The sky has finally fallen...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by ctjcad, Mar 22, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

(or is it??)..:p
    *sigh*...i feel so bad for the American folks!! Being forced to accept the just passed health care reform bill, another huge entitlement govt. program and perhaps the final nail in the coffin for the U.S., with who knows what the consequences will be down the road...

*sigh*oh well..

(master silentheart and master cooler, you all know the process)..:p:cool:

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    A big hurrah to the 46 million who can't afford or aren't covered by any kinds of medical insurance.

If anything I'd like my tax money to fund something worthwhile like this instead of invasions on foreign soil hostile to my country's economic interests.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Who else wants to come to America for free healthcare??..

Dear wilfredlgf,
    Yes, i know you like free healthcare. And i do too. But, unfortunately, the just passed health care reform bill is neither for health nor for care. Do you really believe this is all about healthcare reform and the govt. means what they say? If so, then i think you'd need to do more research. I wouldn't expound more on the complex issue of health care as another thread has discussed that.
    Btw, that 40+ million is a wrong number (30+ mil is more like it, but it's just a number). Even Prez BO admitted he goofed up with the number. And yes, as a note, the current health care bill won't even cover all 30+ of the uninsured. Yes, 30-32 million people will gain the theoretical right to health insurance. But over half of that coverage comes from placing at least 16 million more Americans into Medicaid, an unpopular and overextended welfare program that already rations care.

Do i like to see my tax money to fund wars or invasions on foreign soil hostile to my country's economic interests? I'd say no also. But I feel that health care is not a right covered by the constitution and should be the responsibility of the individual, not the government nor paid by me. Many of us Americans worked for and earned our health care and i think everyone should do the same. Why should I have to pay for other people's bad health decisions?

I feel the U.S. definitely need a heath care bill that will provide an affordable insurance to the majority of American because the main issue is and has been the cost: untaxed employer-provided insurance, which entangles a high-inflation commodity, health care, with the wage system will remain. What should be the priority of the govt. and the current admin. right now is to solve the unemployment issue.
    What this bill is about is expanded government power over the financing and delivery of medical services that is sure to ration care in the name of cost control. I am sure you're aware of such public system in your home land of M'sia(?).
    The U.S. needs a system which can control the health related cost. Unfortunately, this bill is void of such measures and ideas. Insurance prices will remain high, if not go higher despite this new health care bill simply because the law will forbid insurance companies to deny coverage to persons because of pre-existing conditions, thereby making the risk pool more risky, which will increase the cost of premiums..
    We started this reform at wrong time. I am more worry about the employment issue than heath care reform. I will feel much better if this health plan gets pass after 2010 or 2011 or 2012 but not now.

-From one of the many Americans who will feel even more unnecessary taxation.:(
    :p..*sigh* good to know you still have a good sense of humor after all this hulla-balloo...After all, the Prez and Congress have nothing better to do anyway..:p

#3 ctjcad, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i see it as a bailout using from a different pail, sometime later, someone somewhere somehow will have to pay up. Throwing money into it is not a solution, just a quick fix painkiller for now. When next generation americians become broke and hungry, that is a more incentive to invade other country:D because wars create jobs and adds to GDP.

5. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    ...to fund wars? Of course not.

...responsibility of an individual. Yep, absolutely!

...nor the goverment? Perhaps by the government to a certain extent but of course, as JFK's ever famous quote: ''...ask what you can do for your country.''

...nor paid by me. Why me? Why not? If you are in the (good or great) position to do so, you'd still rather not, sir? Really?

Peace? Prosperity? And Love for all Mankind?

Politically philosophic utopia?

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..yes, MetalOrange (Brooks, Colonel), may i help you????...

#6 ctjcad, Mar 22, 2010
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i wonder, when 2014 rolls around, whether the govt. will indeed provide all the promised health care coverage to all those 30+ mil people??..Or this is all just nothing but a big scam??:confused:..
    Watch this, in a few years, the govt. will be begging and complaining that the health care system is broke and they need more tax money from the people to fund it (just like any other big government programs funding that have gone down the drain)..

#7 ctjcad, Mar 22, 2010
  8. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    ctjcad,

...to fund wars? Of course not.

...responsibility of an individual. Yep, absolutely!

...nor the goverment? Perhaps by the government to a certain extent but of course, as JFK's ever famous quote: ''...ask what you can do for your country.''

...nor paid by me. Why me? Why not? If you are in the (good or great) position to do so, you'd still rather not, sir? Really?

GrayDark

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..thank you for confirming you are MetalOrange. And yes, i'm sure you can answer all of those questions yourself!:cool:

10. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    ctjcad,

Self explanatory? That's cute deflection!

The dark rider hasn't started his round roaming w a fakey dipthong?

GrayDark

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

fakey dipthong? take a look below and see if you spot anything similar??..

12. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    ctjcad,

What are you on?

Hold on, I can spot it now, color coding name? Whew, I must be a forensics guy.

Well, you got well over 10,000 posts and all you can say is: I can answer it myself?

I'll accept that, thanks so much!

ColorCoded

#12 GrayDark, Mar 22, 2010
  13. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    ctjcad,

NO LOVE FOR THE HAND THAT FEEDS THE MOUTH?

Probably kick martial artist will start his roundhouse lingo patrolin' anytime soon:eek:?

14. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    I was under the impression that the last thread was locked because it became political in nature. If I'm reading this right, you're starting a thread of a political nature and expect it to continue?

15. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    That's exactly what it's about if you can read between the line (the last line) of the very first post.

#15 GrayDark, Mar 22, 2010
  16. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

And yet, you are just making it worse. We are pointing out the issues and problems we will be seeing. Yet, you are just posting some comments of personal attack in nature. Yes, I do not like BO. I do not like him because I see what he did in IL and in US Senate. I do not like him because he is all talk and no idea of how to fix the problems.
    Please read this.
    http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...kept-list-of-politicians-school-requests.html
    Another pay to play attach to BO. Oh yeah, he is as corrupted as any IL politician.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..thanks for your concern and we will try our mightiest not to turn this into the other last locked thread:cool:...btw, yes, if you have time, please hover over the last locked thread and you'll notice the thread was going fine until guess which member came in & start posting (it was then filled with just off-topic banters)..:p

and yes, i know you probably won't be feeling the pinch in your pocket with this latest appauling legislative passage in the U.S..so..

any more contribution to this thread?..

18. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    Alright then silentheart, that's more like it. Just fyi, you might spot me in N. Greenview...so guess we've met but just don't know each other. Btw, I see them poor guys in and out most every day and I don't think it's ever about the tort game. It's about costing the government more if we don't take care of it right now.

Well, I regret we have differing views and I apologise for that.

#18 GrayDark, Mar 22, 2010
  19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    What a load of rubbish this thread title "The sky has finally fallen" seems to imply. First the sky has not fallen at all. If any thing it has given to a new dawn. Whatever happens from now cannot do anything worse than what is happening now. How can anything get worse?
    The current health care system in the US is an embarrasment to the US. It is driven by market forces, a Siamese twin of Wall Street. You know what happened to Wall Street.
    How can Americans spend so much on health care and yet die younger than citizens of other developed countries? There are countries that live healthier and longer and at cheaper costs than the US and yet have more universal coverage for everyone.
    There are something in life that every human being is entitled to. It shouldn't be money driven.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Its a dilemma now. The perception here is that USA is holding the world in terms of economic stability. The world need them to keep on spending. Unless china opens up. ;)