Classic Sport at Toa Payoh will move to Yishun soon.

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by SpendorK, Mar 24, 2010.

1. SpendorK

SpendorK Regular Member

:)
    FYI

Classic Sport at Toa Payoh will move to Yishun soon (end of this week or March). :)

2. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Can give me the address tomolo? I will use him next time. Changing stringer

3. SpendorK

SpendorK Regular Member

Hi Huang Xi
    Pls check with Mr.Soh at 6253 8858 :)

4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Thanks for the note Spendork. But damn Yishun is so far away... probably better for Soh since it'll be nearer for him.

5. angchor

angchor Regular Member

Which part of yishun? Which block?

6. SpendorK

SpendorK Regular Member

:)
    Pls check with Mr.Soh at 6253 8858.

7. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Hi Weeyeh, Just wondering where you get your racket stringing done? Toa Payoh area..... I have always asked Mr Soh to string for me; now kinda lost...:(

8. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Haiz... Classic loh. That's why I'm also frowning. He's one of the few people I trust my rackets to.

In future I might get my friend to help me get my rackets strung. He brings it to Johor :D.

9. sianzism

sianzism Regular Member

was told the news by mr soh when i went to string my racket this evening

yishun seems abit far liao :(

10. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Too far ?

Hi all ,

Mr Soh's stringing is one of the best in Singapore , he can tell just from sight if your racquet can take ur requested tension , if u r used to his stringing , y change ? Change of stringer will also affect the feel of our racquet , yes yishun is far but I am willing to spent time to travel to get the best out from my racquet .

Good day

11. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Mr Soh is good but to travel to Yishun a bit xiong.... I need my racket re strung every 4-6 weeks leh.... any good stringers in this area? Has anyone tried the stringing of MB sports at Bishan? What about Toa Payoh Safra?

#11 szekt, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  12. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Swung by Classic just now and caught Soh packing up the stop at Toa Payoh. He's closing up the shop tomorrow. :(

Maybe Soh should start a courier service for his racket stringing service.

szekt, dun think the shop in Toa Payoh SAFRA does stringing for badminton. The shop seems to be more focussed on squash.

13. lwingyou

lwingyou Regular Member

I think he is moving his "shop" to a home based business like Mr Lim from artric. Heard from Soh about this weeks ago before his prospected "taking over tenant" visit.

Heard his house is in Yishun blk 6xx area, which is in Katib and near the new KTH hospital.

Those who feel far can call him to check if he does picking and sending services. Also heard him suggesting this possiblility with an "extra charge" .

Imho, travelling 3-4 mrt stops in Singapore is insignificant compared to other countries where badminton shops is miles away in another town. Personally, Mr Soh's stringing skill is definitely worth the extra distance.

14. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Dropped by his shop to string my racket.... saw him packing:(; anyways, he did mention that he might be doing "rounds" picking up rackets at MRT stations for stringing with extra charge($2-3?); actually might be a win-win situation: saves me the hassle of sending the racket to his place/incurring costs in transport and he gets some money for his time/effort; dunno how long he will provide this service though (if it does happen).... probably when there is enough volume at his new "office", I guess he may not do this....

BTW, he will be operating from blk 9XX which is behind Yishun MRT(havent checked out yet)...guess it is still relatively accessible.....even then, will still be painful for me if I make a trip every 4 weeks or so to get my racket restrung....I stay a few blocks away from his current Braddell location!!

15. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Thanks... I saw a couple of badminton rackets there last time I was there..then again, that was about 8 months ago...maybe the owner has changed; any experience with MB sports Bishan:)?

16. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

first time visited Mr. Soh when his shop at Toa Payoh SAFRA around mid of 2006 .....
    after that visited his Braddell with SpendorK last year .....
    now he moves again ..... hope to come and visit him again in the future.
    really nice people to chit-chat.

17. modious

modious Regular Member

MB Sports has it's own regular customers although personally, I would prefer either Mr Soh's or Chris's (@ Ang Mo Kio) stringing.

18. szekt

szekt Regular Member

May I ask why you prefer Mr Soh? Mr Soh is good but I am just thinking of a "backup" at a place nearer to where I stay. Thanks.:)

19. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    wow didnt know Soh has so many supporters :) I guess he is already prepared that he may lose a number of his regular customers now that he has shifted his operations to Yishun.

szekt, have we met before? didnt know we didnt stay in the same vicinity. You could hand your rackets to me during the weekend as I may meet Soh for dinner/supper every Monday after my badminton session. But you will have to collect the rackets from Soh yourself.

ps. I willl not charge any courier fee but please do not hold me liable for any damage to your rackets.

My offer above is also extended to cool dudes like you and spendork :)

20. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Thanks. I dont think we have met before...actually I dont know who you are haha:D but really appreciate your offer... I stay in TPY, you are at BG so it is difficult; anyways his "courier service" looks promising....:)