Results 1 to 8 of 8
03-22-2010, 12:03 PM #1
LABC - BIRDIEVENT Teams Summer Competition 2010
LABC - BIRDIEVENT Teams Summer Competition 2010
Birdievent is proud to partner with Los Angeles Badminton Club (A state of the Badminton facility in Southern California) to host teams friendly badminton event for everyone.Details of the events:
Location: Los Angeles Badminton Club (LABC) - 10410 Valley Blvd., El Monte, CA 91731Date & Time:Qualification Round - May 1, 2010 at 10:00 AM - FinishedSemi Final - Final Round - May 8, 2010 at 10:00AM - FinishedThe Event Rules & Guidelines:
- The cost to participate on this tournament is FREE. However, non-LABC members have to pay entrance fees $10.00 per person to the Los Angeles Badminton Club (LABC).
- The event is open to any groups as long as they have enough players to participate to the event.
- Each team will select 10 top players from the team members (5 pairs).
- The pair can be man-man, man-women, or women-women.
- The team leader will decide who will be paired and/ or play on the 1st match, 2nd and so on.
- One player cannot play twice or more against the same opponent team. If team does not have enough players, it will be called WO (walk-out) and the point will be rewarded to the opponent team.
- In case the match is going to the 3d set, the final match point on the 3rd set is 15 instead of 21 (to shortening the time of the event). It will be sudden-death (no deuce).
- The system is round-robin (a minimum of 2 matches per team).
- Each brackets consists of 4 teams.
- The top 2 teams will represent the bracket into the Semi-Final round.
- The winner of Semi-Final round will compete in the Final round.
- The match is based on the 21 points system.
- Warm-Up time is 3 minutes max.
- There is no break-time on 11 points mid-match on any sets.
- Every time a pair win a match, the group will earn 1 point.
- The winning team is the one which earn 3 points first against the other team.
- Each team player must provide own birdie to the match (DNA Shuttlecock is proud to sponsor this event by giving special discounts to all participants. $100.00 will get 12 DNA Black Tubes. Basically it is $8.34 per tube Price includes Sales Tax).
- Due to courts availability, we may limit the numbers of teams participations. Currently we are expecting 14 teams.
- All Teams must register their players profiles to www.birdievent.com site, so we can link and provide all the updates automatically to every participants.
- This is a friendly event, therefore, we do not expect to see professional caliber players to participate on this event.
- We will create Questions & Answer section in the BIRDIEVENT FORUM. Therefore, please post your questions in that section accordingly.
- The last date to register your team is April 25, 2010 at 12:00PM.
- Due to limited courts availability, we will reserve team participations as first comes, first serves rules.
03-22-2010, 04:00 PM #2
wow, so it's a go after all, eh??..
unfortunately i won't be able to join the fun on the court or off the court for this event w/you guys..should be interesting to see who'll be playing and the results!
best wishes for a fun filled and safe tourney..hopefully i'll be able to join you guys in the future!
03-23-2010, 08:51 PM #3
We are sorry if you may not be able to participate or watch the event. This time we expand our invitations to wider badminton communities, especially to Southern California regions. We believe it will be more challenging, fun and exciting.
03-29-2010, 02:16 PM #4
We appreciate the quick responds from many individuals who want to participate on this event. However, this is a team event which every player must become a member of a team to participate.
If you know other people who like to play on this event, you may create a team within and register your team accordingly. Otherwise, you have to contact the respective team leaders and inform him if you are looking to play for his team.
As of March 29, 2010, we had confirmed the participation of the following teams (pending uploading the names of the players)
Superbird - Eddie Lopez (Team Leader)
PBCA - Jun Bautista (Team Leader)
Badmindo - Patrick Thona (Team Leader)
Ronin Garuda - Michael Hegel (Team Leader)
Walnut Badminton Club - Sammy Ponnusamy (Team Leader)
Nova Team I - Megan Chiu (Team Leader)
Nova Team II - Kurtis Hardi (Team Leader)
Thousand Oaks Badminton Club - Chang Ping (Team Leader)
New Skyline Stone - Andy Jang (Team Leader)
A few other team leaders had acknowledged their interests, but they had not decided on their team names (pending discussion/ approval of their members).
Like I mentioned previously, we will limit to 16 teams only for this event due to courts availability. Your early registration will reserve your spot in this event (last date to register is April 25, 2010 at 12:00PM).
I will update the teams status as more confirmations will come.
Please visit www.birdievent.com and register your profile to get news and updates of the event.
04-23-2010, 05:56 PM #5
We received last minutes noticed from some listed teams, if they may not be able to compile enough players to participate on the event. Therefore, we still have many spots available.
If you are interested to create a team and join this event, please register your team the latest on Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 12:00PM. After this date, we will divide the teams into groups and schedule the matches accordingly.
Team Registration online form is available at http://www.birdievent.com
04-29-2010, 02:03 PM #6
Dear Team Leaders & Players:
We have divided all 12 teams into 3 challenging groups.
Ronin Garuda Badminton
Wolf Badminton Club
New Skyline Stone
Southern Crew (SCrew)
Wood Shots BC
Team Leaders: Please arrive in the club at 10:00 AM to listen to the orientation and briefing of the event. The 1st match will start exactly at 11:00AM.
If your teams want to purchase shuttlecocks:
DNA BLACK is $8.34 per tube with minimum purchase of 12 tubes.
DNA YELLOW is 13.64 per tube with minimum purchase of 10 tubes.
05-04-2010, 07:07 PM #7
Congratulation to the 6 qualified teams who will play on the Semi-Final Stage:
- Nova 2 Badminton Team
- Ronin Garuda Team
- Southern Crew (SCrew)
- Team Citrux
- New Skyline Stone Team
- Nova 1 Badminton Team
05-10-2010, 05:36 PM #8
Before the first final match started, the bets were leaning to Southern Crew (SCrew - Andy Monkie Tran Team) and New Skylines Stone (Andy Jang Team) to edge in the final round.
Yet, after lunch hours the brackets were suddenly blur and difficult to predict. Four teams got at least 1 defeat, while the mixed-up last minutes NOVA-I was able to protect its deficiency with marginal victory on every match.
At the end, NOVA - I, the underdog and undisputed team, went home with the trophies and convincing 5-0 overall results.
Special thank you to Los Angeles Badminton Club for giving us the opportunity to hold this event for two consecutive weekends and also to all team leaders who worked hard to motivate their players and scheduled their pairings to compete fiercely on every match.
We will see you again on the next upcoming events...
LABC - Birdievent Summer 2010 Teams Champion
By pramana in forum L. A. Badminton Club (LABC)Replies: 0: 07-12-2011, 10:51 PM
By LABC Admin in forum L. A. Badminton Club (LABC)Replies: 2: 06-26-2010, 05:00 AM
By JR in forum Jonas Rasmussen ForumReplies: 0: 05-19-2010, 11:56 AM
By JR in forum Jonas Rasmussen ForumReplies: 0: 03-19-2010, 08:11 AM
By pramana in forum Arcadia Badminton Club ( ABC )Replies: 46: 12-17-2009, 10:21 AM