Eagnas still poor customer service?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Xuser, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    I'm thinking of getting a stringing machine mainly to string for myself only. Perhaps for a few friends.
    I geared towards the Eagnas electronic ones as they have good pricing. However, not sure if it is safe as I've read so much battle between Eagnas and Silent partner and that Eagnas customer service is terrible. Is it still true?
    Also, should I consider drop weight type machine? It seems from my reading, that drop weight machines are cumbersome to string. Meaning, the bar has to be horizontal whereas the electonic ones are easy and provide a constant pull.
    Man, buying a stringing machine is not easy :(

2. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    cost vs benefit.

are you willing to fork up extra money for an electric one? yes it may be easier to tension but if there is a glitch in your machine later on, is there enough customer service to get it back up and running? Keep in mind the shipping charges for the machine to get it repaired.

for drop weight machines (in general) require less work than all other machines. Since you're only stringing for your yourself and friends, I dont think drop weight is so bad. Have you considered Klippermate it can cost roughly 200$ with all tools.

If you are keen on the electric tensioner setup you may want to consider the Wise head on (most?) 6 point mount machine, its fast, light, and performance efficient. If you want you may get the 6 point crank, do some research to ensure that the Wise electric head can be mounted on the machine itself and upgrade later if you find that you do not like crank machines.

:)

3. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Klipper mate

Yes, I have looked into the Klippermate. I can see stringing with the Klippermate can take 1hr easily, am I correct? I will be stringing at 27lbs.
    My budget is around C$500 give or take a few.

4. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    I've done 30lbs on a klippermate on an isometric swing power with no problem. any drop weight will take approx an hour. my best time was roughly 45 +/- 1mins on another drop weight. it all comes down to how lazy you are really. often its not speed of the string job but the quality. Sure i could probably cut 15 mins off if i want unaligned strings(not moving the strings when tensioned), inconsistency (single pull) and customers who probably won't be coming back. xD
    it all comes down to technique, and the pace you're going at.
    I'll let other members chime in as well =)

5. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

The electronics on the low end eagnas models suck. They are not constant pull and if its not cp then there basically is no point. You would be better off getting a crank, or eagnas+wise.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Also one thing to consider is that stringing it slow is also not good for the racket's frame since it is being stressed while on the machine.

Typical time my stringer can do it is about 20 minutes or so, with strings aligned and consistant.

#6 Matt, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  7. daytonian

daytonian Regular Member

From my own personal experience, I havent seen any worse Customer Support than Eagnas. Despite that they sell clone machines that is more affordable in price.

8. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

My opinion.

Drop is slow and requires extra pulling string to start. If you are pulling horizontals top down it is impossible on the machine I had from packaged string.

Buy a crank at minimum, you will be thankful in the long run.:D

9. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    I'm in Canada, so I prefer to buy from Canada or the US depending on shipping. Is this entry level machine a good one to start with?
    http://www.sptennis.com/stringer.asp#Jive
    I assume this machine can string badminton racquets, not just tennis or squash?

10. druss

druss Regular Member

Any machine can string all three, just a matter of how well they do it. SP offers a badminton specific kit which includes a few badminton specific things in it.

Personally, I'm going to hope that the wise head fits on my crump when I'm ready for it.

11. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    I just got my machine from eagnas, I'll say it fairly ok.
    I actually live close to the local store, so just came and picked up. Consider how the customer service? I'll say they're alright. I guess because I haven't have any part broken from the machine yet.
    However, truely from what I see with the blue print or whatever you want to call them on the website, they are tough.
    However, compare to Xuser website (link) I would have buy the silent partner hip hop
    (with the drop weight, 6 mounting points, 2 fixed clamp)

I would return my eagnas (model easy 3) if that machine can be order in person and pick up, because i'm a person who like to come and buy in person, I do not buy online.
    2nd reason is I love quality over quantity. I play with high tension, and the machine I get it only have 1 fix clamp, and the way I see the mounting is more better less chance of damage a racquet. Compare to mine is better.

12. hong

hong Regular Member

Engineer
    Frustration

OMG.... I can't believe how poor their service is... when I ordered my ST-250, several years ago, they always responded quickly.

Now that I am looking for a replacement part, I've been tring to contact them for the past month, and still no response!

I am so frustrated. It's not like I am asking for free stuff... I am actually going to pay them money for a replacement part !

Unbelievable.....

I'll never deal with them anymore....