told to focus on his XD with Zhao Yunlei, this left Chai Biao and Guo Zhengdong without partners. It only made sense to team them up.

Maybe after OG12 will Chai/Zhang reunite. Guo might end up playing with LYB's son (Li Gen)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe after OG12 will Chai/Zhang reunite. Guo might end up playing with LYB's son (Li Gen)[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha.... I like this a lot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badders2006 View Post
    chai biao is really quite special , as is zhang nan

i rank them as A-team players, real champion mindsets

Its a shame zhang nan and chai biao dont play together more often, probably cos Zhang nan is so special Chinese coaches dont want to exhaust him by playing him in MD and XD.

therefore, poor chai biao has to be paired with a "filler", and who better to perform the filler role than Guo zhen dong - a second string player who fills the gaps.
    yes so true.
    i just saw the china masters ss 2011 player list, zhang nan will play in md with tao jiaming.
    maybe the chinese coaches changed their mind and dont want zhang nan's talent in md to be wasted ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

congrats chai biao for being SSF runner up!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulpx View Post
    congrats chai biao for being SSF runner up!!

They should have won it as it is a very good chance that both KOR great teams and CAI/FU are all out but they can not do it. It is a pity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bura836 View Post
    They should have won it as it is a very good chance that both KOR great teams and CAI/FU are all out but they can not do it. It is a pity.
    meanwhile, 2 korean great great pairs not even in the final. and one lost easily to chai&guo. it is a pity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think tat they kid of like give up after so close but losing the 1st game, they gt a really great chance, and they didnt lose to their opponents bt to their own selves, i think

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chai Biao is quite a hard smasher imo.. Saw him 'LIVE' in stadium, broke his Li Ning racket when doing a hard jumping smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who agrees with me that guo zhen dong has the weakest smash in the top 10 MD pairs?

i used to think he was just hitting half smashes, until i realised that is as hard as he hits!

and his technique doesn't help in terms of imparting power. his body faces forward unlike the textbook technique of body facing sideways when smashing

anyway, i've never rated Guo.

zhang nan needs to replace "B" team player Guo if Chai Biao is to realise his potential!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say the GZD/CB combination is much better than ZN/CB as GZD is more experienced and much better at the net and in half-court play than both of them (his backhand has no back swing at all and he places it well most of the time). He DOES half-smash a lot of the time to get into his more favored position and not open up the court for counter attack.....although his smash isn't as strong as most others, I agree. Still better than Fang Chieh Min's though.

The last half year I didn't see more than one, possibly two matches where Chai Biao played better than Guo. Too many errors, to hasty around the front and little variation (with one or two exceptional matches where he was on fire and played amazing). China needs more MD players!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I have to say the GZD/CB combination is much better than ZN/CB as GZD is more experienced and much better at the net and in half-court play than both of them (his backhand has no back swing at all and he places it well most of the time). He DOES half-smash a lot of the time to get into his more favored position and not open up the court for counter attack.....although his smash isn't as strong as most others, I agree. Still better than Fang Chieh Min's though.

The last half year I didn't see more than one, possibly two matches where Chai Biao played better than Guo. Too many errors, to hasty around the front and little variation (with one or two exceptional matches where he was on fire and played amazing). China needs more MD players!
    yes i admit that CB is still a bit raw and i can understanding the reasoning for pairing him with GZD who is more experienced.

still, in terms of potential and ability, GZD will forever be a B team player (IMO he also lacks the mental strength and ability to rise to occasions - i.e. he lacks the champion mindset which ZN possesses) whereas I see tons of potential in CB

CB probably has the strongest smash in the china team - well, he certainly gives FHF a run for his money!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's ages from Fu's smash Fu doesn't only hit hard, he hits with great placement. CB is near him (never above 300 afaik) concerning speed, but his placement is not as good at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who agrees with me that guo zhen dong has the weakest smash in the top 10 MD pairs?

i used to think he was just hitting half smashes, until i realised that is as hard as he hits!

and his technique doesn't help in terms of imparting power. his body faces forward unlike the textbook technique of body facing sideways when smashing

anyway, i've never rated Guo.

zhang nan needs to replace "B" team player Guo if Chai Biao is to realise his potential!!
    yes! the CHN coaches have finally seen the light and put Zhang Nan and Chai Biao back together!

Now THIS is the pair that can replace Cai and Fu!!! Not Hong Wei and Shen Ye. Certainly not Chai and Guo (Guo - you are no longer required thank you!!)!

Congrats Chai and Zhang on winning their first SS title! I am sure this is the first of many to come

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes! the CHN coaches have finally seen the light and put Zhang Nan and Chai Biao back together!

Now THIS is the pair that can replace Cai and Fu!!! Not Hong Wei and Shen Ye. Certainly not Chai and Guo (Guo - you are no longer required thank you!!)!

Congrats Chai and Zhang on winning their first SS title! I am sure this is the first of many to come
    Congrats to them for winning their first title together - but don't be hasty and assume too much based on this victory. Many of the top pairs were missing, there were no Koreans whatsoever, all in all the entry list seems more like a GPG than a SS tournament. Not to take anything away from them, they played well and managed to beat 2 other Chinese pairs (both of which have Top10 potential) on their way to the final....hope we get to see them more often from now on and this wasn't just a one-time thing. Can't really think of a reason not to keep them together for a while though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Zhang Nan may not spend a lot of time with CB is mainly because being part of the best XD team in the world, Zhang Nan will play a lot of of XD matches. I'm not sure if he has energy to play both MD and XD.

But after watching the China Master, ZN/CB seems to be more promising to replace CY/FHF than CB/GZD and HW/SY. But still ZN is lack of power and CB is still very inconsistent. It will be a tough decision for the Chinese coaches.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast