User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked to the owner of BBC and he tells me that BBC3 has plenty of empty courts. I can let you know as I am driving down tomorrow to play all afternoon. But for sure Bintang is busy this summer as they've been having camps.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i was told that BBC3 got crowded after Halim started coaching there.

Bintang tends to attract more HS players so they do get crowded during summer break.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monday and Wednesdays at BBC3 are very crowded with the Smash City Elite Dragons and the DnG group playing there. After 7 PM on Monday and Wednesday nights, it is very hard to get a court, and especially hard to challenge since the only challenge court there is reserved for the Dragons and DnG group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg ...... how many asians are there in california???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Sure about bbc3 , maybe it could be less crowded with many more clubs opening in short area.
    and I guess i play at peak time(6-7:30PM) hence i see few clubs a bit crowded :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    Monday and Wednesdays at BBC3 are very crowded with the Smash City Elite Dragons and the DnG group playing there. After 7 PM on Monday and Wednesday nights, it is very hard to get a court, and especially hard to challenge since the only challenge court there is reserved for the Dragons and DnG group.
    Neither the Dragons nor the DnG have any courts reserved. Anyone can challenge those courts if they wish.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mugdays View Post
    Neither the Dragons nor the DnG have any courts reserved. Anyone can challenge those courts if they wish.
    Technically court 13 is reserved every Monday and Wednesdays if you check the computer system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    Technically court 13 is reserved every Monday and Wednesdays if you check the computer system.
    Court 13 is reserved everyday on the queuing system because it's always a Challenge Court. Anyone can sign up for it by using the paper behind the court or you can call next. Thats how its like at the other BBC in Burlingame too. It's fun when you win haha, stay on longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I played at BBC3 yesterday. We started playing at 2:30, and there were only 6 other people playing in the whole facility. One or two people trickled in, but that's basically how it was until 5ish. Then it filled in a hurry, but despite the three courts reserved for coaching, there were just enough people to fill the courts. We ended up finishing around 7:15 (we got hungry ), and no one used our empty court while we were packing up. I looked back right before we walked out the door and the court was still vacant.

On a side note, it was quite warm til 5 when they finally turned on the AC.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    So I played at BBC3 yesterday. We started playing at 2:30, and there were only 6 other people playing in the whole facility. One or two people trickled in, but that's basically how it was until 5ish. Then it filled in a hurry, but despite the three courts reserved for coaching, there were just enough people to fill the courts. We ended up finishing around 7:15 (we got hungry ), and no one used our empty court while we were packing up. I looked back right before we walked out the door and the court was still vacant.

On a side note, it was quite warm til 5 when they finally turned on the AC.
    methinks that we need to start a thread for each gym to report how busy each one is on particular days. this will be useful for future references.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i was in the area earlier today so i dropped by and take a look at the Bintang5 site.

very very nice location. accessible as it is between Calaveras and Montague, close to 680/880, and the road is nicely lined by trees. neighbors appears to be high tech companies.

there is a notice at the front telling neighbors about the pending condition permit hearing.

the building looks quite enormous even though Bintang5 will be occupying just 1/2 of it.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  47.0 KB

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the details are out:

http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/_pdfs/...2510/ph_01.pdf

total 23 courts. seems a bit packed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

23 courts wow no more wait times would be great to play here..
    based on google maps Bintang5 at Yosemite dr is walking distance from BBC3.. interesting

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naim564 View Post
    23 courts wow no more wait times would be great to play here..
    based on google maps Bintang5 at Yosemite dr is walking distance from BBC3.. interesting
    this area will have some pretty stiff competition. Bintang5 (23 courts), BBC3 (12 courts) and CBA (18 courts) slightly up north.

each place have plenty of courts for everyone. the differentiating factor between the 3 will be quality of service and user experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice for a couple of people to do a full comparison between the three on the same night. Like say, on a typical Friday night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    this area will have some pretty stiff competition. Bintang5 (23 courts), BBC3 (12 courts) and CBA (18 courts) slightly up north.

each place have plenty of courts for everyone. the differentiating factor between the 3 will be quality of service and user experience.
    Great investigative skills, kwun, thanks for sharing the 127 page (!) permit.

With ~50% of the populations of Milpitas and Fremont being Asian, and CBA and UBC being so heavily trafficked, hopefully the market can sustain this new 23-court facility. Even in light of the economy, Asian parents are always looking to supplement their children's schooling with a variety of activities -- e.g. cram/prep schools in the area are popping up left and right!

Hope Bintang got a great lease on this property, in light of the real estate doldrum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's hope all the club owners have done an exceptional job in their business planning. There will be 60+ full-time courts within a 3 miles radius. As long as everyone can make enough money to stay in business, that would be great. Keep the cost down, better facility, better services, and lots of court time for us fans. Hate to see anyone lose money for such noble ventures. This is badminton heaven!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast