User Tag List

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    North America's economy runs on consumer spending than like Asians who save more than spend, generally speaking. Charge up first, worry about the payment later, or rather if you can manage the minimum monthly payment then nothing to worry, life's go on. In the case of presidents, why worry about debt payment, pass the buck to the next guy or gal. Once you got a card, a credit card is like a bank loan with astronomical interst rate but you do not need bank approval before spending. Get more cards, more spending power.
    No surprise .
    Is this the product of freedom of choice?? If so, I would consider myself lucky

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^No..^^

..that's called power of the govt. All this mess is because of all the govt. bureaucracies and regulations/laws involvement. Housing, finance, banking...who set the rules?? who's even involved in all these?..see the connection??..
    At the end of the day, freedom of choice still rules..Btw, there's no freedom of choice in Aussie??..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold on, the govt and the law makers were not chosen by US citizen by free choice? The US markets (housing, finance, banking, etc) is not a free markets? Stop blaming the govt, the citizen is as much guilty.

The AU is a free country too (just like many other democratic countries), but surely has different regulations (with the US) on many issues (such as: health care, govt spending, fiscal policy, banking governance, global warming, etc).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Hold on, the govt and the law makers were not chosen by US citizen by free choice? The US markets (housing, finance, banking, etc) is not a free markets? Stop blaming the govt, the citizen is as much guilty.
    ..the politicians get chosen by the people, sure. But that's as far as they go. You don't think politicians are crooks and liars and don't cheat & look for themselves?..
    So, tell me, how did the U.S. housing market bubble burst?? You think the avg citizen did it?..I don't think you know the real deal..if you don't know, just admit...Or read the "Sky is falling I & II" threads to find out..
    Tell us how the citizens are as much guilty when their hard earned money gets taken away??..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My American friends, just look at how the world is coming out from the financial mess. Mainly, it is China and the US who are inflating their economies and in the process have literally saved the world from a complete collapse. Many countries are showing strong recovery except for the EU.
    Just look over your shoulder at the EU, the odd one out who did not inflate their economies the way the US and China did. Now they are in a mess. A tiny country like Greece and maybe later Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Ireland can cause so much damage to the EU. The EU is not doing well in the recovery compared with the US and China.
    Now that the stimulus works, the US needs to think hard about the future when there are no more stimulus to kick-start the economy. China is already starting to reduce its stimulus and I hope the US has the political will to do the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ones that tugs the EU down are affectionately (hrrrmm) called the PIGSS., no wonder the UK never ever wanted to have to do with them in the very beginning. Pounds Sterling took a beating of their own no less, but if indeed they went with the Euro derailment express...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..the politicians get chosen by the people, sure. But that's as far as they go. You don't think politicians are crooks and liars and don't cheat & look for themselves?..
    So, tell me, how did the U.S. housing market bubble burst?? You think the avg citizen did it?..I don't think you know the real deal..if you don't know, just admit...Or read the "Sky is falling I & II" threads to find out..
    Tell us how the citizens are as much guilty when their hard earned money gets taken away??..
    So the people in the US always make a bad choice and choosen crooks and liars in every election?? oh c'mon!!! If so, no need to vote just stay at home why bother.
    The average citizen is in a sense guilty because of their consumption behaviour, which also include their borrowing behaviour.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So the people in the US always make a bad choice and choosen crooks and liars in every election?? oh c'mon!!! If so, no need to vote just stay at home why bother.
    The average citizen is in a sense guilty because of their consumption behaviour, which also include their borrowing behaviour.
    LOL, LOL (15 chars)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really scares me to hell to think of what might have been if George Bush was still in power instead of Obama.
    Americans should think hard and dwell on this instead of needlessly and shamefully bashing their new president who is really doing a good job for the US economy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree 100%. BO is good enough for me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just have a look at the EU. It is an ageing union of countries. Its future looks bleak from a demographic viewpoint, unless it opens its borders to future hordes of Turks and muslims.
    It is not looking well in the current world order, bogged down by a few troublesome countries. It has a disproportionately large representation in world bodies like security council seats in the UN (2), IMF, World Bank, G20, too many hand-outs and social security that are unsustainable, but almost zero contribution to help the world economy.
    I feel the creation of the EU may turn out to be Europe's greatest mistake and disaster, which it will not recover from.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..i'm not suggesting all politicians are like that, but most of them are.
    I mean, what else are they good at if not as crooks, liars, cheaters??..
    Yes, unfortunately a lot of people vote w/emotion and heart rather than brain. And if you don't know, a lot of the voters who voted for BO are now expressing their regrets.
    Avg citizens are consuming in such ways because of why? Because of the govt. and rules and regulations set by them. If the govt. sets the rules and regulations, how else are the people going to behave?...think!
    Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac..credit to bank.....who set them up and control them?..
    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    It really scares me to hell to think of what might have been if George Bush was still in power instead of Obama.
    Americans should think hard and dwell on this instead of needlessly and shamefully bashing their new president who is really doing a good job for the US economy.
    Agree 100%. BO is good enough for me
    ..still blaming W until now??..
    Yeah, not a surprise. Liberals, esp. big government supporters are in love with BO. Heck, they probably worship him....Btw, do you guys have an altar w/a picture of BO in your house??..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This is for Yoppy..

Take a guess..

Is It the NBA Or NFL?

Have been accused of spousal abuse

Have been arrested for fraud

Have been accused of writing bad checks

Have directly or indirectly
    Bankrupted at least 2 businesses

Have done time for assault

Repeat...
    Cannot
    Get a credit card due to bad credit

Have been arrested on drug-related charges

Have been arrested for shoplifting

Currently
    Are defendants in lawsuits, and

Have been arrested for drunk driving

In
    The last year

Can
    You guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?... Scroll down,

Neither,
    it's the 535 members of the
    United States Congress

The
    Same group of Idiots that crank out
    Hundreds of new laws each year
    Designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow.................. My guess other countries will have some too...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This is for ctjcad

Hei Mr smart (who tell people to think but in fact a fat dumb donkey himself),
    You have crossed the line mate. Is there anything on this forum when I and Taneepak attack you on a personal basis? Mind you all that putting an altar at home is reserved for our ancestors and religous believes. I wish only if i meet you personally i will surely smack your head into a toilet hole. Do you have an altar at your house with a fat dumb donkey picture on it?
    If you want to debate, lets debate!! like an honour and respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    The winning side claims the new health care system will reduce the budget deficit over time. The losing side thinks otherwise. Only one side can be right. Let us see what happens.
    BTW, health care is only one component in the budget. There are many leaks in the other components too. Of course almost all those leaks can be stopped and reversed easily, only if politicians have the political will.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100423/...aw_costs/print

Report says health care will cover more, cost more
    By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR, Associated Press Writer Ricardo Alonso-zaldivar, Associated Press Writer
    Fri Apr 23, 5:58 am ET

.WASHINGTON President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law is getting a mixed verdict in the first comprehensive look by neutral experts: More Americans will be covered, but costs are also going up.

Economic experts at the Health and Human Services Department concluded in a report issued Thursday that the health care remake will achieve Obama's aim of expanding health insurance adding 34 million to the coverage rolls.

But the analysis also found that the law falls short of the president's twin goal of controlling runaway costs, raising projected spending by about 1 percent over 10 years. That increase could get bigger, since Medicare cuts in the law may be unrealistic and unsustainable, the report warned.

It's a worrisome assessment for Democrats.

In particular, concerns about Medicare could become a major political liability in the midterm elections. The report projected that Medicare cuts could drive about 15 percent of hospitals and other institutional providers into the red, "possibly jeopardizing access" to care for seniors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooler, if you spend say $20 each time you play badminton, made up of $10 for court and shuttles, $5 for travel, and $5 for sodas and sweets.
    How about increasing your court/shuttles cost to $14, travel $5, but cut your sodas and sweets to zero.
    Yes, there will a big jump in court/shuttles fees of $4, a huge 40% increase. But don't look at this like a frog in a well. Look at the big picture.
    The big picture is very different. Instaed of playing cheapy plastics that are meant for beach or park badminton, you get to play with real quality goose feather shuttles. Also, your total budget is now smaller by $1.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast