is this true?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by gamepurpose, Mar 21, 2010.

1. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    again i just got my string machine.

I have couple of questions please help.
    1st. Is it ok just to have 1 fix clamp and 2 flying clamp, or should I get 2 fixed clamp and 2 flying clamp?

2nd question.
    one of my friend recommend me this, well actually tell me the technique in doing it.
    She told me that when clamp the racquet down on the machine, just lightly tight it where you can't not really move the racquet, but not TOO tight.

And, when tighting the main I don't have to worry about re-tight the clamps that hold down on the racquet; however, when come tighting the cross, she told me to make sure, to adjust the clams, because they will tend to be loose. (sorry don't know if I use the write word)

I did found that problem near the end of my cross, and yes true enough I broke my 20 dollars racquet with 30lb tension on my first stringing job. Lol yes stupid, practice with high tension.

Please give me any advice that can prevent the racquet bend or woab? (lol i dont know how to spell the word but you get the idea)

2. Ouchee

Ouchee Regular Member

I am not a pro myself but I think I can do a decent job on my Silent Partner Hip Hop machine. Here are some pointers I found over the years here in BC,

First of all, which machine did you get?

Even though I have fix clamps on my machine, I usually just too lazy to use them, Flying clamps save me time and they usually able to hold tension pretty well when doing under 25lbs job. I do use my fix clamp but that usually when I start my main.

Starter clamp is a must for me, very handly when your strings do not reach the gripper or to start your cross / tieing knots at the end.

Mounting should be "finger tight" only, the easy spot to crank on the frame are usually 12'o clock especially when you over tight. My machine is 6 pts suspension system so it provide more supports on the side.

Hope these info help.

3. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    thank you for reply, I've been practicing with the machine couple days already. So far, like I said I broke one of my racquet. However, after couple try and research on youtube and stuffs, I get some pointers and tips.

Oh by the way my machine has 6 points to hold the racquet too.
    I actually 80 percent successful with stringing my racquet today.
    Succeed
    1. It is tight as I want it. (actually alittle tighter would be nice, but that's good for now)
    2. I did not break my racquet thank god (it cost me 200 for that racquet)
    3. I actually did pre-weave my WHOLE racquet before I actually tighting it. (I took a risk and tried to see if i'm able pre-weave the whole racquet and still have some string left to reach the puller.)

failed.
    1. Missed lobe string =( lol next time won't happen
    2. This is my biggest questions too:
    I always get a round face of my racquet.
    Which mean make it simple for you guys to get the image. Instead my racquet suppose to be looking like an egg. However, I always get a SHORT egg. Get it?
    The main compare with other is shorter, and the cross is wider.

Anyone know how to fix that problem?

I think I might have an idea why I get that,
    My mounting might be too tight.

please reply,
    I know most of you have stringing machine in here, and have done lot's of string. Help out your fellow of badminton lover.

4. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    According to the Yonex stringing pattern you should string the cross strings 2lbs tighter than the mains. This should pull in the sides of the racket to stop it becoming deformed.

However when I strung both at the same tension the racket wasn't round at all. Could you post your stringing machine set up with the racket mounted. That way one we can try and see what's wrong. Or at least someone should be able to say.

The side supports should stop the racket going round when tightening the mains, so maybe they are too loose or supporting the wrong parts of the racket?

Depending on how "round" the frame is I would cut the strings on the racket, as it will be putting undue stress on the frame, which could lead to it breaking if played with.

Missing a string is annoying but shouldn't cause the frame to deform by much, if at all.

Also stringing at 30lbs straight off is a bit risky! But they're your rackets. Also have you checked your machine is calibrated. Use some fishing scales and loop string through both ends and then tension the strings and see what they read. There should be a screw somewhere to then adjust the machine to the correct tension if it is wrong.

5. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    again thank you for replied.
    Yes, I did have 2 lb extra, might even just alittle more like 2.5 whatever,
    And yes I did calibrate my puller.
    My machine is Eagnas easy3 model
    I might see a problem here is the mounting system.
    Or I might have the wrong idea.
    here goes:
    Because my mounting system is pretty much looks like other machines.
    for the top and bottom
    and then come to the 4 on the sides, it is just like a clamp can slide closer and further away from the racquet. And it able to clamp down on the racquet. Tight or lose which I do not even know if I am tighting it too tight.
    So anyway, my "theory" would be this. I am clamping the racquet down too tight, that's why the string can't not pull the "cross" in, the clamps hold the racquet frame too tight so the frame doesn't move in.

HMM!!!
    I think I might have another idea, which I must ask first.
    I hope I am right on this one.
    for the 4 clamps on the side, do they suppose to move back and forth freely?
    So if the tension is being press in, the racquet is also pulling in the 4 clamps in ward at the same time. Which the shape of the racquet will be normal right?